• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The solution to my bad NAT on Switch may be bridging a router. How do I do it?

Roldan

So, I just can't get a good NAT when trying to play online on my Switch. This has happened before with other consoles, but got fixed whenever I switched from wireless connection to cable. On Switch, however, the issue persists in whatever way I connect (I got the official LAN adapter and all).

I tried port forwarding, but Nintendo recommends opening every port, which is a bit weird - and didn't work anyway. UPnP is activated, but I didn't get any positive results as well.

The thing is that the router my ISP provides (a Technicolor 589vn) isn't that great. However, I believe I can fix this issue by connecting a second router and putting it on bridge mode. But how do I do that? I've followed a number of tutorials, but it just isn't happening. I know jack shit about the matter, so that doesn't help. I guess I need someone to grab my hand and show step by step.

The second router I have laying around here (which is the one I intend on using as bridge) is a TP LINK TD-W8968, BTW.

Can anyone help me? I can't wait to stay fresh on Splatoon 2 :(

M3d10n

Research if your ISP uses a custom firmware on the modem instead of a stock one. ISPs often do this and sometimes disable features like bridge mode.

Top Bottom