• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Was there a missing plot point of Eph trying to botch the op on purpose? Cos pretty much messed up in every step on the way on that train, he is a lying piece of shit alcoholic, his whole character would have given him traits to do that smoothly. Fitzwilliams with his Prototype 2 cosplay shm.

I enjoyed the whole plot with eph this episode. I didn't see a problem with it.

Was there a missing plot point of Eph trying to botch the op on purpose? Cos pretty much messed up in every step on the way on that train, he is a lying piece of shit alcoholic, his whole character would have given him traits to do that smoothly. Fitzwilliams with his Prototype 2 cosplay shm.

Eph is a piece of shit alcoholic. You answered your own question.

Oh I liked it, he is a hot mess.

Haha yeah, dude was even struggling to say his fake name.

Yeah, Eph was cool and calm and collected AND smooth, and then he started drinking beer and people were getting their heads smashed before being chucked off a train. Sounds right to me.

really like the show on not taking these vampires seriously. Spider Vampire kids. New Vampire Slayer

Eph is new Agent 47/ Yellowjacket

Also, showed how rich people carry on daily life even when there's a fire right across

Alpende

I read a bit about Quinlan on the Wiki and he seems like an interesting guy. Really excited to see what he brings to the table.

Overall, good to see Peter Russo again.

I read a bit about Quinlan on the Wiki and he seems like an interesting guy. Really excited to see what he brings to the table.

Overall, good to see Peter Russo again.

Quinlan is one of the most interesting characters in the books. However, I really hope Vaun isn't killed off on the show because I want to see both hi Mc and Quinlan I interact.

DrBo42

How do we go from Coco watching Vamp SWAT burn under UV lights in a floor trap - > dancing across from a skyscraper fire with no questions asked? These beat to beat complete "Fuck it." moments for character logic make me insane. It's also an effect of us having no idea just how much the average citizen knows about what's happening. Show is so poorly planned.

JDSN

Banned
How do we go from Coco watching Vamp SWAT burn under UV lights in a floor trap - > dancing across from a skyscraper fire with no questions asked? These beat to beat complete "Fuck it." moments for character logic make me insane. It's also an effect of us having no idea just how much the average citizen knows about what's happening. Show is so poorly planned.

Seriously, I wish there was something that shows that she is aware of who he is but nada, I really like how a similar relationship was handled in DareDevil but this you can tell she is fundamentally a decent girl attracted to what she considers a decent man, while at the same time she is smart enough to know that there is some bad shit going on with Eichhortz, the cardinal, etc.

someday

Banned
The whole Coco/Palmer relationship thing grosses me out. I hate that shit and get so tired of attractive young women being paired with wrinkly old men just because they're rich. Palmer isn't even an attractive old guy! Eichorst is way sexier (with his makeup) and Setrakian at least has some swag. It also doesn't help when she has to be realizing how awful a human Palmer is.

Deku Tree

So who is the mysterious vampire vampire hunter who shows up at the end of the latest episode? This show has too many mysteriously cool bad ass characters that are left in the foreshadowing department for too long.

So who is the mysterious vampire vampire hunter who shows up at the end of the latest episode? This show has too many mysteriously cool bad ass characters that are left in the foreshadowing department for too long.

You can be spoiled, or you can find out as the show introduces them. Choose wisely.

abuC

He looked pretty cool, but seeing how easily that vampire hit squad got killed I won't hold my breath on him lasting too long.

DrBo42

Seriously, I wish there was something that shows that she is aware of who he is but nada, I really like how a similar relationship was handled in DareDevil but this you can tell she is fundamentally a decent girl attracted to what she considers a decent man, while at the same time she is smart enough to know that there is some bad shit going on with Eichhortz, the cardinal, etc.

Yeah even if you go with "everyone knows about vampires now" you're still left with:

1. Why are these vampires carrying guns with a human in tow?
2. Why do you have this trap for vampires in your penthouse?
3. How did you know these lights hurt them?

The complete lack of a single line of dialogue questioning what she witnessed is absurd. I know the show is campy but fuck...

raindoc

I don't believe the uv trap killed them. If that was supposed to be a full out death scene I feel like more would have been explained.
explain what?

It's
Quinlan. We've been talking about him before. In S1 everyone thought Vaun was him.

More spoilers:
He is a "Born", a vampire/human hybrid. His mother was infected by the Master while she was pregnant and gave birth to Quintus. He's carrying the Virus, but not the worms = he's a vampire, but can tolerate sunlight and is not under the Masters control. And he really, really hates his daddy.

Eph: "It'll grow back."

Entire audience: "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

That prospect is more terrifying than anything else on the show.

demolitio

Are we sure she isn't a spy keeping tabs on Palmer? I'd like to think her being so complacent with everything is for a reason to be discovered in a later episode as she finally reveals her true intentions.

Hard to believe a person could be with someone not only that much older (since that happens in the real world sadly) but that she doesn't question ANYTHING that happens.

I'd like to think it's intentional rather than really bad writing, but then again, there's plenty of bad writing already so you never know.

I still love this show since it's perfect for the summer.

DrBo42

Are we sure she isn't a spy keeping tabs on Palmer? I'd like to think her being so complacent with everything is for a reason to be discovered in a later episode as she finally reveals her true intentions.

Hard to believe a person could be with someone not only that much older (since that happens in the real world sadly) but that she doesn't question ANYTHING that happens.

I'd like to think it's intentional rather than really bad writing, but then again, there's plenty of bad writing already so you never know.

I still love this show since it's perfect for the summer.

It's obvious from her sudden interest of that conversation with that religious figure acquiring an artifact that she's there for something. No one should buy that "the other guy couldn't make it" introduction of her character. So my conclusion is that it's both intentional AND bad writing. The character they have sketched out already knows what's up but they've either forgotten or don't care enough to show a scene of her playing dumb.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 6 "Identity"

Eph concocts a plan to make and distribute a bioweapon. Gus realizes Angel can be an unlikely ally, and Kelly comes after Nora and Zack.

raindoc

New episode today:

Angel! Angel! Angel! Angel!

dancing-fat-wwe-fan-gifs-of-wrestling-fans-being-wrestling-fans.gif

I'm confused. Did I miss something? Just started the episode and during the RECAP, Setrakian is talking Fitzwilliams saying that he'll change his allegiances again. When did THAT conversation happen? I don't recall missing any episodes...

Truth.

All of this is gonna go to shit.
Yeah, it really does feel like all this cure stuff will be for naught. I think he's getting played. I think the only way this doesn't go bad is if the show is cancelled. And if it is cancelled, hopefully Netflix picks it up.

Edit: Holy shit, mama's back.

Top Bottom