• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Scrafty Cup PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale 2v2 Tournament

Just played random 2 v 2 for an hour while waiting with Gunstar.

So, after two nights of trying, setting a scheduled time for 7:30 EST tonight, getting a confirmation and then a no-show and no messages... I leave the decision to Scrafty.

Round's been extended until tomorrow. You still have a chance.

KalBalboa

Banned
Round's been extended until tomorrow. You still have a chance.

Tomorrow is looking no good for Gunstar and I. He's got classes and I've got work, which is why we've tried these past two days. Want me to forward you our PMs about the scheduled fight we were supposed to have at 7:30?

KalBalboa

Banned
You are too forgiving. What exactly happens if one team waited 2 days don't show up tomorrow, but the other team happens to come?

What exactly happens then?

That's kind of where I'm coming from in all of this.

We had an agreement this morning with our scheduled team for 7:30 EST, we even have the PMs on GAF to prove it. I mean, Gunstar went as far as to set up a video capture so we could post a video of the match afterward to help gain some attention and momentum for the tournament.

That's kind of where I'm coming from in all of this.

We had an agreement this morning with our scheduled team for 7:30 EST, we even have the PMs on GAF to prove it. I mean, Gunstar went as far as to set up a video capture so we could post a video of the match afterward to help gain some attention and momentum for the tournament.

Well, here's a public message for them:

If you cannot provide a really dang good explanation for missing your appointed match, you will be disqualified. As long Kal provides me with proof of your arrangement, of course.

Also, there's always the consolation bracket, Madden Crew. You still have a shot at the championship, so don't let an extremely unfortunate disconnect keep you down!

Noi

Me, Heaper, Psy and Cyborg's battle may be... interesting. Heaper can't see Cyborg in the practice round, and I assume vice versa. Oi, this netcode.

KalBalboa

Banned
I pray it gets solid here soon. I know how hype this game can be.

I'd be down for a non-tournament fight sometime just to have a 2 v 2 recorded. We'd likely get schooled and could potentially give away our fighting strategy... but it'd be worth it to get the hype train going.

J-Tier

Hey Pouty Pouts, can you guys add me? My PSN ID is jtir123.

Are you guys okay with 10:30 central? Or would it be better if we stuck to 10?

J-Tier

Lost my partner right away in the second game. :(

Online in this game sucks.

You guys can call the match, I don't mind how it turns out. The matches were pretty crappy due to online issues, but I will also be a shark to anyone in the losers' bracket--that is a threat =)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Okay, due to complications in scheduling, every round will now last three days.

But seriously everyone; either contact your opponents with a date and time or forfeit. It's not fair if they're organized and prepared to do their match and you're not.

By the way Heath, tell Choo411 that if he wants to change partners, he can. Due to the lack of ANY communication from Hatorade, he will be disqualified from the tournament.

Update: Choo411 finally heard something from his partner and practiced for awhile. He suddenly got disconnected or signed off. He haven't heard from him ever since. So? Is it still allowed for him to get new partner?

Somnia

You guys can call the match, I don't mind how it turns out. The matches were pretty crappy due to online issues, but I will also be a shark to anyone in the losers' bracket--that is a threat =)

I haven't talk to Bob, but I'll leave it up to him if we play again or just hand it to you guys.

Mik_Pad

Banned
Kouchi sent a PM to SpinDasher (inFamous Rising) so we can setup our match but haven't get a response.

SpinDasher if you read this contact either Kouichi or me so we can set up our match.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Update: Choo found a new partner, and we just had first match. I'm curious about stage rule. I thought stage supposed to be random, because choo just chose the stage instead of random.

Noi

Update: Choo found a new partner, and we just had first match. I'm curious about stage rule. I thought stage supposed to be random, because choo just chose the stage instead of random.

There's no hard rule for stages. Random is encouraged, but Scrafty only asks that you don't pick a stage to purposefully gimp the opposing team.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
There's no hard rule for stages. Random is encouraged, but Scrafty only asks that you don't pick a stage to purposefully gimp the opposing team.

Yeah, I asked for redo on first stage because I preferred random stages insure to make it fair for all of us.

Edited: We lost

Mrbob

It's alright. You guys won the first match. Maybe we could have come back, but probably not. I was more or less venting because it seems like every time I play this game online in a 4 player match someone gets disconnected.

baekshi

Banned
Looks like our match won't be happening today either.

And no response.

What do we do? I don't want to wait any longer. I'm done.

Looks like our match won't be happening today either.

And no response.

What do we do? I don't want to wait any longer. I'm done.

Who are your opponents, and can you provide proof (preferrably screenshots) that you tried to contact them as much as you claim?

Just a reminder to everyone that today is THE LAST DAY TO COMPLETE YOUR ROUND 1 MATCHES AND PM THE RESULTS TO YOUR SECTOR'S JUDGE (check the OP). Failure to complete and report a match (just posting about it isn't enough, sorry!) will result in the winner of the match being chosen by the judges at random.

Top Bottom