• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
I think the representation of what she pushed for in terms of surveillance in this thread is a little exaggerated, but it is the aspect of May that I like the least.

Crispy75

This reminds me that I absolutely hate having to travel from Heathrow to the City for work (even if that only happens three or four times per year). Given that I'm mostly flown by companies that have their European HQ there, Brexit may put an end to that miserable commute.

Crossrail will make that much more pleasant. It opens in 2018.

Oh.

EGM1966

May is going to win isn't she. :(

Seems the best of the bunch in current circumstances. I'm not for her policies or style at all but there's no one else better to replace Cameron from that particularly party in the wake of Brexit. God forbid its the blonde fanny hound or Gove or some weakling thrown forward to get mown under article 50 and spat out.

Desperate times politically. TBH though UK politics has been awash with weak/mediocre or unappealing senior officials for years. You always feel you're trying to find the least awful vs identifying the best for the job.

Beefy

Seems the best of the bunch in current circumstances. I'm not for her policies or style at all but there's no one else better to replace Cameron from that particularly party in the wake of Brexit. God forbid its the blonde fanny hound or Gove or some weakling thrown forward to get mown under article 50 and spat out.

Desperate times politically. TBH though UK politics has been awash with weak/mediocre or unappealing senior officials for years. You always feel you're trying to find the least awful vs identifying the best for the job.

Ah being nice to her already, just in case she is watching..

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I saw some posting of the Colbert segment, so I'll throw the Sam Bee bit in on top of that which I enjoyed, she dedicated 2 much longer segments of her show to it, including a David Tennant appearance, and going in on the xenophobia campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nTrs-HuuUc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r5P1z4OWWo

Wonder what finally got Tak3n got.

I'm posting YouTube comments on NeoGAF because I'm that much of a cunt.

Tv8hV4W.png

Nothing will ever work on hardcore Leave supporters because any fallout will be a direct consequence of the Globalist Cabal.

AHA-Lambda

idk part of me wants Boris to take ownership of his own mess, and there's the part where he actually didn't want brexit that kind of works in his favour right now for negotiations

He's cutting this fine though, makes me think he's not going to run =/

idk part of me wants Boris to take ownership of his own mess, and there's the part where he actually didn't want brexit that kind of works in his favour right now for negotiations

Yes his track record for lying and selling people out proves that he has the negotiating skills needed to work on any trade deals. Let's just hope he is bored of lying to us and selling us out.

liquidtmd

Banned

The fact he's said fuck all apart from his brief newspaper column of gibberish and his speech last Friday saying 'We loved you dave' is absolutely mind blowing

We could have a situation where leading the Tories we have a leave campaigner secretly in favour of remaining and leading the Labour party a remain campaigner secretly in favour of Brexit. This country is fucked.

"At last, we will have a woman in charge of one of our major political parties!"

Not sure anyone is really opposed to the idea but depending on who you ask, Thatcher didn't work out so well...

"She'll unite the country! Freedom and Liberty!"

The generation born with all the information they could dream of at their fingertips but they can't be fucked to access it.

klonere

Banned
I'm posting YouTube comments on NeoGAF because I'm that much of a cunt.

Nothing will ever work on hardcore Leave supporters because any fallout will be a direct consequence of the Globalist Cabal.

I'm wondering who else these people against the Globalist Cabal have as allies. North Korea? Turkey? Belarus? Russia?

mclem

Oh, and:

Conservative MP Nigel Evans, a supporter of Boris Johnson, agrees with the assessment that the former London mayor had been stabbed in the front and the back by Theresa May and Michael Gove.

"It makes the House of Cards look like Teletubbies," he tells the BBC.

He says he believes Mrs May will top the poll in the first round, and it "looks a bit messy" on the Leave side.

"I'm a bit disappointed that Michael Gove has made this eleventh hour decision to stab Boris in the front," he adds.

Surely Gove stabbed Boris in the back, May in the front?

klonere

Banned
"At last, we will have a woman in charge of one of our major political parties!"

Not sure anyone is really opposed to the idea but depending on who you ask, Thatcher didn't work out so well...

"She'll unite the country! Freedom and Liberty!"

The generation born with all the information they could dream of at their fingertips but they can't be fucked to access it.

pLvvp8r.jpg

theaface

I mean this is generally known, but almost impossible to prove. To the country and the rest of Europe, this guy was THE face of pro-leave. His secret machinations for a narrow defeat and subsequent ascent to power are pretty meaningless now - he's to blame, left holding the can and rightly so.

Zaph

I can't listen to this.

If people believe this rhetoric from Boris fucking johnson, this country deserves to burn.

iceatcs

Really hope Tessa May won't be taken over.

She is the most anti-drugs so far I know. Bye bye, my cannabis legal campaign, or decriminalised all drugs.

oti

Banned
I'm sure Obama is crying out of relief. Being first in the queue for a trade deal with the UK? How gracious. The US is saved.

Maledict

I wonder if this liar is telling the truth when he parrots these figures and ideals.

He had the gall to talk about pay inequality in the referendum debate and blame Europe.

One thing the modern conservative government has become very good at is claiming the mantle of the centre / left whilst implementing the far right. They talk about social ills and then enact policies that do the opposite of what they say. The problem is the press are mostly complicit in this narrative and the opposition so fucking useless they can't attack them properly on it.

It's a scary model that at some point I'm sure the republicans will follow.

To be fair Boris did talk about wage inequality during the leave campaign but people just wrote it off as him talking bollocks and blaming UK government policies on the EU

Morat

Banned
He had the gall to talk about pay inequality in the referendum debate and blame Europe.

One thing the modern conservative government has become very good at is claiming the mantle of the centre / left whilst implementing the far right. They talk about social ills and then enact policies that do the opposite of what they say. The problem is the press are mostly complicit in this narrative and the opposition so fucking useless they can't attack them properly on it.

It's a scary model that at some point I'm sure the republicans will follow.

This was was Cameron's great trick - going on about caring conservatism [and there's an oxymoron if there ever was one] while appointing people to implement deeply backwards policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom