• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Return of the King - Official Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 Thread

GQman2121

Banned
premierleague_kl507.jpg

This model of Robinho shits all over the one in the Fifa demo. I honestly have no issues with the graphics in PES this year; I actually think it might look better than Fifa in some regards.

I'm excited for the demo on Thursday.

Blablurn said:
according to the winning eleven blog there will be a big EDIT File on the same day as the game comes out.

Yup. It's supposed to be massive and include the German League.

I know you will be able to enjoy the fruits of their labor. I am hoping that I can use it on the US version.

GQman2121 said:
premierleague_kl507.jpg

This model of Robinho shits all over the one in the Fifa demo. I honestly have no issues with the graphics in PES this year; I actually think it might look better than Fifa in some regards.

I agree. That's still something that brutally sucks with FIFA. The player models in general are fantastic in PES. Either way I'll be playing both this year but EA needs to work on their models bigtime.

Miroslav said:
How is the spanish team or selection represented? With fake names?

Are you talking about the Spanish national team? It is licensed. If you are talking about the Spanish League, I think the licensed teams are:
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Villarreal
Athletic Club
Deportivo La Coruña
Espanyol
Mallorca

Trophy support still in the mix?

http://www.psu.com/Konami-releasing-PES-2009-demo-this-week-News--a0004938-p0.php

Konami has confirmed that it will be releasing a demo of the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC versions of Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 on October 2.

Players will be able to take part in a five-minute exhibition match, choosing from club teams including Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid and Barcelona, along with fellow national sides France and Italy.

Promotional footage detailing PES 2009’s ‘Become a Legend’ and online ‘Legends’ modes will also be included.

It's also worth mentioning that the PS3 version of the hotly anticipated soccer title will include Trophy support, making it Konami's first title for the system to do so.
PES 2009 is due for release on October 17.

spwolf

GQman2121 said:
premierleague_kl507.jpg

it is not only models, animation for individual players is so good that for many of them, you can recognize them from simply looking how they run and play... something that was never the case with fifa, even though Fifa overall graphics were superior...

woodchuck

spwolf said:
it is not only models, animation for individual players is so good that for many of them, you can recognize them from simply looking how they run and play... something that was never the case with fifa, even though Fifa overall graphics were superior...

:lol

Srider

Banned
Demo is out Oct. 2nd.

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced the availability of a playable demo of its forthcoming PES 2009 title for PLAYSTATION®3, Xbox 360 and PC on 2nd October.

Due for release on 17th October, PES 2009 marks the triumphant return of what is regarded as the most realistic football title for any format. Users will be treated to an expansive playable demo of the new title, with the bespoke version offering a full five-minute Exhibition multiplayer match.

Players will be able to select fully licensed Manchester United, Liverpool, Real Madrid, and Barcelona club teams, or the licensed Italian or French national sides. The demo will allow users an early taste of the all-new elements set to further bolster PES 2009’s reputation as the definitive football game. All new visuals with completely remodeled players and animations, and new physics routines to ensure the ball behaves more realistically have been included, while the AI of the CPU sides has been enhanced to provide an ever evolving challenge.

The PES 2009 demo will also include promotional videos detailing the new game’s ‘Become a Legend’ and online ‘Legends’ modes, which see the player controlling just one player within a team and attempting to forge a career in football. Starting as a promising 17-year-old, players must force their way into the first team and produce a series of blistering performances which will ultimately result to a move to one of Europe’s biggest sides. Or, on the flipside, poor performances can see a player struggling in the lower leagues and eventually being released…

Copyright FFF Officially licensed by FIGC and AIC © & TM 2008 Liverpool Football Club & Athletic Grounds Ltd Manchester United crest and imagery © MU Ltd All other copyrights or trademarks are the property of their respective owners and are used under license. ©2008 Konami Digital Entertainment

edit: errr beaten i guess

painey

spwolf said:

lol wtf?! :lol I think you are getting your games confused

Srider

Banned
kiun said:
any info regarding the JP WE version ?

It says at the top of the JP site that certain clubs will not be included in the Championship mode due to licensing issues.

I doubt there will be anything different nowadays aside from commentary language/text.

Srider

Banned
Does anyone know if they got rid of the photo import limit of 2008?

Can I look forward to an edit file giving me FULL kits/logo for all the teams in the 2009 game?

This will be the most amazing PES game ever if it's possible.

FF_VIII

Banned
After looking through most of the screens I'm really excited now. Looks like it's the PES of old, which is awesome.

alex1893

kobashi100 said:
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/913/913549p1.html

Play PES Wii the Old-Fashioned Way
Classic controller support and new gameplay enhancements coming.

UK, September 25, 2008 - Konami has lifted the lid on details of the Wii version of Pro Evolution Soccer, including support for the classic controller and a number of gameplay enhancements. Speaking at the PES European Finals in Rome, producer Akiyoshi 'Greyhound' Chosogabe revealed that the new game – which will be released in spring 2009 - will enable players to play the game using a conventional PES control scheme, either with a classic controller or by holding the Wii remote on its side and using the D-pad to control an individual player.

Greyhound explained that traditional controls were "deliberately left out last year to introduce the new concept", which he believes was successful in 2008's iteration of the game, but now he wanted players to experience the depth and variety offered by a classic controller. Konami then showed off the new controls during a brief demonstration, with a Man United-Barcelona clash playing out much like it would if it was running on PlayStation or Xbox.
noo, why so late? :(

PirateSean said:
Prem player stats/appearances for anyone interested:

Part 1

Part 2

edit* Don't know what order they're in actually :lol

Torres STILL isn't quick enough in my opinion. Accel on 90 is fine but even Berbatov has a higher top speed =/ At least Aaron Lennon has been made faster at long last.

Sorry if this has been mentioned already but:

17th October for the UK (PS3, 360)
Early November for PS2

(according to the release guide at work. But when we get it in this week, OH MY DIDDY am I going to bang the shit out of it!)

Miroslav

Gamecocks625 said:
Are you talking about the Spanish national team? It is licensed. If you are talking about the Spanish League, I think the licensed teams are:
Barcelona
Real Madrid
Villarreal
Athletic Club
Deportivo La Coruña
Espanyol
Mallorca

All I needed to know, thank you!

dk_

Blablurn said:
The german game magazin Maniac rated PES2009
86%
and FIFA09 next-Gen
81% ;D

They are known for their harsh rating. So 86% is a great rating.

Source: WEB Forum
Are they? Usually they're not.

Dizzan

MINI Member
Srider said:
Who would suggest something so absurd?

I read it about three years ago so Ive never bothered with them.

I've been playing since ISS64 and have always just dealt with it.

Looks like the best game ever just got even better for me :D

Aretak said:
Someone's done some comparison shots of player likenesses from PES 2009 and FIFA 09. I think it's safe to say PES comes out on top there.

104n79x.jpg

FIFA's Ryan Babel is good though.

The problem with PES is that often that front view looks great because they slap an actual photo on the model, the problem comes in the actual 3D views with the actual shape of the facial features. Both seem to suffer around the neck area as well, Gerrard in PES and Giggs in FIFA are the best (worst) examples.

Damn this looks nice. I nearly went to the dark side and wanted to buy Fifa09, because I played the shit out of the demo. But the gameplay of PES + better graphics = sold. \o/

ballack.jpg

:lol

Ballack looks like a frickin' cave man in the Fifa shot compared to the one from PES.

peter_czech.jpg

:O³

acm2000

the problem with both of them, is the incredibly restrictive controls, the first dev to give me back full 360 degree control ala actua soccer/wls, wins my money

Blablurn

Graf Nudu said:
Ballack looks like a frickin' cave man in the Fifa shot compared to the one from PES.

This is why I always prefered the graphics of PES. Many FIFA players look very cartoon-ish.

acm2000

Blablurn said:
This is why I always prefered the graphics of PES. Many FIFA players look very cartoon-ish.

this is nothing new, PES has had better facial textures for years, but the models are crap in comparison

anybody who thinks PES 2009 has better overall graphics than FIFA 09 needs there head testing. Yeah some of the faces are better, thats about it though. The overall graphics in FIFA are way better. Also I play with high camera view so faces not such a big deal for me. EA are improving though in that department. FIFA 09 faces look much better than FIFA 08.

Top Bottom