• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

That's actually the mind-boggling thing. You can't just chalk Trump voters up as all being bigots and racists and whatever. There are just too many Trumpers for them to all fit into these marginal groups. This is mainstream, and whether GAF believes it or not, racism isn't ok in the mainstream. So why do these people still vote Trump? Because they can't stand to vote for Hillary.

OR they are fine with racism because it doesn't effect them and they get lower taxes or whatever

OR they don't think they are racist (but they totally are)

There are degrees of racism. You can be racist and still think the KKK is an offensive, evil group

mreddie

Cn79jgkUkAAp9UU.jpg

Ponn

Banned
That's actually the mind-boggling thing. You can't just chalk Trump voters up as all being bigots and racists and whatever. There are just too many Trumpers for them to all fit into these marginal groups. This is mainstream, and whether GAF believes it or not, racism isn't ok in the mainstream. So why do these people still vote Trump? Because they can't stand to vote for Hillary.

As I said last page, its not about being openly bigoted or racist, but you are priortizing certain self interests to vote with a party that DOES actively try to pass anti-gay laws. If you vote for them you are still culpable no matter how much you want to wash your hands clean.

A lot of the GOP supporters I know are single issue voters, which is why the party is in such trouble now. Maybe it's pro-life or gun control or economic conservativism they support and they disagree with Hillary's views on the issues strongly enough to vote against her. It's not like everybody who votes for the guy is doing so to stick it to non-WASPs, despite what it may sound like among more liberal discussion groups.

Then it sounds like the problem is those people for being so ignorant and blind about what they're pushing. Simple as that. "Single-issue voters" Is another way to say that they're ignorant, tiny people, who can't see the bigger picture.

THe entirety of anyone voting for Trump is. They are worthless ignorant bigots who need to have any vestige of influence removed from their grip. Anyone who has watched Trump's rise and has decided it is OK to vote for this authoritarian sociopath is now standing and being counted. They will be held accountable. No quarter for these sick traitors.

Measured response, this. Everyone seems to hate half of the people in this country. No exceptions.

pigeon

Banned
Can we stop making Hitler/Nazi comparisons?

The speech is already ridiculous on its own without the unnecessary hyperbole. Otherwise it just comes off like when Republicans compare Obama to Osama Bin Laden.

This is crazy.

Trump really is offering the same rationale that Hitler did, the same goals that Hitler offered. He even suggested the same review of wasteful spending that Hitler executed when he got into power!

There is actually a point at which stuff actually starts resembling Hitler.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Can we stop making Hitler/Nazi comparisons?

The speech is already ridiculous on its own without the unnecessary hyperbole. Otherwise it just comes off like when Republicans compare Obama to Osama Bin Laden.

It's not hyperbole dude. This is literally how the fascists sounded before they took over their countries. No joke.

BokehKing

Banned
There you go

If Hillary was not the other choice, it would be a steam rolling by the Democratic side. Too many people hate Hillary, that hate crosses party lines, like there are Democrats that hate Hillary. It's a problem that's rarely discussed here.

Sifl

You hear about all these bad things I mentioned? Well guess what, I can fix them.

But how Trump?

Vote for me and I'll fix them!

Bu-

VOTE FOR ME AND ILL FIX THEM, WITH MY OWN HANDS

Garry KasparovVerified account
‏@Kasparov63
I’ve heard this sort of speech a lot in the last 15 years and trust me, it doesn’t sound any better in Russian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom