• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The pinnacle of my travels has finally been achieved.

2rh8k83.jpg

Firestorm

Jonnyram said:
LP? Learning Points - you accumulate them to learn the skills on your weapons / sub-weapons.
Ohhh. I'm guessing different skills have different LP numbers to reach to be learned.

Anyway, I just got to the
secret boss in the caves while chasing whatshisface after the coliseum fight. Holy crap he's HARD. I beat him once but everyone but Rita died. Rita finished him off. I hate having people die during boss fights and not getting the exp so I reloaded. I tried again and just lost. Oi. LV25 characters

W00t!!! Finally got all the damn synth items for
Last Fencer!!!

BTW, for those of you who are at the end and got all of the
fell weapons, be fucking prepared because stage 3 Sephy... I mean Duke is fucking retarded.

Hopefully after I synth this weapon, it'll be a bit easier, especially with the skill Glory. :D

Jonnyram

What are the
fell
weapons? I've already got
The Last Fencer
- had it for a while. I'm almost level 90 though, so I'm guessing I won't run into much trouble anyway.

kiryogi

Banned
Jonnyram said:
What are the
fell
weapons? I've already got
The Last Fencer
- had it for a while. I'm almost level 90 though, so I'm guessing I won't run into much trouble anyway.

They;re these weapons that get more powerful with every monster you kill. Which usually only can be unlocked when you defeat it's guardian. You can get the first one from the
Myozoru elder. I imagine you got the Abyssion right? The subquest is involves upgrading the sorc ring

Ive gotten serveral warning to not complete the fell arms quest on hard.... Something like having to manual Estelle and do OL and Resurrection every minute. XD

Jonnyram

kiryogi said:
They;re these weapons that get more powerful with every monster you kill. Which usually only can be unlocked when you defeat it's guardian. You can get the first one from the
Myozoru elder. I imagine you got the Abyssion right? The subquest is involves upgrading the sorc ring

Ive gotten serveral warning to not complete the fell arms quest on hard.... Something like having to manual Estelle and do OL and Resurrection every minute. XD
Oh yeah, I started them. I've got a few more from the areas I went to with the sorc. ring, but I think I still need a couple from the last dungeon. Is the warning about the quest just a warning about the final battle changing if you equip them all?

kiryogi

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Oh yeah, I started them. I've got a few more from the areas I went to with the sorc. ring, but I think I still need a couple from the last dungeon. Is the warning about the quest just a warning about the final battle changing if you equip them all?

No dont have to equip them, if you collect all 7 and talk to Flynn, it'll trigger the extra battle. And yknow, here's a picture of it. On hard anyway. I think first form was 5 minutes, 2nd form was 7. Then final... well let's say overall it took the guy 40 minutes to finish. Talking tons of hiougi spam.

Jonnyram

kiryogi said:
No dont have to equip them, if you collect all 7 and talk to Flynn, it'll trigger the extra battle. And yknow, here's a picture of it. On hard anyway. I think first form was 5 minutes, 2nd form was 7. Then final... well let's say overall it took the guy 40 minutes to finish. Talking tons of hiougi spam.
Well, I hope it's harder than the
Flynn battle
I just did :lol I was only taking 1 or 2 damage off most of his attacks, and his hi-ougi only did about 50 damage overall (on normal level)! I didn't heal the whole battle, even while waiting for all his moves to be set off.

kiryogi

Banned
Jonnyram said:
Flynn battle
I just did :lol I was only taking 1 or 2 damage off most of his attacks, and his hi-ougi only did about 50 damage overall (on normal level)! I didn't heal the whole battle, even while waiting for all his moves to be set off.

Well. play on hard, seriously :D

Jonnyram said:
Flynn battle
Oh it is. Bastard has this hi-ougi called
Big Bang that he likes to use every time he gets overlimit that drops everyone's HP to 1. It's even worse in his final form. Not to mention his HP is off the charts.

kiryogi

Banned
donkey show said:
Oh it is. Bastard has this hi-ougi called
Big Bang that he likes to use every time he gets overlimit that drops everyone's HP to 1. It's even worse in his final form. Not to mention his HP is off the charts.

There's also Brave Vesperia. When you really decide to piss him off

Here's the hard video I spoke of. in 6 fricken parts lol

Last boss spoiler don't click otherwise!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYwzQqOjAgM&feature=related

there I am in the forgotten shrine trying to slowly beat down
schwann/raven
when he does a mystic arte and destroys us all, and all I can do is drop my jaw and the controller

Yay! Beat the game! Glad I can still continue the same file after end game so I can boost my stats just a bit more before doing some ex new game.

kiryogi

Banned
Finally, first costume for Yuri! And it's so awesome!

yuridark.png

Pic didn't turn out too well. I actually also got an pretty sweet costume for Raven but can't post it openly for certain reasoning.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone care to comment on just how far I am in the game at this point (~17 hours)?

I've just met and fought Belius in the arena for the first time

Despite the presentation issues I've complained about, I really am enjoying it a lot now. The gameplay is ramping up beautifully. It may not advance the series in any meaningful way, but it's still a damn good game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
dark10x said:
Anyone care to comment on just how far I am in the game at this point (~17 hours)?

I've just met and fought Belius in the arena for the first time

Despite the presentation issues I've complained about, I really am enjoying it a lot now. The gameplay is ramping up beautifully. It may not advance the series in any meaningful way, but it's still a damn good game.
Ditto, although I have prior experience I still can say this one is my favorite one.

Jonnyram

Thankfully there is a way to check my total grade so far. 5193 at this point in the game.
I'm probably gonna have to try Rita's spamming technique a bit later :)

Indrew

Neo Member
Jonnyram said:
Thankfully there is a way to check my total grade so far. 5193 at this point in the game.
I'm probably gonna have to try Rita's spamming technique a bit later :)

Cool. How do you check?

Indrew

Neo Member
Jonnyram said:
Late in the game you can go to Nam Cobanda Isle. In the gym there, you can exchange grade or gald for chips and it tells you your current total.

Thanks. I was worried I'd have to beat the game each time to check.

I just got the airship and have uncovered the whole map, but I haven't been able to find this place. I guess I'm not *too* late into the game yet, which is a good thing I suppose.

JSnake

kiryogi said:

yuridark.png

Pic didn't turn out too well. I actually also got an pretty sweet costume for Raven but can't post it openly for certain reasoning.

:O how do you get Yuri's ninja outfit? also what sword is that?

kiryogi said:

You should go ahead and finish it on whatever difficulty you like. Though I understand why people might be issuing warnings:

Unlike the other Tales games, the boss you beat to unlock them is not optional. It's actually a third form of the final boss. I beat him on Hard without even having Estelle in the Party (Raven is better anyway considering how much you'll be spammed with Big Bang - Love Arrow has no casting time... if you wait for Estelle to cast then you will have dead characters)

Indrew said:
Thanks. I was worried I'd have to beat the game each time to check.

I just got the airship and have uncovered the whole map, but I haven't been able to find this place. I guess I'm not *too* late into the game yet, which is a good thing I suppose.

Well, you DO have to beat the game to check. You can only get into Nam Cobanda once you've continued on a file where you've already beaten the boss.

Jonnyram

My Arms Your Hearse said:
Well, you DO have to beat the game to check. You can only get into Nam Cobanda once you've continued on a file where you've already beaten the boss.
No, the water disappears at a certain event in the game :)

JSnake

My Arms Your Hearse said:

Huh? No, I got to Nam Cobanda before beating the game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Himuro said:
Now I'm on the brink of suicide because MS cables are ridiculous prices and I'm not even seeing Composite Cables listed on gamestop.com.

That sucks man. These should work though-here
composite/svideo universal cables for $12.99

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Himuro said:
So my tv accidentally fell over when I was doing somoething while my 360 cables were inside my tv.

I looked at the cables later and the needles broke off. Thankfully the needles weren't stuck in my tv or I'd feel horrible.

Anyways, after 2 months of not turning on my 360, finally a game comes alone that I put almost 60 hours into in the span of a week, and my cables break right when I'm nearnig the end of the second part.

Now I'm on the brink of suicide because MS cables are ridiculous prices and I'm not even seeing Composite Cables listed on gamestop.com.
Damn man, I feel for you there. Yikes!

JaMarco

kiryogi said:

yuridark.png

that Yuri costume is fucking awesome

kiryogi

Banned
Y2Kev said:
HERE WE GO!

(Image of succumbing to greatness)

hold me :(

Not only kev, but duckroll has given in too! Victory!

Jsnake: It's a really old sword I just finally decided to synth called Brute Dragon (+1!) And that costume involves a really time limited sidequest called "Finding Clay" that spans the entire game. Most people will miss it unfortunately. There's really been no definite guide on it. I just followed jp wikis loosely. Here's what koulis blog has though:

After beating Zagi for the 2nd time
- Sleep @ the Torim Inn

After forming Brave Vesperia
- Head to the NW section of Zaphias to for an event to learn Tiger blade and get the title "Kingdom celeb"

After the Ghost Ship "Atherun" and before fighting Zagi for the 3rd time? in Nordapolica
- Speak With The Couple At The South And Rest At The Inn to learn a new move for Yuri

After dealing Temza Mountain
- Speak of with a man near some kids @ the Mantiac lake.

After Zaude
- Head to the NW section of Zaphias

After meeting Undine
- Head to the NW section of Zaphias to gain the "Dark Enforcer" title

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Spruchy said:
Give me a break you say your broke then you buy a POS buggy mercenaries 2 now you have money for a series you hate. Drama more plz.

I traded in a lot of games, including Mercs 2. I do dislike Tales a lot, but everyone is raving about this one. Also, my last paycheck from my summer job cleared today. So be happy, I'm playing! :D

MCD

it's a good game kev, though it's not different than symphonia or abyss unless the "twist" gonna change the game upside down.

FYI - I spotted a pile of the SE version in Frys for $69.99 so it may be worth a call at your store (assuming there's a Frys near you) if you are interested.

Good luck!

JSnake

Just reached the final boss with about 61 hours on the clock. I've only done one or two very minor side quests. Although right now I'm fully exploring the final dungeon because I heard rumblings about some such Meteor Blade or something.

Oh and this is now my favorite RPG next to Earthbound.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Himuro said:
What is the fun of playing the game if you're level 28 at the first dungeon?

wtf.

If you knew me, you'd know I'm a stat-raising whore. Nearly every single rpg I play, I focus on stat-raising more than anything. While I'm surfing the net, I usually just play a game doing battles over and over pressing one or two buttons and watching the screen every now and then. You should see my stats in most of the games I play.

purg3

slept with Malkin
kiryogi said:
Jsnake: It's a really old sword I just finally decided to synth called Brute Dragon (+1!) And that costume involves a really time limited sidequest called "Finding Clay" that spans the entire game. Most people will miss it unfortunately. There's really been no definite guide on it. I just followed jp wikis loosely. Here's what koulis blog has though:

WTF, I went to that blog and realized I missed some side events, and I even have the strat guide...what a fucking waste of money that thing was. At least I planned on playing through a second time. Are there any other good resources out yet for this game in terms of complete walkthroughs or easily missable items/ events?

Top Bottom