• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So what's with Eph shaving his head? Did he do this in the books or are they just tired of paying his wig lady?

I believe it happened in the books as well, but at a much later point in the story. It happened sooner on the show because it was proving to be too distracting to the audience.

Dennis

Banned
Wow, what a fantastic upgrade the new Master form is. The old one was so loltastic.

I am enjoying this show for reals you guys.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Step 1: Ditch the wig.
Step 2: Ditch the dopey master.
Step 3: Ditch Zach?
Step 4: Profit!

phaonaut

Wow, what a fantastic upgrade the new Master form is. The old one was so loltastic.

I am enjoying this show for reals you guys.

Yeh master looks really dangerous in his new body, not like the other ancients. If transferring bodies moves conscience also why not switch often? There must be some downside like a loss of power.

Also like when the new guy with the bone sword talked about old cities of the past, great way to let you know how old he is.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 7 "The Born"

Setrakian and Fet use Fitzwilliam's info to attack the Master, but a mysterious new player arrives. Dutch receives a surprise guest. Eph returns to NYC frustrated but energized to go after the one person responsible for killing his friends.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Regarding last week's episode, what was the point of bringing back Reggie Fitzwilliam in the first place? He ultimately served no point this season.

I don't get it.

Why didn't Quinlan just jump / climb over that pile of rubble and continue to attack the master?

It didnt look like it totally blocked off his access.

megamerican

Pretty poor episode. The hacker's ex girlfriend is fairly obviously pregnant. Setrakian just had a feeling the master was in that building? How did Fet know exactly where to place that bomb, only to slightly fuck it up for plot convenience?

I know people didn't love the master's original look, but now he basically looks like any random vampire. If the dialogue was removed I would be hard pressed to tell which is which when the gladiator vampire confronts him.

wildfire

Banned
Regarding last week's episode, what was the point of bringing back Reggie Fitzwilliam in the first place? He ultimately served no point this season.

Pretty poor episode. The hacker's ex girlfriend is fairly obviously pregnant. Setrakian just had a feeling the master was in that building? How did Fet know exactly where to place that bomb, only to slightly fuck it up for plot convenience?

I know people didn't love the master's original look, but now he basically looks like any random vampire. If the dialogue was removed I would be hard pressed to tell which is which when the gladiator vampire confronts him.

Fitz Williams told them where to find the master even though he didn't know that was the information he got from over hearing Palmer.

What makes you think she's pregnant?

How did "we have to bring this place down around him" turn to a game of jenga falling over only in the place that would fuck that encounter up? That was weak but I enjoyed the episode.

How did "we have to bring this place down around him" turn to a game of jenga falling over only in the place that would fuck that encounter up? That was weak but I enjoyed the episode.

The budget to dynamite ratio remains intact. Plot padding increased by 200%. Evil Zack still reigns supreme

That pointless explosion. Lol evacuate the building its going to make a perfectly place rubble
Edit: they should have it into a long hallway

DrBo42

The budget to dynamite ratio remains intact. Plot padding increased by 200%. Evil Zack still reigns supreme

That pointless explosion. Lol evacuate the building its going to make a perfectly place rubble
Edit: they should have it into a long hallway

That was some poor ass execution, etc etc with the whole explosion and Quinlan-Master exchange.

It was truly amazing. Some classic S1 levels of jank/hilarity there.

So the cool new vamp hunter is a gladiator and a half breed. Nice.

And holy shit, he wrecked those kids. Goddamn. And wow at the torso trying to get away...

Although I have to question why he didn't chase the master after their fight and kill him? I mean, I know the reason, but they could have framed it so much better than they did.

And to echo others. The new master look is terrible. Lacks any kind of screen presence and doesn't look at at all distinctive or threatening. Just looks like some standard vamp that they'd have no problem skull crushing.

Basically - It lacks...intimidation.

Of course Nikki is still alive. Of course. This won't become at all boring or annoying.

Coco. Just hurry up and reveal what she's really up to. Too much to hope that she's working with Quinlan?

Top Bottom