• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

Posted this in the other thread, but it's more to about the EU.

Theresa May has described how her faith in God makes her convinced she is “doing the right thing” as Prime Minister.

In a rare interview – in which she said the “hugely challenging” task of Brexit leaves her with little time for sleep – Ms May opened up about her Christian beliefs.

She replied: “It's about, 'Are you doing the right thing?' If you know you are doing the right thing, you have the confidence, the energy to go and deliver that right message.”

Asked if that was a “moral” approach, Ms May added: “I suppose there is something in terms of faith.

“I am a practising member of the Church of England and so forth, that lies behind what I do.

“It's not like I've decided to do what I'm going to do and I'm stubborn. I'll think it through, have a gut instinct, look at the evidence, work through the arguments, because you have to think through the unintended consequences.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...in-she-is-doing-the-right-thing-a7442616.html

God is helping us don't worry. /s
The almighty power of The Jesus.

theaface

“It's not like I've decided to do what I'm going to do and I'm stubborn"

Actually, that is what it's like. That's exactly what it's like. When any metric tells you that your current course of action is a bad idea with dire consequences but you press on regardless, that's the very embodiment of being stubborn.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Undoubtedly done on purpose but no way of knowing the motivations behind leaking it. Also says on there "We think it's unlikely we'll be offered single market" and "Canada Plus"

The-Thick-Of-It.png

This is exactly what I thought of when I read the story this morning!

Malcolm Tucker is real.

jelly

Ha,

@johnestevens
Ukip says its official policy is now to reject the Article 50 process​

@johnestevens
Ukip's new Brexit spokesman @GerardBattenMEP on why Britain should forget Article 50 process and just leave
b8EGo17.jpg

BigAl1992

Ha,

@johnestevens
Ukip says its official policy is now to reject the Article 50 process​

@johnestevens
Ukip's new Brexit spokesman @GerardBattenMEP on why Britain should forget Article 50 process and just leave
b8EGo17.jpg

They want to walk off the cliff faster, fine. Go right ahead. Because I am done with this.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
UKIP had to raise the stakes because Tories were stealing all the Brexit thunder after they moved towards hard brexit. It's drag racing off the cliff.

Dougald

UKIP saying the Norway/Swiss option is now terrible, when Farage was running around before the referendum talking it up as how we can have our cake and eat it

PJV3

UKIP are insane, how does repealing the 72 act put them in the driving seat with the EU?

It's like holding a gun against your own head.

They are, and they're uniformly blithering charlatans. The amount of times any of them get near a councillor's seat, let alone an MP seat, and fuck it up with total ignorance, prejudice or plain inability to function is astounding. They're an expression of incoherent rage.

Uzzy

Tusk's response to a Tory letter complaining about an unwillingness to negotiate on the rights of UK citizens in the EU is something to behold.

Donald Tusk has accused dozens of Conservative MPs of making an argument that “has nothing to do with reality” in an astonishing row over the rights of EU citizens living in the UK and British people living overseas.

I said earlier in the year that our politicians should have put this point to bed instantly. We should have guaranteed the rights of EU citizens in the UK, even without the same guarantee from the EU. It's inhumane to use them as a bargaining chip.

Tusk's response to a Tory letter complaining about an unwillingness to negotiate on the rights of UK citizens in the EU is something to behold.

I said earlier in the year that our politicians should have put this point to bed instantly. We should have guaranteed the rights of EU citizens in the UK, even without the same guarantee from the EU. It's inhumane to use them as a bargaining chip.

That's quite the put down...

As a UK citizen living in the r27 EU. Fuck off you Tory cunts, I am not your political pawn for scoring points. You are the ones who are threatening my EU residence and rights with Brexit.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
it's not even a convincing bluff. You'd be looking at displacing millions of people and threatening god knows how much business all over Europe.

Lucreto

Welsh UKIP politician suggests Ireland could access EU funds for Welsh motorway works

A UKIP member of the Welsh Assembly has asked the country's First Minister if Ireland could fund part of the cost of a Welsh motorway improvement scheme after Brexit.

Speaking in the Assembly this afternoon, Assembly Member David Rowlands asked: "Will the First Minister explore the possibility of part of the cost for the M4 improvement scheme being borne by the Irish Government, given that three quarters of all Irish exports to the EU and UK pass along that road?"

First Minister Carwyn Jones swiftly denied the possibility, saying it is the Welsh Government's responsibility to maintain Welsh roads.

Mr Jones elaborated: "Well... the member seems to be urging on me that I should urge the Irish Government to apply for European funding to pay for Welsh roads.

"He has been a member of a party - and indeed campaigned in June - to end European funding for Welsh roads. He cannot, I suggest, now go to an EU member state and ask them to make up the shortfall that he himself campaigned to engineer in the first place."
http://www.newstalk.com/Welsh-UKIP-...ould-access-EU-funds-for-Welsh-motorway-works

He wants his cake and eat it too.

Burai

shitonmychest57
UKIP are insane, how does repealing the 72 act put them in the driving seat with the EU?

It's like holding a gun against your own head.

It's the same logic that expats in Spain use when they run out of money so leave their villa keys at the property managers desk and flee the country.

Except even they aren't stupid enough to do that whilst needing to negotiate a trade deal later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom