• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

"UK gov says new Home Sec will have powers to ban end-to-end encryption"
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/0...willi_have_powers_to_ban_endtoend_encryption/

e3HD5cm.gif

Ha. Good luck.

tomtom94

BBC saying Further and Higher education have moved back from Business, Innovation and Skills to education, and that BIS will become "Business, Energy and Industry". Does that mean Energy is ceasing to be a standalone department?

BigAl1992

Villiers is out. I wonder what the job she was offered was, and who's taking over as Secretary for Northern Ireland now.

Edit: And Hunt is still Health Secretary. Oh boy.....

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
BBC saying Further and Higher education have moved back from Business, Innovation and Skills to education, and that BIS will become "Business, Energy and Industry". Does that mean Energy is ceasing to be a standalone department?

Apparently, yes; shortened name being the Department for Industry. Apparently there will also be a Department for Infrastructure that will be replacing Transport.

Apparently, yes; shortened name being the Department for Industry. Apparently there will also be a Department for Infrastructure that will be replacing Transport.

Is it me or will having climate change and the rest of industry in the same department make the voice pushing for green issues a little squashed?

PJV3

A department of infrastructure sounds good, just need to speed up how it all works in the real world.

jelly

Is it me or will having climate change and the rest of industry in the same department make the voice pushing for green issues a little squashed?

Yeah, crossed my mind too and fits with favouring private companies over all else but it could just mean they collaborate more closely. I don't know if that's good or bad.

Acorn

As much as i respect that Scotland voted to remain as a whole the vote was taken as a United Kingdom. As such the way Sturgeon is currently going around pretty much undermining the UK sovereignty by dealing with EU before Scotland is independent is nothing short of Treason.
With respect go fuck yourself. Go down with your own ship.

BigAl1992

As much as i respect that Scotland voted to remain as a whole the vote was taken as a United Kingdom. As such the way Sturgeon is currently going around pretty much undermining the UK sovereignty by dealing with EU before Scotland is independent is nothing short of Treason.

Sturgeon's doing what the people of Scotland wanted, which is keeping Scotland in the EU, not arranging for the destruction of either Westminister or the Royal Family. She's basically doing her job, just as any good leader should. If you don't like, the door's open for you to go. Your choice.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Seems to be well within her role:

As head of the Scottish Government, the First Minister is responsible for the overall development, implementation and presentation of the administration’s policies and for promoting and representing Scotland at home and overseas.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Couldn't get elected in Scotland like ids or fox so he's your problem I'm afraid.

It's surprising how many of our most terrible politicians are Scottish exports. Maybe independence would be good for both sides?

:p

Protome

It's actually a lot short of Treason, in fact it's her job.

kmax

Scotland made it very clear that they will only stay if the rest of the United Kingdom voted to remain within the EU. As that did not happen, she has made it very clear that Scotland will be part of the European Union, with or without the UK. Her responsibilty as the scottish prime minister is first and foremost aimed at the scottish people. If England wants to jump ship towards insanity, they shouldn't expect Scotland to be as crazy.

How does hunt stay on? What dirt does he have on everyone?

I suspect that no-one else wants to take on that particular poisoned chalice.
Also, May doesn't want to take additional blame when her substitute underperforms.

While Theresa has promoted herself as someone who avoids backroom shady deals and party factionalism, her cabinet is probably the most machiavellian I've ever seen.

Boris as foreign secretary is going to be a disaster, but I'm really surprised that May would sacrifice our foreign affairs just to wipe out one of her big rivals when he crashes and burns. We'll still be passengers in whatever metaphorical vehicle he's crashing and burning.

Liam fox as International Trade Minister. This was the guy who was disgraced for bringing his friend along to defence meetings, where he obtained inside information on potential trade deals despite having no security clearance and being funded by some very shady foreign companies.
Sure, put Fox in charge of all international trade instead of a small subset of it! What could go wrong?

Tak3n

Banned
So back from my ban, I have not see any other leave voters in this thread for a while, but will have to post carefully as don't want another ban

Few things to catch up....

kicked off in my area and I expected it as my whole area overwhelmingly voted to leave, and TBH if I was a immigrant I would not stay in Norfolk/Lincolnshire (well Norwich looks ok)

Labour held a vigil to show support for immigrants, lots of low level racism,my sons school have held 2 emergency assemblies to try to stop the bulling of EAL

A school in Ely wrote a public letter warning parents they were on the verge of calling police, a shop (Romanian) was fire bombed in Norwich

The biggest thing was our local head councillor blocked the Government putting 50 Syrian families in our area, and instead said Norwich would have to take them (The official answer was the climate was not 'ok' for them here)

I see David Davis open letter about how we block free movement and access the single market has been derided on here, so no point going over that...

Beefy

@Jeremy_Hunt
'Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...' Thrilled to be back in the best job in Government.

What a cunt.

So back from my ban, I have not see any other leave voters in this thread for a while, but will have to post carefully as don't want another ban

Few things to catch up....

kicked off in my area and I expected it as my whole area overwhelmingly voted to leave, and TBH if I was a immigrant I would not stay in Norfolk/Lincolnshire (well Norwich looks ok)

Labour held a vigil to show support for immigrants, lots of low level racism,my sons school have held 2 emergency assemblies to try to stop the bulling of EAL

A school in Ely wrote a public letter warning parents they were on the verge of calling police, a shop (Romanian) was fire bombed in Norwich

The biggest thing was our local head councillor blocked the Government putting 50 Syrian families in our area, and instead said Norwich would have to take them (The official answer was the climate was not 'ok' for them here)

I see David Davis open letter about how we block free movement and access the single market has been derided on here, so no point going over that...
Welcome back.

I'm sorry things have got to that level in the country, really sounds awful and I hope it doesn't get worse.

What proposals have there been by politicians to curb the hate crimes? (Condemnation doesn't count).

LayLa

@Jeremy_Hunt
'Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated...' Thrilled to be back in the best job in Government.

What a cunt.

While reports of deaths that were a direct result of him & his party's policies are all too frequent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom