• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJV3

940px-Metric_system_adoption_map.svg.png

Green are metric. How did you not call him a moron there and then.

Myanmar is looking at going metric as well.

Dougald

Green are metric. How did you not call him a moron there and then.

Oh believe me I wanted to, but this is a guy I run into several times a week and it just wasn't worth it

I did at least get him to agree that decimal currency is better. Eventually.

Burai

shitonmychest57

Can't even be bothered to learn a word of English yet he got given an outlet by the loony lefties at the BBC. He brought his whole family and his seal friend (who I am convinced is a homosex) and all the money they make from the hard working British tax payer goes abroad.

It's political correctness gone mad.

Dougald

Insanity.

My dad insists pre-decimal currency was better but I'm sure he only says that because it made more people hire him as an accountant. At least he voted remain

Can't even be bothered to learn a word of English yet he got given an outlet by the loony lefties at the BBC. He brought his whole family and his seal friend (who I am convinced is a homosex) and all the money they make from the hard working British tax payer goes abroad.

It's political correctness gone mad.

I bet the great British public is paying for that Igloo, not to mention the strain on the NHS from all those accidents he got into

Audioboxer

I really think I need to heavily consider emigrating now :-/

Scotland will get independence this time around. Sturgeon is the right leader and Better Together don't stand a chance in the face of Brexit and the lies that were told last time (the Vow and then EU scaremongering). Right now there is still some conservative polling going on because some still live in cuckoo land about Brexit possibilities. The nearer we get to it and the continuing shambles and some of the numpties still wanting to be for the Union will get reality checks.

The exchange rate is crummy for the Brits living in Spain but working in Gib. They all get paid in GBP but most of their expenses are in Euros. Towards the back half of 2015 when the exchange rate was going up, they were loving it - they got a de facto pay rise. Now they've lost some 25-30% of their income.

That said, that part of Spain is cheap as anything to live in and most of the jobs in Gib are relatively well paid (With low, low, lowwww income tax) so it's not like they'll go starving or anything, but still. Woof.

Dougald

Scotland will get independence this time around. Sturgeon is the right leader and Better Together don't stand a chance in the face of Brexit and the lies that were told last time (the Vow and then EU scaremongering). Right now there is still some conservative polling going on because some still live in cuckoo land about Brexit possibilities. The nearer we get to it and the continuing shambles and some of the numpties still wanting to be for the Union will get reality checks.

So you're saying it's time for me to embrace my name and move to Scotland?

If my mother could lose her accent on the way down to London, I ought to be able to do the same on the way up...

PJV3

Now we are leaving the EU can we go back to pumping human BRITISH shit into our rivers and on to our beaches?. Stick your blue flag beach up your arse.

Audioboxer

So you're saying it's time for me to embrace my name and move to Scotland?

If my mother could lose her accent on the way down to London, I ought to be able to do the same on the way up...

Haha. Maybe a little early yet, but hopefully one day in the near future we can embrace a load of English (and maybe some Welsh) coming up North. It'll be great for us if we can get more qualified trade and employees up here. You never know maybe Edinburgh/Glasgow can become business hubs for more organisations.

I'm all for the Labour and Conservative parties up here being forced to cut ties with Westminster. It'll be best in an independent Scotland if we have multiple parties to choose from. Labour and Conservative would be forced to realign with what people up here want, rather than be English-Tory/Labour lite. I'd actually be hugely optimistic about political possibilities in an independent Scotland. I'm not some die hard SNP voter till I die, that is stupid. It's just for now they align much better with my interests than any other options.

Die hard party loyalty is such an American trope. Everyone should be able to be fluid with their politics as to always keep their best interests on the forefront. It's nice to see compassion at times as well and think of the countries best interests, being selfish isn't always the best vote (simply voting just for yourself and not caring about family/children/those less well off than you).

Dougald

Haha. Maybe a little early yet, but hopefully one day in the near future we can embrace a load of English (and maybe some Welsh) coming up North. It'll be great for us if we can get more qualified trade and employees up here. You never know maybe Edinburgh/Glasgow can become business hubs for more organisations.

Ironically my company is actually based in Glasgow, but not my dept

I'll admit my decision would be 90% based on greater availability of Irn Bru, so maybe that's not the best reason to move

Audioboxer

Ironically my company is actually based in Glasgow, but not my dept

I'll admit my decision would be 90% based on greater availability of Irn Bru, so maybe that's not the best reason to move

Hah, I'm not the biggest fan. It's just pure sugar. To be fair though I'm not a big fizzy drinks guy. Still, I'm happy my wee country created it's own soft drink to rather impressive success! Ice cold Irn Bru can help hangovers.

I mean independence scaremongering? Pffft. We'll be rolling in it with Irn Bru export. We'll sell you Whisky on one hand to get you drunk, then Irn Bru on the other for a hangover cure.

TimmmV

Hah, I'm not the biggest fan. It's just pure sugar. To be fair though I'm not a big fizzy drinks guy. Still, I'm happy my wee country created it's own soft drink to rather impressive success! Ice cold Irn Bru can help hangovers.

You seem to think thats a bad thing?

Acorn

I mean independence scaremongering? Pffft. We'll be rolling in it with Irn Bru export. We'll sell you Whisky on one hand to get you drunk, then Irn Bru on the other for a hangover cure.
Only country that coca cola is present and isn't the no 1 soft drink iirc.

Don't totally understand it myself, prefer coke, Fanta and pepsi to irn bru.

Dougald

Only country that coca cola is present and isn't the no 1 soft drink iirc.

Don't totally understand it myself, prefer coke, Fanta and pepsi to irn bru.

Heathens, and you call yourselves Scottish? I think we just discovered how to determine nationality after IndyRef #2

Acorn

Heathens, and you call yourselves Scottish? I think we just discovered how to determine nationality after IndyRef #2
Lol
Its weird my cousin was born here and moved to New York when she was 4 or 5 because my uncle got work there, she was obsessed with Irn Bru whenever she came back. Bringing back another suitcase full and stuff.

She moved back here for Uni and subsequently stayed and I haven't seen her touch irn bru in the 10ish years since. I think people that can't get it crave it more than us.

Although Barr has stepped up exports in recent years so who knows.

Dougald

Lol
Its weird my cousin was born here and moved to New York when she was 4 or 5 because my uncle got work there, she was obsessed with Irn Bru whenever she came back. Bringing back another suitcase full and stuff.

She moved back here for Uni and subsequently stayed and I haven't seen her touch irn bru in the 10ish years since. I think people that can't get it crave it more than us.

Although Barr has stepped up exports in recent years so who knows.

You're probably right, half the reason I like it is because it's still so hard to find down South. I feel the same way about Tizer

Audioboxer

You seem to think thats a bad thing?

lol.

Have you seen the average set of Scottish teeth? The English get a hard time given the stereotype is largely aimed at them!

I've got pretty decent looking teeth and after needing some fillings as a young one and recently having them redone as white, I'm damn well looking after them :p

Audioboxer

Irn Bru is god's drink.

You'll all change your tune when liking Irn Bru is on the citizenship test

Indyref2 should be restricted to Irn-Bru voters. Good way to weed out Unionists and largely target the raving Nationalists who <3 everything Scottish :p

1. Do you think Irn-Bru is the best drink ever? YES/NO
2. Do you give a shit about the Queen? YES/NO
3. Do you want independence? YES/NO

Only YES/NO votes on the first two questions allow the final question to count. Scotland votes 95% in favour of independence. Yay.

Tuffty

Oh my God.

Brexit-GAF's jokes about the strawberry fields are turning real, aren't they?

British strawberries picked by the finest British hands without pesky EU subventions. I'm sure Leadsom's children and grandchildren will have a grand old time working a 40 hr shift in the fields on a fruit picking apprenticeship. And on their £3.30 an hour wage, they can buy all the things kids like, such as Pokemon cards.

Seen a few 'make people on benefits do it' tweets already.

Burai

shitonmychest57
Oh my God.

Brexit-GAF's jokes about the strawberry fields are turning real, aren't they?

Do you think we were joking?

Reclaiming the fruit picking jobs from seasonal EU workers was something Brexiteers were calling for before the referendum.

Leadsome's idea is pure ideology over sense. Why let the foreigners come over here and drive wages down when we can just employ children and drive wages down that way instead?

Oh, and having shown that to my Latvian partner who spent a summer here picking strawberries when she was in college, she replied "I was happier picking flowers in Holland, they pay more, were nicer to me and the weather is nicer."

Odds on the Lib Dems taking Cameron's old seat have shortened to 8/1. Probably the best news that can be taken from May's hard Brexit decision.

If anything can embarrass May and deliver a blow to the high-flying Brexit camp, losing the ultra-safe Witney to pesky liberals would do it!

Hammond has also chucked out the whole "we need to get the deficit in order" thing, too, which is amusing. Maybe if we didn't leave the EU, he could focus on the economy, hmm?

At first I thought May was setting up the three Brexiteers to quickly fail. But then for some unknown reason she announced Grammer Schools and now this conference and I'm worried its not a joke and she is a barmy as the rest of the tories.

PJV3

At first I thought May was setting up the three Brexiteers to quickly fail. But then for some unknown reason she announced Grammer Schools and now this conference and I'm worried its not a joke and she is a barmy as the rest of the tories.

The government, the opposition and most of the press are pro Brexit, may as well go with the flow over the edge.

Acorn

British strawberries picked by the finest British hands without pesky EU subventions. I'm sure Leadsom's children and grandchildren will have a grand old time working a 40 hr shift in the fields on a fruit picking apprenticeship. And on their £3.30 an hour wage, they can buy all the things kids like, such as Pokemon cards.

Seen a few 'make people on benefits do it' tweets already.
Fucking right wingers. Get a job! no jobs, okay we'll create a job and pay you nothing! Yayyyy

If there is a fucking job give it to them with minimum wage instead of exploiting them for free labour courtesy of the tax payer. Cunts, i wish everyone of them the experience of losing your job and dealing with the dwp.

jelly

The other was the watering down of plans to reduce the harm junk food for kids in advertising etc. It's kinda funny since she has diabetes. Corporate puppet over all else eh. Suppose she has no soul anyway.

Acorn

The other was the watering down of plans to reduce the harm junk food for kids in advertising etc. It's kinda funny since she has diabetes. Corporate puppet over all else eh. Suppose she has no soul anyway.
She's a tory and looks like thatcher. Of course she has no soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom