• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

kiryogi

Banned
Rpgmonkey said:
I laughed when Yuri said "Ow Karol...". :lol

One of my personal faves that I've experienced myself is @ 4:26, when Estelle fails to get Repede to high five her. (Through out the entire game thus far, Repede doesn't really like her! But no problems with Judy or Rita :lol)

Rpgmonkey

kiryogi said:
One of my personal faves that I've experienced myself is @ 4:26, when Estelle fails to get Repede to high five her. (Through out the entire game thus far, Repede doesn't really like her! But no problems with Judy or Rita :lol)

I noticed that in one of the skits. Seems Rita doesn't really like Repede though. :lol

Darkman M

If IU really ships on the 29th im not sure if i want to play through tov first or Iu, or even both at the same time :lol both are day 1 though.

Darkman M said:
If IU really ships on the 29th im not sure if i want to play through tov first or Iu, or even both at the same time :lol both are day 1 though.

Yeah, really. I'm facing the same problem. I am definitely getting both, but I think I'm a little bit more hyped for IU...but ToV comes out first...just by a few days. Decisions, decisions.

kiryogi

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Damn. Thought I was being quite thorough but it seems I missed a lot of side events already :(

Haha, yeah, just like abyss. Not sure how many missables there are yet though.. Though, I mainly just want the outfits! Noticed my gamerscore on it is the highest out of NeoGaf so far too. Missing a few secret missions? Didn't take on the Gigant monster? Clock time currently is 43 hours or so. But it is on Hard, where I'm using up my supplies constantly and I always spend up all my gald replenshing it.

Rpgmonkey

140.85 said:
This ever coming to PS3?

Maybe, maybe not.

Pretty much all we know. A lot of gaf seems to think it's likely though (I'm kinda one of them :p), if it means anything.

And Gamestop apparently advertised this wrong on their site. They said some stuff about ToS2 instead of this...

And there's such a small amount of marketing for something releasing next week. You'd think they'd try harder this time...

Firestorm

Yeah, marketing is still horrible for this game. Ugh.

EB Canada still has the pre-order for CE in the system and they've received no emails about it being online only so it seems to be a store release. Considering the Collector's Edition STILL isn't on Amazon.ca or anything, that's a good thing. I have a few days off work the week this releases. Hopefully it gets to stores on the 27th or at the latest 28th...

Firestorm said:
Yeah, marketing is still horrible for this game. Ugh.
I was just going to say this. What's up with this? I mean, it's a week away, and I have seen one one-page advertisement in EGM....that directs you to a non-existent talesrpg.com website. What the hell? Not to get off-topic, but IU doesn't have that much either -- I have seen a few more one-page ads, but, again, two weeks away and not much seen.

I don't get it.

Jonnyram

kiryogi said:
Haha, yeah, just like abyss. Not sure how many missables there are yet though..
There's a few :(

Though, I mainly just want the outfits! Noticed my gamerscore on it is the highest out of NeoGaf so far too.
Did you unlock the full map yet? :)

Missing a few secret missions? Didn't take on the Gigant monster? Clock time currently is 43 hours or so.
Actually, I killed two of the Gigant monsters before getting the side quest for Karol, so I won't be able to get that title this run through :/ All things said and done, I went back and scouted around last night and I think I've only missed about 3 or 4 time limited side events now. I just got
Baul

Bebpo

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Actually, I killed two of the Gigant monsters before getting the side quest for Karol, so I won't be able to get that title this run through :/ All things said and done, I went back and scouted around last night and I think I've only missed about 3 or 4 time limited side events now. I just got
Baul

Hmm, I guess I missed one.
I'm a few hours after Baul and I just found my 2nd Gigant monster who wiped out my party after a 10 min battle. He was level 62 with 400k HP and I'm like lvl.42 >_< The only other monster I found was in the caves on the way to the desert.

I haven't really had much time to play in the last week because I started up school again. I think I'll be good for finishing it before IU, but dunno. Only around 32 hours myself right now, but since I tend to go good speed through these games I figure I'm like 60-65% through.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I really wanna like this but it feels like the same game I played on PS2/GC. Infinite Undiscovery has always hooked me more and feel more next gen. At least inthe visual department. I may have to try this if it drops to 40 though.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Just noticed that Amazon says the CE comes with a "52 - 72 page manual with art"

This definitely makes the CE seem worth even now, just the soundtrack seemed a bit lacking.

Blackjack

clashfan said:
Why is there no marketing for this game? Does Namco want this to bomb?
Namco's MO with the Tales series in North America has always been "no advertising, huge print runs, befuddlement when it doesn't become a Final Fantasy killer, and finally, the decision that this means North American gamers don't want Tales games"

Akai

Blackjack said:
Namco's MO with the Tales series in North America has always been "no advertising, huge print runs, befuddlement when it doesn't become a Final Fantasy killer, and finally, the decision that this means North American gamers don't want Tales games"

It still amazes me how Namco can okay two console Tales games but refuse to even think about localizing the DS ones...

Huge userbase + cheaper to localize = PROFIT...Or at least more than the console versions... >=|

Firestorm

Review scores from Hardcore Gamer Magazine and Official Xbox Magazine are 4/5 and 85/100 respectively.
Blackjack said:
Don't forget releasing their title on the same system in the same month of the biggest RPG release of the generation. All this after the previous title did close to a million on the other system still starved for RPGs.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Ermac said:
Just noticed that Amazon says the CE comes with a "52 - 72 page manual with art"

This definitely makes the CE seem worth even now, just the soundtrack seemed a bit lacking.

Wow, Collectors edition for me.

kiryogi

Banned
Hcoregamer00 said:
Wow, Collectors edition for me.
It's probably a rather flimsy art section though. Regardless, cancelled my preorder @ gamestop and moved it to Amazon. For the collection!

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
kiryogi said:
It's probably a rather flimsy art section though. Regardless, cancelled my preorder @ gamestop and moved it to Amazon. For the collection!

Yeah, but it also has the CD and the pretty metal box

Yes, I know, I am such a whore. I just love the tales series.

Firestorm

I don't trust 'em on the artbook thing. But I'm a whore for this crap as well and my pre-order stands. You guys getting it from Amazon.com can also try the trial of their Prime service which brings you the games Day 1. Just remember to cancel before the trial expires.

kiryogi

Banned
Jonnyram said:

Baul

Close? I'm finally sailing around now!

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
Shit. I just watched the IU videos posted in the news thread (which gave me a hard-on), and now am considering getting it first instead of ToV. Arghhh still can't decide. I'll be getting both eventually, but I don't know which to start with. But I really want the LE of Tales.
Yes I'm a whore for them.

I think I'll just buy both and play IU first. I replayed Symphonia this year, so I think it'd be best to break from Tales for a bit.

kiryogi

Banned
FUCKING HELL. I must have gameovered at least 10 times now against Tison and Nan. Trying to do the secret mission + deal with them. Mind you on hard, they fucking both chase you. Really don't know how many times I've been hi-ougi-ed now. Game seriously needs a skip cutscene option.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, after what seemed like an hour or two of blood pressure raising failures. I made it! Now I can fly. and my first task? Get some waitress outfits! Actually, you can get them for Raven and Karole too. But uh, Raven's attempt was pretty ugly. You actually have to write down all the orders, no way in hell can you memorize it! Here's a victory pose with Raven and the ladies! After my triumphant defeat of the Gigant monster in the Temza mountains.

maid.png

It's neat that the glasses and mitama still show up, but the hairpins I got for Judy don't XD

kiryogi

Banned
Case said:
is Estelle a must have in your party for healing?

Basically. But Karole and Raven have some healing spells too. Essentially tho this time, you'd end up with a harem for the must haves. Estelle for healing, Rita for magic, and Judy for offensive. And really, Karole/Ravens healing isn't as effective as Estelle's is.

Firestorm

In Tales games I usually seem to go with controlling the lead, having the female lead in my party, and usually the first party member as my third and someone with awesome design as my last. I think I'm gonna go with Yuri/Estelle/Rita/Raven. Hopefully Raven's not too late game.

kiryogi

Banned
Oh man, I never noticed this until now. Judy's actually says "&#27700;&#12391;&#12418;&#34987;&#12387;&#12390;&#21453;&#30465;&#12375;&#12394;&#12373;&#12356;&#65281;" sometimes in battle. Hehe, does anyone know why that's such a big deal? :D

hint: refers to Aya Hisakawa specfically.

kiryogi

Banned
Well, after more waiting hell. Got Karole and Raven's outfits! Did a better crop so you guys can have a better zoomed in shot. Also got bunny ears for Estelle.

malewait.png

cropped previous image:

cropwaitress.png

Neko waitress Rita!

FSLink

Banned
Papercuts said:
The Kotaku comments are a bit ridiculous. XD
It's for the lazy asses who don't want to level up, and they're getting all OMFG NAMCO WTF RAWR. And it shouldn't be hard to level up in Vesperia anyway, and anyway I find grinding a bit in Tales games to be more fun due to the battle system, so it's never a chore if I ever have to...>_>

Jonnyram

Just killed the Gigant in Temza five times before I got the item drop, and on the 5th attempt I also got my 100 hit combo. Yay. Am I right in thinking the blast when you start your overlimit includes multiple hits because I somehow hit 100 while setting off my second overlimit while the first one was still in motion.

Does anyone have final impressions of the game, after it's beat?

Can anyone compare it, in quality to the other X360 JRPGs out there? I've played just about every one of 'em - LO, ES, BD, EM, KUF, PSU, and so on....How does this compare to the others?

And most importantly: How does it compare to Eternal Sonata?

RPGCrazied

Any reviews out? it comes out less then a week..

Its the longest tales story right? I should get 80hours out of this puppy if it is.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
RPGCrazied said:
Any reviews out? it comes out less then a week..

Its the longest tales story right? I should get 80hours out of this puppy if it is.

IGN is reviewing it today sometime.

Top Bottom