• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidDesu

I don't think Scotland will leave and I think things will eventually calm down, but someone who likes pigs less would have foreseen unnecessary risks that he would be entirely to blame for.

I wouldn't be so sure. I voted Yes last time and I am very nervous about another vote so soon, but if it goes ahead the Yes side has so much ammunition from the first referendum, and the starting points are so vastly different that it's very possible to get that 5% or so shift to make it happen.

So many of the things the No campaign used have turned out to be completely wrong. Vote No to protect your place in the EU. Don't leave, lead the UK (get ignored and patronised by the Tories unendingly, beginning about 5 minutes after the result came through with Cameron announcing EVEL), protect ship yard contracts from the military, ship yard contracts put on indefinite hold anyway...

And the big one being the currency... Not sure we'd want to keep the British pound now lol.

I think most people in Scotland are aghast we're going to be dragged out of the EU, with a harder and harder Brexit seemingly the way the Tories want it. We have ONE Tory MP in Scotland, we voted 62% (or slightly higher, forget the figure) to remain (every single region!) and yet we're dragged out because UK wide Brexit won by a couple of percent... I think when we go into a campaign this time it's from a very different starting point. Saving our interests and the things we take for granted (NOT Human Rights as decided by the Tories for instance) will really shape the next referendum.

We saw a huge swing towards independence during the first one (30-45%), expect it very likely we will see that again. As we now see, nothing should be taken for granted, who honestly thought we'd even be discussing all this right now?

Audioboxer

I wouldn't be so sure. I voted Yes last time and I am very nervous about another vote so soon, but if it goes ahead the Yes side has so much ammunition from the first referendum, and the starting points are so vastly different that it's very possible to get that 5% or so shift to make it happen.

So many of the things the No campaign used have turned out to be completely wrong. Vote No to protect your place in the EU. Don't leave, lead the UK (get ignored and patronised by the Tories unendingly, beginning about 5 minutes after the result came through with Cameron announcing EVEL), protect ship yard contracts from the military, ship yard contracts put on indefinite hold anyway...

And the big one being the currency... Not sure we'd want to keep the British pound now lol.

I think most people in Scotland are aghast we're going to be dragged out of the EU, with a harder and harder Brexit seemingly the way the Tories want it. We have ONE Tory MP in Scotland, we voted 62% (or slightly higher, forget the figure) to remain (every single region!) and yet we're dragged out because UK wide Brexit won by a couple of percent... I think when we go into a campaign this time it's from a very different starting point. Saving our interests and the things we take for granted (NOT Human Rights as decided by the Tories for instance) will really shape the next referendum.

We saw a huge swing towards independence during the first one (30-45%), expect it very likely we will see that again. As we now see, nothing should be taken for granted, who honestly thought we'd even be discussing all this right now?

Yeah, building from around 45% PRE-campaigning with the disaster that is unfolding that is Brexit is the most precarious the UK has ever been.

Remember it was fucking SALMOND who managed that swing last time as well. Routinely hated and mocked from all sides. Sturgeon is much better, and while she isn't winning over any die hard Unionists there is enough anecdotal evidence that the 55% who voted NO can't all be dismissed as diehards. Heck there is even GAFers who were NO last time and are YES this time (or at least open to saying YES).

Right now there is some still giving May and the Tories the benefit of the doubt, we'll see how long that goodwill takes to be eroded. Mix in Labour offering no competition to the Tories and the vote for Scottish independence almost becomes "Do you want your future to be Tory blue for the next 10 years?".

Maledict

Trust in polls over anecdotal evidence.

Personally, I'm as shocked as anyone, but the really hasn't been a huge surge in a support for independence following Brexit, and we've seen enough polls now to not be able to write that off. Clearly there are people who voted yes to Europe and no to independence. But it doesn't seem like there's that many who are shifting at the moment, despite what we see on GaF (but bearing in mind polls on gaf showed independence winning anyways).

Nicktendo86

NS's personal favourability ratings have been going down since the EU ref, there could be a reversal in an upcoming poll of course but suggests to me that most people are tired of the endless indy debates and want her to just get on with the job of running Scotland. Just my opinion anyway.

Still not heard a conclusive argument as to why the EU is more important to Scotland than the UK yet either, considering four times as much exports go to the rUK than the EU.

Maledict said:
Clearly there are people who voted yes to Europe and no to independence. But it doesn't seem like there's that many who are shifting at the moment, despite what we see on GaF

GAF is a terrible barometer for what is actually going on. If we believed GAF we would think the population of the UK are wondering around in a state of constant mourning due to the EU ref whilst this Ipsos Mori poll from yesterday claims we are the most optimistic country in Europe in terms of where we are heading:

Britons are relatively positive about the direction the country is headed in, with 44% saying they think things are going in the right direction. This is slightly above the global average, and the most optimistic response out of the European countries in the study, the US, Australia and Japan. This is also a significant improvement on a low point in July when only 31% said the country was going in the right direction, immediately after the EU Referendum.

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/research...s-Britons-most-worried-about-immigration.aspx

Audioboxer

NS's personal favourability ratings have been going down since the EU ref, there could be a reversal in an upcoming poll of course but suggests to me that most people are tired of the endless indy debates and want her to just get on with the job of running Scotland. Just my opinion anyway.

Still not heard a conclusive argument as to why the EU is more important to Scotland than the UK yet either, considering four times as much exports go to the rUK than the EU.

A hard Brexit that involves leaving the single market and being pissy about free movement is not good for anyone. rUK included.

GAF is a terrible barometer for what is actually going on. If we believed GAF we would think the population of the UK are wondering around in a state of constant mourning due to the EU ref whilst this Ipsos Mori poll from yesterday claims we are the most optimistic country in Europe in terms of where we are heading:

https://www.ipsos-mori.com/research...s-Britons-most-worried-about-immigration.aspx

Aye, cause a decent chunk of the UK are DM reading, immigrant hating bigots.

DavidDesu

Yeah, building from around 45% PRE-campaigning with the disaster that is unfolding that is Brexit is the most precarious the UK has ever been.

Remember it was fucking SALMOND who managed that swing last time as well. Routinely hated and mocked from all sides. Sturgeon is much better, and while she isn't winning over any die hard Unionists there is enough anecdotal evidence that the 55% who voted NO can't all be dismissed as diehards. Heck there is even GAFers who were NO last time and are YES this time (or at least open to saying YES).

You can assume nearly all the Yes voters (45%) voted to stay, so there's an extra 17% who probably voted No who could be open to switching this time around. Convince half of them and it's going to happen. I see it happening but I don't dare get my hopes up. It was one hell of a punch in the gut when the last referendum result came in (well the last two referendums lol).

Audioboxer

You can assume nearly all the Yes voters (45%) voted to stay, so there's an extra 17% who probably voted No who could be open to switching this time around. Convince half of them and it's going to happen. I see it happening but I don't dare get my hopes up. It was one hell of a punch in the gut when the last referendum result came in (well the last two referendums lol).

It's not really that easy to draw conclusions between Scottish independence and the EU. Some just can't stomach the UK being broke up, but most certainly didn't want to leave the EU. Then you have my parents who voted to go independent, but voted to leave the EU as well.

Well that's your opinion, we will see what will happen I guess.

Obviously, I'm just saying to you people have their own "conclusive" reasons.

I just don't get the need to resort to this.

Deal with it, there was open bigotry on the TV and in interviews, and increases in racial hate crime. It's ugly but burying your head in the sand serves no purpose. I'm resorting to calling people what they are, said people are resorting to violence and hate. Maybe best to tell THEM there is no need to resort to that. I'm not causing anyone any harm, if anything I'm standing up for minorities being used as a battering ram of blame for the UKs own problems.

Plus the Daily Mail is the Daily Mail. If it's your source of news you are a dubious character at best.

Nicktendo86

Deal with it, there was open bigotry on the TV and in interviews, and increases in racial hate crime. It's ugly but burying your head in the sand serves no purpose. I'm resorting to calling people what they are, said people are resorting to violence and hate. Maybe best to tell THEM there is no need to resort to that.

The referendum was divisive and got ugly at times but I think we need to wait and see what has actually happened, reported hate crimes have gone up but that's not necessarily the same as an actual rise in incidents, could be down to increased awareness of reporting for example. Not trying to bury my head in the sand or deny a problem here, and obviously any example of a hate crime is deplorable, but I'm not ready to write off a chuck of the population as bigots.

All in all I just don't think there is a massive appetite out there to re-run more referendums and go over all the arguments again.

Nicktendo86

In other news, Kate Hoey has put herself forward as chair of the Brexit select committee. Will be an interesting fight between her and Benn.

Audioboxer

The referendum was divisive and got ugly at times but I think we need to wait and see what has actually happened, reported hate crimes have gone up but that's not necessarily the same as an actual rise in incidents, could be down to increased awareness of reporting for example. Not trying to bury my head in the sand or deny a problem here, and obviously any example of a hate crime is deplorable, but I'm not ready to write off a chuck of the population as bigots.

All in all I just don't think there is a massive appetite out there to re-run more referendums and go over all the arguments again.

Even if you don't want Scotland to have another referendum you should at least be able to admit two things in support of it

1) In 2014 Better Together heavily leaned on Scotland voting NO to stay in the UK and stay in the EU. Blame Cameron for arsing this up a mere 2 years later, but we are where we are now.

2) 62% of Scotland did vote remain, and yes while we are in the UK that doesn't mean much as we have to go along with the UK result. However as independence is a potential chance to allow that 62% to be honored over a decision this large why is it unimaginable to put it (indyref2) forward as a potential? Unlike silly arguments about London becoming independent due to Brexit Scotland does actually have a possibility to do it.

I mean to elaborate on point 2, it's not as if the UK has voted to change the traffic light colours and Scotland is saying right, time for indyref2. The EU vote is probably one of the largest votes to have hit the UK in most of our lifetimes. There is a lot of principals behind this vote as well, not just cold hard numbers and what the analysts are saying. Many don't want to follow the rhetoric of the Leave campaign with their anti-immigrant stances and attack on doctors in the NHS for being "brown".

Sometimes it's hard to blame people for wanting to vote with their heart over their head. Sure in 95% of the cases you need to vote with your head as to be sensible about the economy and so forth, but there are times where you want to stick up for humane principals even if it means more hard work and uncertainty in the short term. Brexit is not that, the EU was painted as a bogeyman it really is not. As were immigrants. Taking back control in this campaign suggested the EU and immigrants do something horrendous to the UK. They don't. The Conservatives are the ones refusing to finance public services and the NHS. They are the ones also choosing inhumane private companies to handle benefits.

Not only does the UK face Brexit, but it faces a short to mid term future of constant Tory reign. To not give some Scots leeway to voting with their heart to try and avoid both of those things is to either be sadistic and want to drag us along because damn anyone escaping that isn't yourself! Or to not think it a big deal we face Brexit and Tory reign. Which is fine if you support both, but many don't want to and will urge our (Scottish) government to support all options. All means all.

This really isn't a case of holding constant referendums to get your way, even if it's a nice parcel to tie criticism up in to aim at the SNP. There are genuine reasons of concern to consider cutting ties, and as I sarcastically hinted at above this is not potentially holding a referendum over a change of light bulb colours in traffic lights. There are pathetic reasons to suggest a country holding an independence referendum, that may well be fine to criticize as going at it to try and force a result, this is not one of those cases no matter how badly Unionists want to dismiss the SNP for drafting up a bill as an option. I'll finish with it again, aim your ire at Cameron and the Conservatives for a mere 2 years ago harping on about how important the EU was and that Scotland should vote for EU certainty, then leading the country to leaving the EU and Cameron having to step down. Scotland showed that a good portion of those that voted NO in 2014 came out to vote REMAIN with Brexit. As in they believed in what the UK government told them in 2014.

Tak3n

Banned
OT but the PM's decision to allow Goverment ministers to express their own views over airport expansion next week, almost certainly means it is Heathrow.... this would of been done to avoid resignations

DavidDesu

Even if you don't want Scotland to have another referendum you should at least be able to admit two things in support of it

1) In 2014 Better Together heavily leaned on Scotland voting NO to stay in the UK and stay in the EU. Blame Cameron for arsing this up a mere 2 years later, but we are where we are now.

2) 62% of Scotland did vote remain, and yes while we are in the UK that doesn't mean much as we have to go along with the UK result. However as independence is a potential chance to allow that 62% to be honored over a decision this large why is it unimaginable to put it (indyref2) forward as a potential? Unlike silly arguments about London becoming independent due to Brexit Scotland does actually have a possibility to do it.

I mean to elaborate on point 2, it's not as if the UK has voted to change the traffic light colours and Scotland is saying right, time for indyref2. The EU vote is probably one of the largest votes to have hit the UK in most of our lifetimes. There is a lot of principals behind this vote as well, not just cold hard numbers and what the analysts are saying. Many don't want to follow the rhetoric of the Leave campaign with their anti-immigrant stances and attack on doctors in the NHS for being "brown".

Sometimes it's hard to blame people for wanting to vote with their heart over their head. Sure in 95% of the cases you need to vote with your head as to be sensible about the economy and so forth, but there are times where you want to stick up for humane principals even if it means more hard work and uncertainty in the short term. Brexit is not that, the EU was painted as a bogeyman it really is not. As were immigrants. Taking back control in this campaign suggested the EU and immigrants do something horrendous to the UK. They don't. The Conservatives are the ones refusing to finance public services and the NHS. They are the ones also choosing inhumane private companies to handle benefits.

Not only does the UK face Brexit, but it faces a short to mid term future of constant Tory reign. To not give some Scots leeway to voting with their heart to try and avoid both of those things is to either be sadistic and want to drag us along because damn anyone escaping that isn't yourself! Or to not think it a big deal we face Brexit and Tory reign. Which is fine if you support both, but many don't want to and will urge our (Scottish) government to support all options. All means all.

This really isn't a case of holding constant referendums to get your way, even if it's a nice parcel to tie criticism up in to aim at the SNP. There are genuine reasons of concern to consider cutting ties, and as I sarcastically hinted at above this is not potentially holding a referendum over a change of light bulb colours in traffic lights. There are pathetic reasons to suggest a country holding an independence referendum, that may well be fine to criticize as going at it to try and force a result, this is not one of those cases no matter how badly Unionists want to dismiss the SNP for drafting up a bill as an option. I'll finish with it again, aim your ire at Cameron and the Conservatives for a mere 2 years ago harping on about how important the EU was and that Scotland should vote for EU certainty, then leading the country to leaving the EU and Cameron having to step down. Scotland showed that a good portion of those that voted NO in 2014 came out to vote REMAIN with Brexit. As in they believed in what the UK government told them in 2014.

I could basically bold the whole thing to be honest. Excellent. Those dismissing another referendum are either ignorant or wilfully dismissive of basic democratic principle and that this supposed union is meant to be an equally cooperative one, not one where the bigger entity always gets its way and the smaller ones just get dragged along for the ride, even when it's clearly against the wishes of a vast majority of its citizenship!

I still feel furious about the Brexit vote. Whatever career I choose, I'm fucked in the worst case scenarios because the careers I have in mind are either funded by the EU or opportunities and lifestyle are much better in Europe anyway. Also call me selfish or a 'traitor' as the Daily Mail says, but I've had hopes of living and working in Europe for a couple of years now and Brexit has utterly ruined those hopes (Berlin is a better place to live for a young person especially with London's declining nightlife, and housing is somewhat cheaper). It's understandable to hope for a better life, but it's very hard not to be tempted to direct that anger onto individual Leave voters even with that understanding. I especially despise Cameron, Gove, Fox, Johnson and May for their actions. Fuck this! Maybe I should go to a bar,get drunk and talk to girls to try and forget about all this

Tuffty

Somewhat ironic the UK may be forced to increase its payments into the EU budget due to the pound's crash.

It'll only make those voices who want a hard Brexit right now even louder.

If the devaluation of the Pound is such a good thing for exports and tourism then how come the Leave campaign didn't slap it on the side of a bus?

I'm surprised one of the three Brexiteers hasn't gone full Harold Wilson and claimed that the pound in your pocket isn't devalued by Brexit.

The most depressing thing is that Hard Brexit won't even make leavers happy.

People who didn't give a shit about the difference between 350M and 160M aren't going to be impressed by a cut in immigration from 330K to 190K (assuming that we somehow stopped 100% of EU immigration, when the actual reduction will be much less)..

Both numbers will be interpreted as unacceptably high.

Maledict

To be fair, that is a valid criticsm of the response the remain campaign gave to that ludicrous claim. You cannot win when arguing over the size of the hundreds of millions you give to Europe - remain ceded the argument from the very start by doing that.

Remain should have rejected the premise of the point - rather than quibbling over size.

Should I bother volunteering with Open Britain to try and stop Hard Brexit? Trying to fight it seems hopeless right now, so I don't think I should waste my time.

Burai

shitonmychest57
It'll only make those voices who want a hard Brexit right now even louder.

If the devaluation of the Pound is such a good thing for exports and tourism then how come the Leave campaign didn't slap it on the side of a bus?

Tourism? Bally work experience more like. And they stay 300 to a hotel. And the Big Ben tea towels go straight back home.

Bloody scroungers.

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Should I bother volunteering with Open Britain to try and stop Hard Brexit? Trying to fight it seems hopeless right now, so I don't think I should waste my time.

I dunno, it feels like momentum of public opinion is on the other side. That feels like why pro-Brexit rags have recently felt the need to desperately, and pathetically, cry out "remainers won't take our democracy!" at every opportunity.

"I'd rather follow that lying cunt Boris over level-headed Remainers", as was posted in the Telegraph
(I might be paraphrasing)

Audioboxer

Do everything and anything you can. Just have a depressingly realistic outlook at the chances of May and the Tories giving a shit about anything other than self-serving decision making.

jelly

I'm surprised one of the three Brexiteers hasn't gone full Harold Wilson and claimed that the pound in your pocket isn't devalued by Brexit.

The most depressing thing is that Hard Brexit won't even make leavers happy.

People who didn't give a shit about the difference between 350M and 160M aren't going to be impressed by a cut in immigration from 330K to 190K (assuming that we somehow stopped 100% of EU immigration, when the actual reduction will be much less)..

Both numbers will be interpreted as unacceptably high.

The funny thing is they probably have more of a problem with non EU migration which the government has no intention of doing anything about now or before Brexit. If they curb EU migration, non EU migration needs to pick up the slack and I'm sure Brexit voters against migration will love those migrants for some reason or likely not. What countries will non EU migrants come from. Will Brexit voters prefer Polish, Spanish, Greek, Italian immigrants or Arab, Indian, African, Pakastani, Australian, Canadian, American etc. I somehow doubt it because it's far easier to hate the obviously different, skin colour, clothing etc.

Burai

shitonmychest57
The funny thing is they probably have more of a problem with non EU migration which the government has no intention of doing anything about now or before Brexit. If they curb EU migration, non EU migration needs to pick up the slack and I'm sure Brexit voters against migration will love those migrants for some reason or likely not. What countries will non EU migrants come from. Will Brexit voters prefer Polish, Spanish, Greek, Italian immigrants or Arab, Indian, African, Pakastani, Australian, Canadian, American etc. I somehow doubt it because it's far easier to hate the obviously different, skin colour, clothing etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-37306646

Immigration is the topic that comes up time and time again when I talk to the people of Brexit Street. At the local social club, Colin, an HGV driver, and his friend John, who maintains aircraft for a living, are having a pint together in the sunshine. Both men work regularly in Europe.

"You only have to stand here five minutes and you'll see loads of them," grumbles Colin, nodding at two North African asylum seekers who are walking past.

"They do nothing all day and they get it all for free… whereas we have to go to work and we are getting less and less." John cuts across him.

"We should get out of the EU and close the tunnel!" he growls. Both men are surprised when I point out that asylum seekers are not allowed to work while they are waiting for their claims to be processed.

These men voted to leave the EU because of North African asylum seekers.

SKINNER!

Banned
I still feel furious about the Brexit vote. Whatever career I choose, I'm fucked in the worst case scenarios because the careers I have in mind are either funded by the EU or opportunities and lifestyle are much better in Europe anyway. Also call me selfish or a 'traitor' as the Daily Mail says, but I've had hopes of living and working in Europe for a couple of years now and Brexit has utterly ruined those hopes (Berlin is a better place to live for a young person especially with London's declining nightlife, and housing is somewhat cheaper).

You're sounding like such a pessimist. Yes Brexit fucked shit up but that doesn't mean you gotta just put up with it. You wanna work abroad? Then plant the seeds and get it done. Yes, it would be slightly more difficult but the UK didn't practically lock you down and force you to stay. You're a free man. If opportunities are better elsewhere then go for it. You're not a "traitor" no matter who says it. You gotta look out for yourself and - quite frankly - if the UK isn't providing you with a decent job/pay/opportunities then you're at liberty to go elsewhere.The country fucked it all up. Not you. Berlin sounds good? then go for it for a couple years. After that, if you feel at home in Berlin then find out how to become a citizen. Learn German. Integrate, Enjoy currywurst and Kraftwerk, assimilate the culture and then forfeit your UK citizenship. Still wanna come back to the UK instead? Well, hope that things were a lot better than when you left. Point is, you have valuable skills that would probably be more beneficial for you outside of the UK then inside.

Hmm, this sounds a lot like immigration...oh wai-
How the tables have turned UK.

Short of you being a Time Lord and start working on it like 20 years ago, I don't think there's any way for you to actually do that.

Better work for a prosperous future in the UK or getting the tools you'll need to move out in case it turns to shit.

Beefy

@LordStras

Been to Witney. We're doing well. Back into the #IPBill fray tomorrow trying to stop Govt attempt to weaken encryption 😡

Acorn

I'd say it's a massive waste of time since the tories aren't likely to listen to anyone.

But I've been wrong before.

jelly

@LordStras

Been to Witney. We're doing well. Back into the #IPBill fray tomorrow trying to stop Govt attempt to weaken encryption 😡

I wouldn't worry about the encryption thing, that's just fairytale nonsense that some technology illiterate person comes up with that has no chance of being implemented in reality. Honestly it's probably the same for forcing ISPs to hold onto data, will they fuck out of their own pocket and the government won't pony up for them. Stalemate.

Acorn

I wouldn't worry about the encryption thing, that's just fairytale nonsense that some technology illiterate person comes up with that has no chance of being implemented in reality. Honestly it's probably the same for forcing ISPs to hold onto data, will they fuck out of their own pocket and the government won't pony up for them. Stalemate.
I agree on encryption not on browsing history. It's a neat way for ISPs to exclude themselves from copyright nonsense.

jelly

I agree on encryption not on browsing history. It's a neat way for ISPs to exclude themselves from copyright nonsense.

I don't think the costs of keeping that data are worth it at all to ISPs.

Copyright infringement is just a reality the world needs to live with and clamp down on as best they can. Keeping all that information is not justified to achieve that. They manage perfectly fine as is. They block torrent sites etc. prosecute the big fish. Yes, you can get around it but unless you want to go all 1984, it's not a problem that can be stamped out and worth tackling. Piracy has a small impact on copyright material. It's control for no good reason. They have the right tools and know how to keep it small fry among the general population. Why they haven't banned Kodi boxes with illegal streaming apps and Plez servers I don't know. It's there in plain sight and that's the easy stuff they should nip in the bud that the masses are more likely to use and have a bigger negative impact on copyright material. The rest is just people who will never pay for anything and a hard niche to the masses. Why burn the forest down to find a needle.

Theonik

Why they haven't banned Kodi boxes with illegal streaming apps and Plex servers I don't know. It's there in plain sight and that's the easy stuff they should nip in the bud that the masses are more likely to use and have a bigger negative impact on copyright material. The rest is just people who will never pay for anything and a hard niche to the masses. Why burn the forest down to find a needle.
What

Lucreto

They really think they will sell that much Bushmills?

Most of the products mentioned are done better in other countries. Beef for example. Irish beef it known to be premium tier meat. Will they try and market it the same or a lower tier meat.

oti

Banned
When I think British grocery products I think orange marmalade, tea (I guess, I like tea but I don't care where it comes from) and shortbread.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
Tea isn't grown anywhere in the EU. The falling Pound will sadly have an effect on its price, but technically speaking it's not a British grocery product anymore than bananas similarly imported from former Realms.

Seems odd to talk about it in regards to the EU. Yes, tea is big British business, but really as far as I can tell the British packaging won't be much of a marketing chip for a foreign good the EU can get other ways, nor can the EU cause problems regarding its access.

The tea will be fine, but I don't see the EU caring about keeping British brands...

Northern Irish whiskey is known worldwide? I'm just a ferry away and never heard of a single brand.

Definitely just worded like that to include every constituent country, but when one has less than 2 million residents and similar foodstuffs it's a bit harder.

I was thinking Scottish whiskey.

I wouldn't be so sure.

I know, it could be very, very, very close at best for the Union. That's why a referendum is so scary right now.

The UK is too important and I hope Hard Brexiters realise that it's hanging on by a thread, it's been that way for years, and a Hard Brexit could finish it. I really, really don't want to see that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom