• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
At least in US Gamestops, if it's not street dated, you can sell it.

Don't know why it would be any different in Canada.

kiryogi

Banned
kpop100 said:
Can anyone answer this yet. Skipped on the JPN version, but my console is Japanese.

Why?! JP is superior in the VA, not to mention there's some characters you'll totally lose in translation (Yeager for example)

Ricker

I ordered the CE from EBGames up here and they said maybe this afternoon,but that rarely happens,so it will probably be tomorrow... how would i know if the game is region free or not?...most games are in French now also up here but somehow i doubt this one will be.(Quebec,Canada)

Brofist

kiryogi said:
Why?! JP is superior in the VA, not to mention there's some characters you'll totally lose in translation (Yeager for example)

I don't care much about VA, and even though I understand Japanese games without a problem and can literally go buy a copy right now at a gaming shop 5 minutes from my house, I just want the comfort of playing in English.

Jonnyram

kiryogi said:
I doubt his character will be lost, they'll probably scatter some French about like "Moi will be going now. Au revoir." Not impossible to localise by any means. But I know what you're saying -- material like this usually isn't that easy to translate perfectly.

Brofist

Brandon F said:
Are other Namco games region free? SC4? AC6? RR6?

Most of them are region free, but I heard the Japanese version of Tales is region locked to Japanese consoles, so..

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
kiryogi said:
It's half and half it seems.

SC4 I think was, Idolm@ster obviously isn't. Neither was Trusty Bell.

Isn't the Japanese version of Vesperia already out though? Is that region free?

Brandon F

Also anyone happen to snag the Brady strat guide? I'm considering nabbing it just for the crafting tables or whatnot(if they are well organized and helpful). Like some input as I haven't checked it out yet myself.

kiryogi

Banned
Brandon F said:
You have a Japanese 360?

Yeah. :D

repost!

vesperia.png

and my 360s. slightly big so i wont link to it here:

http://www.taleschannel.org/Guide/360face.png

I also got the Vesperia faceplate coming to me. Paid 10,000 yen before fees/shipping D:

Brandon F said:
Also anyone happen to snag the Brady strat guide? I'm considering nabbing it just for the crafting tables or whatnot(if they are well organized and helpful). Like some input as I haven't checked it out yet myself.

It fails pretty hard on main and side aspects. Main portion covers strategies and dungeon walk though, but no MAPS. Back seemed nice at first, almost full item lists. But no craft lists, halfassed sidequests that are wrong in some aspects. No skill list and there is a Artes list, but it doesn't even mention how to get the optional ones. In short, I'm more so waiting for the JP namco guide and using JP wikis instead. Well, hopefully US handwritten ones will show up in a more infomative manner.

FrankT

Freyjadour said:
Not in the least, but disappointing nonetheless.

Game is not out in the US until today so people cannot really post impressions until they actually get their hands on it.

Brandon F

kiryogi said:
It fails pretty hard on main and side aspects. Main portion covers strategies and dungeon walk though, but no MAPS. Back seemed nice at first, almost full item lists. But no craft lists, halfassed sidequests that are wrong in some aspects. No skill list and there is a Artes list, but it doesn't even mention how to get the optional ones. In short, I'm more so waiting for the JP namco guide and using JP wikis instead. Well, hopefully US handwritten ones will show up in a more infomative manner.

Damn, I only want to buy these things FOR the sidequests and tables. Guess I'll pass and wait for an online faq. Any word on missable stuff?

kiryogi

Banned
Brandon F said:
Neat! What's on the Tales Channel DVD?
ToV promo trailers, ToV superplay video, dramatic skits showing inside of Tales studio, illustration gallery.

Brandon F said:
Damn, I only want to buy these things FOR the sidequests and tables. Guess I'll pass and wait for an online faq. Any word on missable stuff?

Yeah, like Abyss, there's some sidequests that are time limited. Which I missed myself personally D: The guide does mention at some point for a few of them. But the fact they're missing steps for the bonus dungeon even is pretty retarded. Some of the wording is off and weird too.

Brandon F

kiryogi said:
ToV promo trailers, ToV superplay video, dramatic skits showing inside of Tales studio, illustration gallery.

Yeah, like Abyss, there's some sidequests that are time limited. Which I missed myself personally D: The guide does mention at some point for a few of them. But the fact they're missing steps for the bonus dungeon even is pretty retarded. Some of the wording is off and weird too.

Damnit Japan!

Yikes, just read there are achievements for playing over 100 hrs, as well as beating the game in under 15 hrs....guess I won't be getting the full 1000. :(

kiryogi

Banned
Haha speak of the devil, my faceplate is in the states. prefinal invoice is 133$ D: I still have to pay for final shipping to my place! I'll post pics of course XD But man D:

Anyone had any luck picking this up in a Circuit City today? I have a GC from there I'd like to use but they're sometimes slow asses with new games.

hyduK

Banned
Princess Skittles said:
Is there a full achievement list available yet?
I haven't found anything....every list has 10 or so of the least descriptive achievements I've ever encountered, followed by a ton of secret ones.

I'd love to find out what the 200 point achievement is though.

Brandon F

Just found this full list on gamefaqs....remember it may contain spoilers! Bolded potential crazy ones.

Ahhhh, Memories (30) Clear extra dungeon
Back Up Plan (10) Save at all save points
Big Game Greenhorn (20) First Giganto Monster Defeated
Big Game Hunter (50) Killed All Giganto Monsters
Bunny Guild Member (10) Join Bunny Guild
Character Study (10) View all skits
Defeated the Adephagos (200) Clear Game
Ended Alexei's Ambitions (150) Part 2 Clear
Eureka! (10) First Synthesis
First Strike (20) First Fatal Strike
Grand Battles (10) Kill 1000 enemies
Item Nerd (30) Complete Collector's Book
Jackpot (10) 10,000 chips won
Little Mad Scientist (10) Synthesize 20 times
Low Level Challenger (10) Defeat Barbos at level 15 or lower
Map Nerd (50) Complete World Map
Monster Nerd (30) Complete Monster Book
No More Grinding (10) Get max level
Piggybank (10) 10 million Gald earned
Recovered the Aque Blastia (100) Part 1 Clear
Secret Mission 1 (5 Points, Zagi Fight 1) Defeated Zagi while protecting Estelle from Zagi's attacks.
Secret Mission 2 (5 Points, Goliath) Downed Goliath by attacking its Achilles' heel while it charged X Buster.
Secret Mission 3 (5 Points, Gattuso) Learning from Karol's experience, you used the Billybally plants to stun Gattuso.
Secret Mission 4 (5 Points, Zagi Fight 2) Lured Zagi to the side of the ship and knocked him overboard to cool him off!
Secret Mission 5 (5 Points, Gusios Fight 1) Downed the Dreaded Giant when it reared back and left itself wide open.
Secret Mission 6 (5 Points, Gigalarva) Raven used Serpent to set a trap for the Gigalarva and prevented it from healing itself.
Secret Mission 7 (5 Points, Barbos) You took out the bridge supports, keeping him from calling out more of his thugs.
Secret Mission 8 (5 Points, Zagi Fight 3) Let him absorb too much magic, destroying his bohdi blastia.
Secret Mission 9 (5 Points, Pteropus) You defeated the Leader Bat and prevented Pteropus from recombining.
Secret Mission 10 (5 Points, Outbreaker) You destroyed the core and prevented magic from inverting day and night.
Secret Mission 11 (5 Points, Belius) You lit up all the candlesticks and eliminated the illusions.
Secret Mission 12 (5 Points, Tison and Nan) Timed your strikes between their attacks and knocked them down.
Secret Mission 13 (5 Points, Schwann) Downed him by attacking when he was clutching his heart after his mystic arte.
Secret Mission 14 (5 Points, Zagi Fight 4) Used Karol's Nice Recovery Smash arte to force him to recover from poison.
Secret Mission 15 (5 Points, Baitojoh) Hit it 3 times during its Ice Edge attack and fished it out of the water.
Secret Mission 16 (5 Points, Estelle) Used the item Mother's Momento.
Secret Mission 17 (5 Points, Jeager) Made his heart explode using Raven's Rain arte.
Secret Mission 18 (5 Points, Alexei) Downed him by attacking when he was tired after his mystic arte.
Secret Mission 19 (5 Points, Gusios Fight 2) Attacked his tail, then downed him with a close attack while his feet were raised.
Secret Mission 20 (5 Points, Khroma) Downed her by timing your strikes between certain of her attacks.
Secret Mission 21 (5 Points, Flynn) He used every arte he could, including a mystic arte.
Secret Mission 22 (5 Points, Zagi Fight 5) Downed him by attacking after he becomes exhausted from Blastia Bane.
Secret Mission 23 (5 Points, Duke Fight 2) Defeated Duke using a mystic arte.
Smarty-Pants (10) Answer all quiz questions correctly
Speedster (15) Clear game in 15 hours or less
The Hit That Keeps on Hitting (20) 100 Hit Combo
They Call Me... (30) Earn All Titles
To Points Unknown (10) Travel 100,000 km
Too Much Free Time (20) Play 100 hours
Vesperia Master (0) Gain all other achievements.

Brandon F

Princess Skittles said:
Ugh, some of them like View All Skits and Get All Titles are going to be really annoying.

Yea, the same thread on gamefaqs says that there are over 500 skits and many titles that can be easilly missed for good in the game. Though with the skits, you can buy a skit viewer for ng+ that will help unlock that one easier.

Neil

IF the game is region-free, would I in the UK, be able to download any of the DLC for this game?
I'm guessing not.

And when the DLC becomes available in the UK, would it only work with a PAL copy?

Jonnyram

Papercuts said:
The hardest one is worth 0? I didn't even know they could give you empty achievements.
It's actually just an achievement that shows you have all the other achievements. Basically like a Platinum Trophy on PS3 (so consider the PS3 port inevitable due to the existence of this achievement).

Neil said:
IF the game is region-free, would I in the UK, be able to download any of the DLC for this game?
I'm guessing not.

And when the DLC becomes available in the UK, would it only work with a PAL copy?

if the DLC is only published in the NA XBLM you'll need a NA gamertag to pay it and use it (if you can pay it, i mean, i guess it depends on the address on your credit card, or you could just use NA mspoints)

when the DLC hits the european marketplace you should be able to get it with no problem at all

well I just got amazowned

I had the premium edition all set for one day shipment (prime customer) from amazon. But I tried for the free on release date deal (eg that works on fable 2) and I stupidly deleted my original order before doing so. Not only did it not work, they now say next shipment is mid september. its actually backordered so that means it depends on them getting more stock.

kanugo

REGION FREE TEST TALES OF VESPERIA XB360

We have tested Tales of Vesperia - 360 (Preorder) on our PAL XBOX 360 and unfortunately can confirm that it is NOT region free.

Frillen

I'm sorry guys, Tales of Vesperia is NOT region free.

Stupid Scamco. Don't care about European Tales fans.

Edit: Beaten.

Darkman M

cleveridea said:

I had the premium edition all set for one day shipment (prime customer) from amazon. But I tried for the free on release date deal (eg that works on fable 2) and I stupidly deleted my original order before doing so. Not only did it not work, they now say next shipment is mid september. its actually backordered so that means it depends on them getting more stock.

Yeah you always gotta look for the free release date delivery in small green text under the game, if not that means it's not eligible for that.

Firestorm

Brandon F said:
Yea, I read about that in this thread before asking, but even trying every combination of Vesperia and CE and Tales, all they came up with was the regular edition. That was 1 week ago.
In EB it shoulda been there. But iirc they stop pre-orders 2 - 3 days before release date. If you're in the US, the stores are not carrying the LE.

I just phoned EB Games Metrotown and they said they expect it tomorrow. I'll call again around 4 just in case since I don't think they'd have received today's shipment yet. I actually have 4 days off work this week starting today by coincidence :D

soco

cleveridea said:

yeah that trick only works with the specific games they mention. don't worry about the release date, i had that happen with another game recently and it was just 2-3 weeks, and then it shipped out like 2 days later. also as a tip, next time buy the new one first before deleting the old. they don't charge you until it ships so you're good to go.

Kweh

kanugo said:
REGION FREE TEST TALES OF VESPERIA XB360

We have tested Tales of Vesperia - 360 (Preorder) on our PAL XBOX 360 and unfortunately can confirm that it is NOT region free.

Dagnammit.

Hopefully a PS3 release before the EU 360 version then...

Darkman M

Kweh said:
Dagnammit.

Hopefully a PS3 release before the EU 360 version then...

Yeah that sucks for EU peeps, but keep in mind Namco hasn't even released Eternal Sonata for the Ps3 yet, but maybe with tales it will be different.

Top Bottom