• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Why'd they even bring him back if they were gonna
lob his head off 2 episodes later?

The show is demonstrating slowly just how desperate the situation is and that the good guys are going to have a hard time winning. He could have gotten out of the mess. He could have walked away. He chose to place himself in danger to make amends for the horrors he's helped perpetuate. And he paid the ultimate sacrifice.

Or, they just wanted to show someone getting decapitated.

Dsyndrome

Screw Zach, I hate him so much. Also, poor Eph fuckbuddy and drinking buddy. Got killed by the HRG reject from Heroes.

How come he couldnt let dude get his last words out, i mean to cut dude head off mid sentence...

Fitzwilliam wanted to die and was asking for it to be quick and painless. Setrakian already knew what he was going to say and wanted so he just did it while the man was still talking. Much like how a Doctor tries to jab you with a needle when you're distracted if you hate needles.

IronRinn

To be honest... it looks like he takes over the other completely, no?
So he would lose Eichorst if he did that to him. And his number one child is pretty useful still...

Yeah, almost right after typing that I realized that he's pretty much just wearing a Bolivar-skin suit. So you are right, Eichorst kinda wins out, really.

Good episode.

I knew the scene with Angel and Gus was coming, but I still chuckled seeing them all walk down the street.

Loving this new vampire hunter. Can't wait to see him action.

The vamp kids. They were scary as fuck last week, but they aren't doing the right thing by having clear, zoomed in long shots of them. Use them sparingly, keep the mystery and fear factor up, but I feel it might already have been shattered after this episode.

And LOL at how they suddenly become crappy shots when trying to kill Eph's wife. LOL.

LOL.

Of course the black guy cops it, literally minutes after returning to help them group. Of course. I won't be cynical about his death though, I'm guessing he's in another show or something and they had to write him out?

So the punk rocker is the new master? Eichorst gotscrewed. Goddamn. I suspect that won't go unanswered, even if he is bending the knee right now...

It's ok guys, at least Restaurant Girl and Team Mexico are still alive.

This was my first thought after they survived the apartment attack. So happy they are all okay and I hope they continue to be. I just need Angel to get that knee fixed, hopefully by the ancients or the new vampire hunter.

harSon

Banned
Good episode.

I knew the scene with Angel and Gus was coming, but I still chuckled seeing them all walk down the street.

Loving this new vampire hunter. Can't wait to see him action.

The vamp kids. They were scary as fuck last week, but they aren't doing the right thing by having clear, zoomed in long shots of them. Use them sparingly, keep the mystery and fear factor up, but I feel it might already have been shattered after this episode.

And LOL at how they suddenly become crappy shots when trying to kill Eph's wife. LOL.

LOL.

Of course the black guy cops it, literally minutes after returning to help them group. Of course. I won't be cynical about his death though, I'm guessing he's in another show or something and they had to write him out?

So the punk rocker is the new master? Eichorst gotscrewed. Goddamn. I suspect that won't go unanswered, even if he is bending the knee right now...

I don't think that's how it works. I think he just transfers his consciousness/essence into the new host - completely over taking them.

I don't think that's how it works. I think he just transfers his consciousness/essence into the new host - completely over taking them.

yeah, the Master is just merely wearing a Bolivar skin now. Also picking Bolivar over Eichorst is actually a compliment. Bolivar himself is barely useful. Eichorst is an important part of the Master's plan. If he would have transferred to Eichorst, no more Eichorst

Ah, okay. That makes more sense.

yeah, the Master is just merely wearing a Bolivar skin now. Also picking Bolivar over Eichorst is actually a compliment. Bolivar himself is barely useful. Eichorst is an important part of the Master's plan. If he would have transferred to Eichorst, no more Eichorst

And this is actually a very good point. You see the bitter disappointment on Eichorst's face, but losing him would have been a blow to the show. I love how he interacts with everyone.

JDSN

Banned
The moment they introduced that black female familiar I knew Fitzwilliams was dead, the rule must be respected. I died at the assassin with their employer's logo on their cellphone.

Is it just me or did it look like Eph signed his actual name on the contract? If so, I'm sure that will have some sort of significance in the future.

The moment they introduced that black female familiar I knew Fitzwilliams was dead, the rule must be respected. I died at the assassin with their employer's logo on their cellphone.

If found please return to Stoneheart Group, New York, NY, etc etc.

c/o Eldritch Palmer, CEO

I, Eldritch Palmer, hired the former owner of this phone to murder Ephraim Goodweather in cold blood

Top Bottom