• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Pickman

I missed the episode, but what happened to the vamp swat team? My dad said they died, but how? They seemed like a pivitol group?

Palmer had a UV light show trap set up and the floor opened into a pit with huge spotlights in it to cook them alive. Was warned they might come for him.

Pickman

This was a pretty good episode. Things got moving with the plot again, we've got Palmer and Setrakian using different channels to try to find the Occido Lumen, and Futch is showing the cops how the big kids hunt vamps.

Add to that the appearance of Quinlan and I'm officially stoked. Bring it.

I may be in the minority here, but I honestly enjoy this show immensely. I read the books, and loved them, and now I love the show. Sure. There are flaws, but I e joy the acting/setting a lot and the show overall is one I look forward to each week, especially knowing where the plot is going after reading the books.

Dsyndrome

Glad to see Quinlan showing up. Surprised at Fet not being in any kind of holding cell after blowing up a subway line, vamps or no (with how this city's going). And finally, Corey Stoll can go au natural. Will at least keep people from saying his hair looks terrible from week to week.

demolitio

Corey Stoll s̶h̶a̶v̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶ removing his wig has been the best part of the show. Tonight's episode was great.

Fixed that for you. I agree.

This was an awesome episode. Love a good summer show and this is perfect.

Vasiliy is the best character.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Solid episode. Characters generally acted competently and there was very little Zach.

I continue to not understand what the hell this assistant is doing with Palmer. Why is she so attracted to him? And after the raid on his office, did she not ask any questions about the crazy death trap in his room? If she isn't some kind of spy, she's almost offensively sketched out as a character.

SURGEdude

This show is the anecdote to my Konami hate for cancelling Del Toro's Silent Hills. He got Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth right but holy shit is this show a fail. I guess maybe Chuck Hogan is the hack and not him.

Though I do like Kevin Durant's character and sometimes the old man.

Solid episode. Characters generally acted competently and there was very little Zach.

I continue to not understand what the hell this assistant is doing with Palmer. Why is she so attracted to him? And after the raid on his office, did she not ask any questions about the crazy death trap in his room? If she isn't some kind of spy, she's almost offensively sketched out as a character.

Palmers squeeze is extremely attractive so I'm okay with it.

IronRinn

Yeah, I don't understand why she would be looking to seduce him after the conversation she had with him last week regarding his business associates.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Palmer scenes suck. Boring. I don't care. Wish his character would hurry and go where ever the fuck it's suppose to be going.

I may be in the minority here, but I honestly enjoy this show immensely. I read the books, and loved them, and now I love the show. Sure. There are flaws, but I e joy the acting/setting a lot and the show overall is one I look forward to each week, especially knowing where the plot is going after reading the books.
Agreed. Despite the trash talking, I think most people here really like the show. It's fun to watch, and I look forward to it every week too. It was also renewed for third season, and that's saying something. It's a nice filler between the walking dead and game of thrones .

Agreed. Despite the trash talking, I think most people here really like the show. It's fun to watch, and I look forward to it every week too. It was also renewed for third season, and that's saying something. It's a nice filler between the walking dead and game of thrones .

I agree. Have you read the books?

inky

Decent episode. Still a few things that don't make a whole lot of sense, but it's moving along.

This show is OK when you have low expectations like me :p but speaking frankly this season has been perfectly fine.

Kid vamps were freaky and fast as fuck. I love it, would have been disappointing if they had been the same shuffling sort we're used to seeing.

The hair piece is finally gone. It'll be missed!

Loved the hunting scene in the apartment.

Damn, Eph took out the trash.

So Coco with Palmer. She's clearly up to something. Playing Palmer to get access to that old book? Seems almost too obvious, which is why I'm not buying it...at least just yet.

Whoa, a new badass is in town. I wonder who he is. That bone sword looked pretty damns sweet though.

zugzug

who is the actor that plays the new vampire that showed up that everyone was excited about? I'm sorta suprised they killed Stephan Mchattie actor vampire so easily.

LOL

pbhh7q5.png

ofMcUdg.png

Oh God, seeing it up close...it's just so bad.

Decent episode. Still a few things that don't make a whole lot of sense, but it's moving along.

This show is OK when you have low expectations like me :p but speaking frankly this season has been perfectly fine.
Yeah, that's kinda how I've been feeling as well. It's like B-movie with oddly respectable production values.

I find it interesting how much is being added to the show that wasn't in the books.

Palmer's new assistant lady (not in books)
Fitzwilliams having anything to do after leaving Palmer (not in books
Dutch having a name or doing anything more than hacking the internet (not in books)
Frenalda or whatever the senator woman's name is (not in books)
Vaun and his team (not technically in books seeing as he wasn't quinlan)
Eph going to Washington with a "cure" (not in books)

They are clearly stretching the second book into seasons 2 and 3 by adding a bunch of new material. I'm okay with this however.

RS4-

Best scene was Corey Stoll being Corey Stoll, and Quinlan.

Would've been better if Angel, Waitress, and Gus showed up.

raindoc

They are clearly stretching the second book into seasons 2 and 3 by adding a bunch of new material. I'm okay with this however.

I'm not sure. IMO the books made a couple of time jumps/skipped developments that I'd rather see in the series than additional plots during the events the books covered.

Burt

I do love how much this season has improved over the first. Whoever put the clamp on and tightened things up deserves a promotion.

harSon

Banned
Kid vamps were freaky and fast as fuck. I love it, would have been disappointing if they had been the same shuffling sort we're used to seeing.

The hair piece is finally gone. It'll be missed!

Loved the hunting scene in the apartment.

Damn, Eph took out the trash.

So Coco with Palmer. She's clearly up to something. Playing Palmer to get access to that old book? Seems almost too obvious, which is why I'm not buying it...at least just yet.

Whoa, a new badass is in town. I wonder who he is. That bone sword looked pretty damns sweet though.

Those noise they make are unsettling as fuck

So what's everyone's ranking for bad-asses in the show?

1. Fet
2. Gus
3. Quinlan (he hasn't done much and he deserves number 3 already)
4. Vaun
5. Setrakian
6. Eph
7. Fitzwilliams
8. The master
9. Eichorst
10. Palmer
11. Dutch
12. Nora
13. Noras mother aka "LITTLE BOY WHERE'S MY CIGGARETES!!!"
14. Zach. Yes he is below misses martinez

So what's everyone's ranking for bad-asses in the show?

1. Fet
2. Gus
3. Quinlan (he hasn't done much and he deserves number 3 already)
4. Vaun
5. Setrakian
6. Eph
7. Fitzwilliams
8. The master
9. Eichorst
10. Palmer
11. Dutch
12. Nora
13. Noras mother
14. Zach. Yes he is below misses martinez

lol at 13 and 14. I disagree but I can't argue.

Favorite character is The Master, of course. Followed by Eichorst and Quinlan. From the good guys, Fet and Setrakian tie for first, followed by Gus.

I'm slowly starting to warm to Dutch. Despite being a weird addition to the team, her writing's been pretty decent this season.

lol at 13 and 14. I disagree but I can't argue.

Favorite character is The Master, of course. Followed by Eichorst and Quinlan. From the good guys, Fet and Setrakian tie for first, followed by Gus.

I'm slowly starting to warm to Dutch. Despite being a weird addition to the team, her writing's been pretty decent this season.

I should move eichorst up further. And add bolivar up there. I agree dutch is much better this season. Having read the books I have some bias here and there. The silver angel should be up there for me too actually. Lol one weird thing I don't get with the show is why they killed noras mother already, in the books she is around in the third book.

I should move eichorst up further. And add bolivar up there. I agree dutch is much better this season. Having read the books I have some bias here and there. The silver angel should be up there for me too actually. Lol one weird thing I don't get with the show is why they killed noras mother already, in the books she is around in the third book.

Seemingly killing Barnes was an interesting departure, too. BOOK SPOILERS:
Makes you wonder who they'll use as the overseer of the concentration camps from the third book. I'm willing to bet they use Palmer. I doubt they want to let the character go as easily as they did in the books.

Seemingly killing Barnes was an interesting departure, too. BOOK SPOILERS:
Makes you wonder who they'll use as the overseer of the concentration camps from the third book. I'm willing to bet they use Palmer. I doubt they want to let the character go as easily as they did in the books.

Spoilers
I doubt Barnes is dead. I bet he will come back, possibly even as a vamp? Having read the books it's interesting watching the show play out differently

I just can't imagine the ending of the books making its way to television. It's so balls to the wall insane (in a good way) I don't know how they'd adapt it.

I just can't imagine the ending of the books making its way to television. It's so balls to the wall insane (in a good way) I don't know how they'd adapt it.

I really hope it makes it there. It sounds like season 2 and 3 are all about book 2. So the end of season 3 and start of season 4 things will start getting crazy.

Heavy Book spoilers/fate of characters:
blacking out the sky, most of the population dying, human concentration camps set up to provide feeding for the zombies. So much intense stuff that would make for GREAT tv. And not to mention I don't think anyone expects INTENSE BOOK SPOILERS AHEAD DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO setrakian, gus, Eph. Or zach to die throughout this series. So many deaths that hit me hard in the books. I can't wait to watch it all play out.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I love this show, I enjoy it more every week. It makes me want to read the books and I never read.

JDSN

Banned
Was there a missing plot point of Eph trying to botch the op on purpose? Cos pretty much messed up in every step on the way on that train, he is a lying piece of shit alcoholic, his whole character would have given him traits to do that smoothly. Fitzwilliams with his Prototype 2 cosplay shm.

Top Bottom