• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna go watch some Carl Sagan stuff to get some hope in humanity back.

TRUMP'S PLAN

#1: SAFETY: LAW AND ORDER.
#2: ECONOMY: THINGS HAVE TO CHANGE.
#3: IMMIGRATION: WE DON'T WANT "THEM". ONLY INDIVIDUALS THAT LOVE OUR COUNTRY. BUILD A GREAT BORDER WALL.
#4: TRADE: FAIR TRADE. STAND UP TO COUNTRIES THAT CHEAT. TURN BAD AGREEMENTS INTO GREAT AGREEMENTS. WON'T LET COMPANIES MOVE TO OTHER COUNTRIES WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE. NO TPP.
ONLY INDIVIDUAL COUNTRY TO COUNTRY DEALS.
#5: TAXES: BIG TAX CUT.
#6: REGULATION: END IT QUICKLY. LIFT RESTRICTIONS ON ENERGY PRODUCTION.
#7: EDUCATION: SCHOOL CHOICE.
#8: HEALTHCARE: REPEAL AND REPLACE.
#9: TSA: WE'LL FIX IT.
#10: MILITARY: COMPLETELY REBUILD IT. COUNTRIES WILL PAY THEIR SHARE. VETS CHOOSE DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO WAITING.
#11: WASTE: ASK FOR A LIST. ELIMINATE STUFF ON THE LIST IN FIRST 100 DAYS.
#12: SUPREME COURT: CLONE SCALIA.
#13: RELIGION: ELIMINATE TAX EXEMPTION RESTRICTIONS RE: POLITICAL SPEECH.

BIGGER AND BETTER AND STRONGER THAN EVER BEFORE.
BELIEVE ME. IT'LL HAPPEN AND HAPPEN FAST.

These were literally the only points I could find in that mess of a speech.
four days

and not one detail on any policy

Amir0x

Banned
As a black man married to a Chinese immigrant I gotta say I can't stand Trump!

Oh wait no, I actually approve of a ton of things he said.

what the part about ripping up the constitution and separation of church and state or the part about magically eradicating ISIS or the part about how he is going to bring LAW AND ORDER on day one to America by...uh, building walls and shit?

Please, inform GAF. Because as we all know self-hating isn't a thing.

Brashnir

Did he offer you outcomes, or did he offer you solutions?

A positive outcome with no path to get there is just useless sugar to trick you.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
TRUMP'S PLAN

#3: IMMIGRATION: WE DON'T WANT "THEM". ONLY INDIVIDUALS THAT LOVE OUR COUNTRY. BUILD A GREAT BORDER WALL.
#4: TRADE: FAIR TRADE. STAND UP TO COUNTRIES THAT CHEAT. TURN BAD AGREEMENTS INTO GREAT AGREEMENTS. WON'T LET COMPANIES MOVE TO OTHER COUNTRIES WITHOUT CONSEQUENCE. NO TPP.
#10: MILITARY: COMPLETELY REBUILD IT. COUNTRIES WILL PAY THEIR SHARE. VETS CHOOSE DOCTOR AND HOSPITAL, NO WAITING.

Still boggles my mind that people will vote for this guy.

How can people justify a vote for any of these policies without an actual plan?

I know there was a lot to digest there, and perhaps I shouldn't be since it's basically a regurgitation of his proposed Muslim ban, but I'm pretty surprised the "WE DON'T WANT THEM IN OUR COUNTRY" ad-lib isn't getting more play.

Ekai

DRUMPF'S PLAN

You forgot about how much he loves the LGBT community (with Pence as your VP, sure, especially since you stated you want a VP to do all foreign and domestic work, I believe you for a second) and AAs and also wants to form a police state. Oh and how much he loves the evangelicals. Just, jesus was this terrifying.

Sianos

"We cannot afford to be so pollical correct anymore"

Totally agree.

Good.

Does that mean I won't be hearing any more complaining about unfairness when people with a modicum of social awareness decode the masterful dogwhistles of Donald "There's something going on. It's inconceivable. There's something going on." Trump and call out what he preaches for what it is?

I thought so.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I just realized the reason for the non seauiturs like the LGBT stuff, the bernie, student loans. All throwaways so people on media can say "but he mentioned it!"
Of course. It's pure lip service. It's a tool for deflection. "I'm not racist, I said I wanted to help poor minorities!"

Go on...

NYR

Did you like the part where he said 58% of black youth are unemployed and how his plan has nothing to resolve that but generalities?

Kreuzader

tumblr_oap6kyZm9S1t8pecvo1_1280.png

Yelling, lecturing, relentless negativity and fearmongering. More tired platitudes about how he's going to "fix" everything under the sun, zero specifics. This was yet another speech for his hardcore base, and no one else.

marrec

Banned
Dude is clearly a Troll why even engage with someone like that?

"Lol Trump represents me as a [insert surprising thing here]"

You forgot about how much he loves the LGBT community (with Pence as your VP, sure, especially since you stated you want a VP to do all foreign and domestic work, I believe you for a second) and AAs and also wants to form a police state. Oh and how much he loves the evangelicals. Just, jesus was this terrifying.
His only point was that he would protect the LGBTQ community by going after ISIS. There was no support there.

iammeiam

That the Political Correctness line got the massive audience reception it did really does say a lot. Out of all the things Trump went over, one of the problems that resonated the most with the audience was... people being pressured to not say shit that offends other people. Truly one of the biggest dilemmas facing America today.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Got back from Star Trek. How was Trump? Was he reigned in? did he go nuts?

Half and Half?
He mostly stayed on script which made it boring, and his delivery was incredibly uneven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom