• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus Davidson has already said that the uk govt shouldn't block a independence ref if voted on by our parliament.

Yeah would guarantee a yes vote, I have a funny feeling Scotland will be offered a deal. Maybe a federal arrangement to try and prevent a referendum, going to see some interesting developments I think.

Real Hero

May: "So I told them this bunch of progressive bollocks and hoped they couldn't wikipedia the new cabinet"

I don't know why people act like' oh wow she sounds progressive' like she was going to go up there tell everyone to fuck off. The cabinet tells you more than anything she says

avaya

The only positive takeaway form this is the hint May knows Remainers can't be the ones to tell the public the Brexit of their dreams (single market + immigration controls) isn't possible. The reality has to come from the mouths of Leavers for the 52% to be able to accept it without thinking it's a screw job.

My take too. No excuses when the EU does not even budge on the 4 freedoms.

I got banned for a fortnight cos of this thread. My rage knew no bounds.

My bemusement, too. BoJo For. Sec.

I am open to all new ideas and philosophies that make more sense than those ashes I now hold.

Acorn

Yeah would guarantee a yes vote, I have a funny feeling Scotland will be offered a deal. Maybe a federal arrangement to try and prevent a referendum, going to see some interesting developments I think.
Perhaps I'll believe it when we see it. Still waiting on "home rule" we were promised, oh and that the only way to stay in eu was with uk...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
So Brexit negotiations are in very good hands. For the start, a very friendly message towards EU. The best agreements incoming.

BigAl1992

The only positive takeaway form this is the hint May knows Remainers can't be the ones to tell the public the Brexit of their dreams (single market + immigration controls) isn't possible. The reality has to come from the mouths of Leavers for the 52% to be able to accept it without thinking it's a screw job.

Agreed. This isn't so much as May being clueless as it is her making them work to fulfil those promises, and if they don't, they can be to account to the public for not meeting those promises while she skirts past any possibly damage her way.

CTLance

Are you fuckng kidding me.

Say.

Just thinking out loud here.

Would you Brits be terribly offended if BoJo returned from the upcoming EU meeting just a teensy tiny bit tarred and feathered, or in a gimp suit and bound to a barrel, or if he got back by skipping across the channel at high speeds thanks to the help of a modified catapult?

chadskin

The UK Brexit minister apparently doesn't know that the UK doesn't negotiate trade deals with individual EU countries but the EU bloc as a whole.

CnRQAxDWcAE7FFj.jpg

Amazing. AMAZING.

Perhaps I'll believe it when we see it. Still waiting on "home rule" we were promised, oh and that the only way to stay in eu was with uk...

Yeah true that sadly, but we are into uncharted waters now, union definitely at risk more so than in 2014, so they know that they will have to step up big style, hopefully. Then again I'd rather they just pissed us off more now.

Acorn

Are you fuckng kidding me.

Say.

Just thinking out loud here.

Would you Brits be terribly offended if BoJo returned from the upcoming EU meeting just a teensy tiny bit tarred and feathered, or in a gimp suit and bound to a barrel, or if he got back by skipping across the channel at high speeds thanks to the help of a modified catapult?
A great many of us would like to contribute.

The UK Brexit minister apparently doesn't know that the UK doesn't negotiate trade deals with individual EU countries but the EU bloc as a whole.

Amazing. AMAZING.

Can't be real, can it. Surely? I mean, is there no chance of direct deals?

(I know it would contradict the whole bloody point of everything, but I cannot believe this is as pickfuckingly stupid as it appears)

Acorn

Yeah true that sadly, but we are into uncharted waters now, union definitely at risk more so than in 2014, so they know that they will have to step up big style, hopefully. Then again I'd rather they just pissed us off more now.
Oh we're gonna get fucked in the next budget and whatever further social security destruction will enrage us plenty.

Only way I'd be on board federal uk is if everything but Military was controlled by us.

Xando

Amazing. AMAZING.

As a fellow european i'm sorry for you guys.

Not sure how these politicians can actually expect not to get fucked over by the EU. They're literally screaming for it

Unconfirmed Member
David Davis is stubbornly principled, he will not give up easily. A U-turn isn't on the cards for some time.

oti

Banned
I get that some people believe Boris is an amazing choice just to shut him up and get the Brexiters behind May but come ooooooooon. The wannabe Game of Thrones Kindergarten of UK politics are one thing, but real international politics demand seriousness and competence. Can you imagine Steinmeier talking with Boris about the German-British relationships? After all he's said and done?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Amazing. AMAZING.

He... actually doesn't know how this works, does he? I mean, he actually doesn't understand? At all?

Ha...
A hahaha hahaha...
*sobs*

Oh we're gonna get fucked in the next budget and whatever further social security destruction will enrage us plenty.

Only way I'd be on board federal uk is if everything but Military was controlled by us.

Yeah ditto I'd take that, anything less and they can fuck off.

Morat

Banned

Amazing. AMAZING.

I mean I know leave was full of fantasists, but it gets even more alarming when the guy who is going to be in charge of it apparently is as well

EDIT

Seriously though, people doing A level politics know more than this lot

Unconfirmed Member

Amazing. AMAZING.
I'm going to stick up for David Davis, mainly because I've always respected him, and suggest that what he means is that in a proposed EU trade deal there will be concessions that are obviously in there for the benefit of individuals member state.

Surely Davis means 'as part of the whole bloc negotiations, this is what we'd give/take with each country, becoz of exports they want to sell us'.

Right?

Right?????

Surely Davis means 'as part of the whole bloc negotiations, this is what we'd give/take with each country, becoz of exports they want to sell us'.

Right?

Right?????

Doubt it always comes across as a sandwich short of a picnic, should be fun negotiations when he is sitting in an empty room waiting for the other countries, only to realise it's midnight and they did not turn up.....

Philly40

This is playing out like some bizarre scenario where Randolph from the Trilateral Commission made a $1 wager with Mortimer from the Bilderberg Group, about how much they could fuck up the whole British political landscape.

Paul Dacre dresses up as a gorilla.

Yup we've been fucked over with pretty much everything that is uk reserved. So that's the only way it's viable for me, I'm sick of having hard right wing politics forced on us.

Yeah Scotland moves centre left and rest of UK swings far right, no chance we will stomach much more of this now before breaking point is reached.

PJV3

Doubt it always comes across as a sandwich short of a picnic, should be fun negotiations when he is sitting in an empty room waiting for the other countries, only to realise it's midnight and they did not turn up.....

He's expecting to create a set of trade agreements that will cover a population larger than the EU in 1-2 years. He's the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom