• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why would she? that would be bad negotiation. I recall she saying that the security and status of all EU citizens in this country would be assured once the status of British citizens in EU states are assured too.

i dunno, some common decency or sympathy for others?

sohois

Not seeing the utter disaster that everyone else is. Foreign Sec has been split into three jobs and given to Brexiters, a nice easy scapegoat when brexit inevitably fucks more shit up.

Meanwhile the other announced posts just appear to be standard MPs, shuffled about a bit.

Are people really so worried about Boris? The guy was London mayor for two terms, a large part of which was foreign relations, and nothing much terrible happened. In the end the best outcome from this would be negotiations so poor that a50 has no chance of being activated, so even bad performance could have a silver lining.

Jezbollah

because it's utterly disgusting to imply that people who chose to come here could be thrown out because of a decision they weren't even allowed to vote in. their position should be safe irrespective of them being used as bargaining chips.

As much as it morally shouldn't be, it would be naive to think that the status of residency for both UK citizens in EU and vice versa isn't going to be part of any future deal.

oti

Banned
It's kinda ironic how everyone expected Boris to become PM, then be surprised he didn't enter the race just to be even more surprised he got such an important role within the new government.

This is a great Greek drama.

Facism

Gold Member
Leavers must be glad we have a foreign secretary with Turkish ancestry!!!11!

pc.png

Not seeing the utter disaster that everyone else is. Foreign Sec has been split into three jobs and given to Brexiters, a nice easy scapegoat when brexit inevitably fucks more shit up.

Meanwhile the other announced posts just appear to be standard MPs, shuffled about a bit.

Are people really so worried about Boris? The guy was London mayor for two terms, a large part of which was foreign relations, and nothing much terrible happened. In the end the best outcome from this would be negotiations so poor that a50 has no chance of being activated, so even bad performance could have a silver lining.

The procedure is A50 gets triggered-> Negotiations start

the government isn't far right. It's certainly hard right. David Davis is the Corbyn of the Conservative Party, for example.

I wouldn't say that. Corbyn would never have made it anywhere near the front benches had he not been voted leader, whereas Davis would have a place in any Conservative cabinet. Corbyn was (and some may say still is) much, much further out in the fringe of his party than Davis is in his.

King_Moc

Banned
leaving the EU and massively restricting immigration is pretty much my idea of the far right, which is what the govt want to do.

The far right is stuff like these pricks:

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/just-britain-first-threatening-to-hang-their-proeu-islamistloving-opponents-at-the-tower-of-london--Z16fxI0Pvl

Daft Racists said:
They think they can get away with ruining our country, turning us into a Third World country, giving away our homes, jobs and heritage, but they will face the wrath of the Britain First movement, make no mistake about it!

We will not rest until every traitor is punished for their crimes against our country.

And by punished, I mean good old fashioned British justice at the end of a rope!

Acorn

I wouldn't say that. Corbyn would never have made it anywhere near the front benches had he not been voted leader, whereas Davis would have a place in any Conservative cabinet. Corbyn was (and some may say still is) much, much further out in the fringe of his party than Davis is in his.
Any cabinet with Liam Fox is hard right.

StayDead

The term Brexiters makes me sick. It makes it look as if a) they have any idea what they're doing and b) that this is some kind of adventure.

Yeah, losing the ability to ever get my own house is certainly looking promising.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

That's because the Conservative hard right have always been more powerful within their own party than the Labour hard left, though, so centrist Conservatives have always had to pander to them more than e.g. Blair had to to Corbyn.

Acorn

That's because the Conservative hard right have always been more powerful within their own party than the Labour hard left, though, so centrist Conservatives have always had to pander to them more than e.g. Blair had to to Corbyn.
Yup 1922 entrenches the hard right plus the membership.

Showaddy

Yeah Boris as Foreign Sec probably seems worse than it actually is. Foreign Trade & Brexit is being dealt with by more competent ministers/offices, he was a decent ambassador for London during his Mayoral terms and it'll keep him busy and away from any possible domestic fuck ups.

kharma45

The term Brexiters makes me sick. It makes it look as if a) they have any idea what they're doing and b) that this is some kind of adventure.

Yeah, losing the ability to ever get my own house is certainly looking promising.

What way has Brexit managed to actually change buying a house for you already? I'd love to know as so far its had no affect on me at all in that regard.

Hazzuh

Liam Fox is a disgrace. It's awful that he has been allowed back in to government. I hope journalists don't let him get away with it.

PJV3

It's a gamble, but it might pay off if things go really tits up and he ends up looking prescient.

I'm for it, but it won't go down well in the towns who think Westminster ignore them. Let things settle and the reality of the decision set in.

RedShift

So which two days do I need to pay £25 to vote for labour leader? I joined as a member after the referendum.

Was thinking of not bothering but if one of them will campaign for a 2nd ref it's worth it.

Kathian

Banned
The Fox appointment is how little regard the Tories see the current opposition. Labour would be best splitting with the bulk of MPs forming a new opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom