• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Tamanon

Banned
To be fair, for the first part of the game, Yuri's kinda an enabler of her when any time something is suggested, he goes "Let's do that!"

JSnake

Himuro said:
Where are you Jsnake? I'm on a certain...ship.

Some one needs to punch of slap Estelle in the face. This bitch keeps suggesting we go on her own personal errands.

The next time she suggests anything I hope Yuri punches her in the gut.

"But I want to do this!"

Bitch I don't care!!! I like how they even talked about this in game and the characters treat her like crap. Judith <3 Yuri <3

Now I have to bring some box to a 1000 year old dead woman. Thanks Estelle! Bitch!

Just beat *spoilers, don't highlight if you haven't gotten to the coliseum*
Flynn
in the Coliseum. You'll be there very soon.

Blablurn

is this a light-hearted game or is it melancholic? I consider buying it, but I'd only play it for the story and im a huge fan of dramatic incidents.

JSnake

Himuro said:
Both.

The game can have dark moments that make you question if it's a good idea or not. Sometimes it's LOL and just lighthearted.

But it's definitely a more dark story, well, for Tales it is.

I'm at the coliseum now. I haven't encountered the Damascus Sword!

It's at the shop located in the coliseum.

Sagitario

A little late with the breast joke in Tales games, but Legendia had them too...

tolcharnorma03-4bp560cik.jpeg

Jirotrom

Himuro said:
Both.

The game can have dark moments that make you question if it's a good idea or not. Sometimes it's LOL and just lighthearted.

But it's definitely a more dark story, well, for Tales it is.

I'm at the coliseum now. I haven't encountered the Damascus Sword!
Himuro... what is your gamertag?

Amazon says my CE copy should arrive on September 3rd. The wait is killing me since it's a 3-day weekend... If only it got here yesterday.

Jirotrom

Is there anyway for when you are buying items such as armor and weapons, the thing shows whether the attributes are better than what you have already? Or do I have to keep leaving and checking the equip menu?

Tamanon

Banned
Jirotrom said:
Is there anyway for when you are buying items such as armor and weapons, the thing shows whether the attributes are better than what you have already? Or do I have to keep leaving and checking the equip menu?

Well, you should see an arrow and number on the character portrait for the important stat(Attack/Defense). And you can hit Start to look at the items' stats.

Jirotrom

Tamanon said:
Well, you should see an arrow and number on the character portrait for the important stat(Attack/Defense). And you can hit Start to look at the items' stats.
you can do this when you are "purchasing" items?

Llyranor

How do I have Estelle choose which party member to heal when she's in manual/semi-auto mode? Or do I have to switch her to auto every time I want to choose?

Geoff9920

Man, the abilities you get towards the end of Part 1 really open up the battle system. :) (Spoilers ~12 hours in)
The fight with Barbos was awesome! And Yuri taking out that bastard magistrate (I forget his name) was also sweet.

alanias

Kinda of a stupid question, but how do you set up the multiplayer in this game? I got it from gamefly so I don't have the instruction manual.

JSnake

Firestorm said:
use spoiler tags for all story related posts guys

I hope no one took what I said the wrong way. Estelle wasn't like giving up her life for the good of mankind or anything. :p It was really just "I don't want you to get involved I'll go alone blah blah."

Llyranor

alanias said:
Kinda of a stupid question, but how do you set up the multiplayer in this game? I got it from gamefly so I don't have the instruction manual.
In the Arte screen, set up the character you want as manual or semi-auto to control him/her.

Player 1 will control the full character on the meny screen, Player 2 the second one, etc.

MechaX

Holy crap, just got Judith (Semi-big spoilers ahead).

I feel dumb for not figuring out that Judith was the Dragon Rider all along.

andymcc

Banned
I'm getting off work in a bit... Thinking of a game to get, this is looking pretty good. Sell me on it, GAF. I hated abyss but liked symphonia... How will I react?

JaMarco

andymcc said:
I hated abyss but liked symphonia...
Exact same for me.
And loved the first couple of hours I played from my friend's copy of Vesperia. I think youll love it if you liked Symphonia.
I cant wait for the 360 price drop this week so I cant play the rest of the game.

JSnake

Well, looks like it's time for me to grind for a good while. Needed to go to easy to beat *huge spoilers*
Belius

Sushen

I love the dialog exchanges among characters; it's second to none. With this kind of interesting chemistries among characters, I don't really care too much about over arching storyline; reminded me of watching Seinfeld kinda. That's what I loved about Abyss until it turned into the biggest chained fetch quest game in the middle of the game.

The battle is fun so that I constantly run into enemies instead of trying to avoid them. Cooking system and Synthesis system got introduced in more user friendly ways and the game system slowly introduce itself so that it would overwhelm you from the beginning.

Definitely, the best RPG for next gen systems, I believe.

purg3

slept with Malkin
JSnake said:
Well, looks like it's time for me to grind for a good while. Needed to go to easy to beat *huge spoilers*
Belius

Does switching to easy have a negative effect, like less gald, exp, etc?

andymcc

Banned
just got the game. i'll post my thoughts a little later. can't play until my girlfriend finishes project runway. : (

i hope you didn't set me up for disappointment GAF!

Darkman M

I get the feeling this game might surprise a lot of people in the sales department, i get the feeling it's doing pretty well for what it is.

kiryogi

Banned
Darkman M said:
:lol Awesome have you not beat this game yet? You have had the JP edition awhile now right?

No D: 88 hours in, around the halfway point. Hard = brutal. Plus, I'm doing what sidequesting I can.

careksims

I'm laughing here because all these people worrying about the CE edition. I go to Fry's today here in San Diego and what do I see? A bunch of CE's lying around. No pre-orders or anything. Can't wait to pop it in tonight!

MrDaravon

careksims said:
I'm laughing here because all these people worrying about the CE edition. I go to Fry's today here in San Diego and what do I see? A bunch of CE's lying around. No pre-orders or anything. Can't wait to pop it in tonight!

I miss Frys so much :(

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got it earlier today, and I already have around 7-8 hours logged in. :lol

I have a few questions about Secret Missions and Titles though:
Is there a secret mission for each boss? And is there any way to actually know what to do? I'm guessing the Zagi one was going to happen either way, but I stumbled upon the Goliath one by complete luck, those are the only ones I've faced so far though.

And for titles: Do they have any point? I remember in Symphonia they would focus on certain stats, but this time they don't seem to do anything, or atleast doesn't show you what they do unless I'm missing something. I notice how it reloads the character so they'd change costumes, but all of the titles I have so far don't change that.

Top Bottom