• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Amon37

Blackjack said:
Who doesn't save when they see a save point? :lol But then, I'm a compulsive saver.

I'm bad about this. When I'm really into the game I'll pass up a couple save points out of over confidence, usually it works out, sometimes it goes horribly wrong.:D

Kadey said:
If you knew me, you'd know I'm a stat-raising whore. Nearly every single rpg I play, I focus on stat-raising more than anything. While I'm surfing the net, I usually just play a game doing battles over and over pressing one or two buttons and watching the screen every now and then. You should see my stats in most of the games I play.
Haha, I'm exactly the same way. It's like whenever I get a new weapon, I max it out until I move on to the next story component. Plus I grind levels in 5's. It's my grinder's creed. :lol

Now that I've beaten the final boss on Hard (Glory skill is so useful), it's time to grade farm before I restart.

And here's my fave costumes for Yuri and the gang. Sorry about the crappy pic. Sucks taking pics off of a CRT.

vesperia1.jpg

@ kiriyogi: As for Raven's costume you won't show, I'm assuming it's
his Schwann getup. How do you get that?

Chris R

Downloaded the demo once more to see if I can't get into the combat. Going to search for some guide or something to make sure I understand how it works...

Tamanon

Banned
LOL at the second time in Zaphia castle.
Check Raven's old cell in the prison and in the toilet you'll find a bow and armor stashed there

rhfb said:
Downloaded the demo once more to see if I can't get into the combat. Going to search for some guide or something to make sure I understand how it works...

Just a warning, the demo is a fairly shitty representation of the game.

kiryogi

Banned
donkey show said:
@ kiryogi: As for Raven's costume you won't show, I'm assuming it's
his Schwann getup. How do you get that?

Yup!
I believe the first step is to talk to Kaufman @ the Fortune's Market HQ while you have Raven. I think you have until the end of 2/3 to do this. After Zaude, talk to Laburan? with Raven in your party to receive it

kiryogi

Banned
Bebpo said:
I can't believe it. Wow. That's like the biggest Megaton in the thread after all his hating on Tales.

No IU for him for awhile, and the asian edition just released. I think the only thing lacking is that he's playing with the dub instead. But hey as long as he's playing it! First Tales game for him and Kev since Legendia!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think this is actually quite good so far, but Zagi says, "I'm gonna carve my name into your blood."

Did I hear that wrong?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Farore said:
That Duckroll bought Vesperia and he's the user with more replies in the thread...
duckroll is himuro!?!?!?!?!? the truth is out!!!!!!!!!!!

moowear

not sure if this has been asked but is there any way to increase your inventory carrying capacity? I'm only about 10hrs in but my egg/onions/milk etc capacity at 15 is becoming a drag.

Tamanon

Banned
moowear said:
not sure if this has been asked but is there any way to increase your inventory carrying capacity? I'm only about 10hrs in but my egg/onions/milk etc capacity at 15 is becoming a drag.

Grade shop in New Game +

Ricker

rhfb said:

Don't go by the demo...I'm 7 hours in and they are just explaining now how to use the Overlimits...the game is very good at showing you slowly everything about the battle engine and the rest,it's awesome for people who haven't played a Tales in a while or if it's their first... The demo Boss killed me 3 times because i wasn't sure about everything but when i reach him now,i will probably beat him on the first try(playing on normal).

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Ricker said:
Don't go by the demo...I'm 7 hours in and they are just explaining now how to use the Overlimits...the game is very good at showing you slowly everything about the battle engine and the rest,it's awesome for people who haven't played a Tales in a while or if it's their first... The demo Boss killed me 3 times because i wasn't sure about everything but when i reach him now,i will probably beat him on the first try(playing on normal).

They couldnt have picked a worse segment for the demo, I hated that boss it took me forever to beat him...but once I got my custom battle strategy and formation it became a lot easier and much more fun....although some parts are hard and I'm only 1/3 thru.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Himuro said:
I'M HAVING VESPERIA WITHDRAWAL FUCK DFA;JSDF;

Me too, I didnt even play it last night because I got home from work late and I had to wake up early to go to work...the other night I played from 10pm to 6am...I was hurting badly the next day.

purg3

slept with Malkin
How do you unlock more arcane arts? Is it just by leveling up or by using base arts?

Damn this game is addictive, I really only started playing yesterday, and since then I put in almost 10 hours.

Tamanon

Banned
purg3 said:
How do you unlock more arcane arts? Is it just by leveling up or by using base arts?

Damn this game is addictive, I really only started playing yesterday, and since then I put in almost 10 hours.

Basically they're a combination of two base artes, you have to use the base artes 50 times and then when you reach a certain level you'll unlock the next arcane arte.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Tamanon said:
Basically they're a combination of two base artes, you have to use the base artes 50 times and then when you reach a certain level you'll unlock the next arcane arte.

Ahh OK, thanks.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I keep thinking I'm getting super close to the 2/3 mark but it just won't come. :lol

I just got to
Zaude, it's funny how they keep saying "final battle" and stuff when it apparently still has awhile to go.

Tamanon

Banned
Papercuts said:
I keep thinking I'm getting super close to the 2/3 mark but it just won't come. :lol

I just got to
Zaude, it's funny how they keep saying "final battle" and stuff when it apparently still has awhile to go.

That's exactly what I was talking about earlier, lol. You're right behind me, I just finished there.

Blackjack

Just got to the desert town...barely got Secret Mission 9.
I scanned the Leader Bat once they split -- it only had about 3500 HP left.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Tamanon said:
That's exactly what I was talking about earlier, lol. You're right behind me, I just finished there.

I don't like the looks of this place. :p

And here's a decent tip, I guess: At the end of a basic combo you can hit LT + B to get an extra attack. It comes out slow but it can be linked into an arte, so an extra hit can help.

Tamanon

Banned
I already have too many regular attacks as is, I don't even get to all 7 hits generally before peeling off to a base arte then an arcane arte.

yeb

Papercuts said:
And here's a decent tip, I guess: At the end of a basic combo you can hit LT + B to get an extra attack. It comes out slow but it can be linked into an arte, so an extra hit can help.
That's a great trick with Yuri, and I think it works the same with Repede. Not everyone can cancel any attack into their free run attack though, or cancel their free run attack into artes.

kiryogi said:
No IU for him for awhile, and the asian edition just released. I think the only thing lacking is that he's playing with the dub instead. But hey as long as he's playing it! First Tales game for him and Kev since Legendia!

Well, if their last Tales game was Legendia you can surely understand the reluctance to ever go near another Tales game again. What an abortion.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So, against
Gattsuo
I can see the billybaly plant things on the field but I'm not sure how I use them to my advantage. Attacking them knocks me out...what should I do?

I really am hooked on this game.

JaMarco

Y2Kev said:
So, against
Gattsuo
I can see the billybaly plant things on the field but I'm not sure how I use them to my advantage. Attacking them knocks me out...what should I do?

Go behind the plant and attack it when the boss is near it. Itll stun him and you get the secret mission (make sure you dont stun yourself tho).

Blackjack

Y2Kev said:
So, against
Gattsuo

Fire off an Azure Edge so you're not in the pollen blast.

Tamanon

Banned
Y2Kev said:
So, against
Gattsuo

He has to be near them, also, keep in mind if you hit one, it should trigger all of them. Azure Edge is your best bet for doing it when he's near one.

CurseoftheGods said:
I have downloaded the free trial packs, but I have no clue on to how to activate them. Can anyone help?
I only played a little bit of the game and I haven't downloaded the pack yet but isn't there a Xbox Live tab in the item menu? It might be in there.

CurseoftheGods said:
Oops, nvm. Found it. Thanks! :D
You're welcome. Also, I've only put about 2 hours into the game but so far so good. My first Tales game too. Almost decided to pass after playing the demo and having no idea what the hell I was doing in battles. Glad to see they ease you into it in the full game.

*don't highlight the spoiler note if you aren't near the end of the game*

Raven!!
he was Schwann?! ZOMG. did anyone see this coming?

Top Bottom