• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought Trump's strategy was going to be to drag Hillary down into the gutter. Instead, it looks like his strategy to make the country, itself, feel so collectively horrible that it contemplates voting for Donald Trump so that its leader reflects its low, low state.

baby-worship-o.gif

iammeiam

Trump's fucking speech ran so long that the local CBS station is airing their shitty local news broadcast instead of the live Colbert show

Fuck that dude and the RNC and also my local CBS affiliate.

Longest acceptance speech since 1972.

I am shocked he made it the whole time with no potshots at Cruz.

I'm going to donate a *big* pile of money to Hillary tonight. Trump and the RNC have declared war on everyone, foreign and domestic, who isn't a straight white male.

Trump. Must. Not. Win.

He is literally Diet Hitler.

Orange Diet Hitler.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump loses points after this in the next round of polls.

This was the most disastrous political convention I've seen in my 30 years on this planet.

I can't fathom how he could possibly get a bump out of it.

Amir0x

Banned
Ok fine I can agree with that then, thank you for taking the time to explain.

Thanks for listening. If I may hazard one additional bit of explanation, I am very intentionally adopting a forceful form of rhetoric to provide a counterpoint to the type of loudmouthed hate coming from the other side.

To put it in terms recently described by a celebrity who said she wished those who were against hate spoke as loudly as those for it... well, I agree with that. I want to drown out their voices. And so if I may appear at times too forceful, it is because I believe this is an unprecedented election in our lifetime. I had ideological differences with McCain and Romney and Bush. I greatly disliked Bush. But I never thought they had a chance to destroy the country forever.

Trump is the first such candidate in my lifetime, maybe in this countries lifetime to pose such a threat. And I believe we need to be equal to the bigness of that threat by fighting back hard.

aborath

Neo Member
I'm going to donate a *big* pile of money to Hillary tonight. Trump and the RNC have declared war on everyone, foreign and domestic, who isn't a straight white male.

Trump. Must. Not. Win.

I've never donated to a candidate in my life, and I'm about to pony-up for Hillary.

"the polls though!!"

Trump is resonating with a scary amount of people. People need to get scared now.

Uh, the polls are generally reliable. So I don't get that comment. It'll be interesting to see what the polls do in the next few weeks after the conventions are over.

RomanceDawn

As a black man married to a Chinese immigrant I gotta say I can't stand Trump!

Oh wait no, I actually approve of a ton of things he said.

TRUMP'S PLAN

#1: SAFETY: LAW AND ORDER.
#2: ECONOMY: THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE.
#3: IMMIGRATION: WE DON'T WANT "THEM". ONLY INDIVIDUALS THAT LOVE OUR COUNTRY. BUILD A GREAT BORDER WALL.
#4: TRADE: FAIR TRADE. STAND UP TO COUNTRIES THAT CHEAT. TURN BAD AGREEMENTS INTO GREAT AGREEMENTS. WON'T LET COMPANIES MOVE TO OTHER COUNTRIES WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE. NO TPP.
ONLY INDIVIDUAL COUNTRY TO COUNTRY DEALS.
#5: TAXES: BIG TAX CUT.
#6: REGULATION: END IT QUICKLY. LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON ENERGY PRODUCTION.
#7: EDUCATION: SCHOOL CHOICE.
#8: HEALTHCARE: REPEAL AND REPLACE.
#9: TSA: WE'LL FIX IT.
#10: MILITARY: COMPLETELY REBUILD IT. COUNTRIES WILL PAY THEIR SHARE. VETS CHOOSE DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO WAITING.
#11: WASTE: ASK FOR A LIST. ELIMINATE STUFF ON THE LIST IN FIRST 100 DAYS.
#12: SUPREME COURT: CLONE SCALIA.
#13: RELIGION: ELIMINATE TAX EXEMPTION RESTRICTIONS RE: POLITICAL SPEECH.

BIGGER AND BETTER AND STRONGER THAN EVER BEFORE.
BELIEVE ME. IT'LL HAPPEN AND HAPPEN FAST.

These were literally the only points I could find in that mess of a speech.

mozfan12

Banned
The one good thing from this RNC shitshow is that things stayed relatively the same. The GOP is divided, Drumpf kept to his racist rethoric, and the party is still entrenched in its own arsehole. Bring on the Democratic Convention. It will be relative calm compared to this week's horror show.

bndadm

Guys, donate what you can to hilldawg tonight if you want to make a real difference.

Let's give her a giant chunk of change tonight and build towards stopping this hate monger.

I never thought to do this but I just set up a recurring payment to her campaign. I've never been so scared of the other side in my life.

I just realized the reason for the non seauiturs like the LGBT stuff, the bernie, student loans. All throwaways so people on media can say "but he mentioned it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom