• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union |OUT2| Mayday, Mayday, I've lost an ARM

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I have a French wife who works harder than anyone to keep our house and life running. She works but may lose her job come Brexit .an 8 month old Daughter with her . A step daughter and a son from a previous relationship .

The thought of losing any of them via having to move country or them forced out freaks me out . I called the home office the other day. They have no clue was the situation will be . Fuck this. Need time to look and research things . Best I be banned from gaf until Xmas .

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I have a French wife who works harder than anyone to keep our house and life running. She works but may lose her job come Brexit .an 8 month old Daughter with her . A step daughter and a son from a previous relationship .

The thought of losing any of them via having to move country or them forced out freaks me out . I called the home office the other day. They have no clue was the situation will be . Fuck this. Need time to look and research things . Best I be banned from gaf until Xmas .

nobody is going to be forced to leave. We're not turning into North Korea (...yet).

It will not happen, calm down. The UK would be brought to its knees.

Hazzuh

Weeellll, for the sake of political anorak argument - did Gove knife Johnson? Or is this their planed get out of jail free card? After all, Gove isn't supposed to win a place on the ballot - is he?

Unless Boris lied to his supporters (or his supporters lied to the media) then they are legitimately furious. MPs who supported Johnson in tears. Gove deliberately waiting to tell Johnson so he had no way to recover in time. Probably one of the biggest betrayals in British political history.

Gove might not care if he wins but I think Johnson did.

Tyaren

Someone asked in her before but was ignored. Is there any credible source for May mentioning forced repatriation of EU citizens?

Someone asked in her before but was ignored. Is there any credible source for May mentioning forced repatriation of EU citizens?

Just above you is someone linking to a journalist for The Times on Twitter but he doesn't reply when people ask him for his source so...

Juicy Bob

If forced repatriation was ever genuinely tabled by the Prime Minister of Great Britain there would be mass demonstrations the likes of which we haven't seen in the UK before.

azyless

Even if it did happen which is a long shot, with you two being married and having a family, your wife could probably get citizenship easily. Breathe.

It won't happen but it's not going to calm anyones fears is it... Dear oh dear Britain, what have you done?
Well, you see, it was like this - it was a slow, boring day at the end of June. I was just kicking the can, watching the tumbleweed go by. Any way, there was this, like, really big red button, like, and this dude said not to touch it. Well anyway, I was bored, I wondered what that button did - so I pushed it!

Who knew?

Auctopus

fucking hell, go back to bed america.

One of my least favourite things I've seen this week is smug Americans interjecting (both professional and unprofessional critics) with absolutely no knowledge of our country or Europe.

It's made me consider how much we do it for their country.

le-seb

Man, UK politics are a hell of a ride!

A bit farcical, maybe, so here's something to cheer you up, fellow neighbours.
brexityourself1.jpg

BadHand

Even if it did happen which is a long shot, with you two being married and having a family, your wife could probably get citizenship easily. Breathe.

I can't imagine that the inevitable demand for visas and citizenship would make this an easy process for anyone.

pigeon

Banned
One of my least favourite things I've seen this week is smug Americans interjecting (both professional and unprofessional critics) with absolutely no knowledge of our country or Europe.

It's made me consider how much we do it for their country.

I mean, certainly it would have been nice to have the Corbyn power struggle going on when UK posters were coming over to explain how undemocratic our presidential primaries are.

I feel your pain, though. Don't worry. I'll tell my fellow countrymen to wait over here at the back of the queue while you guys get this sorted out.

ShogunX

Murdoch very rarely backs the losing horse, fully expect that weird little tit head Gove to be our next PM. What the fuck.

It's time like this the SNP should change their name and make a bid for the country. I'd vote for them.

Murdoch very rarely backs the losing horse, fully expect that weird little tit head Gove to be our next PM. What the fuck.

It's time like this the SNP should change their name and make a bid for the country. I'd vote for them.

I do not think he will make the final two after what he did.

LewieP

I can't feasibly see across the board forced deportation of EU immigrants happening.

It would cripple the economy, be an incredible messy legal task, tear families apart, it would destroy the NHS, Education systems, and other crucial services.

It's still terrifying that it is being suggested, and I can see certain groups/individuals being forced out.

Hopefully May is just suggesting it now as a bargaining chip, but even so hearing a senior figure in a mainstream political party suggest anything along these lines will further galvanize the far right.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
The more politicians open their mouths the less chance we have of sorting this out .

Either exit and go for Norway deal

Just back down.

We basically . Making all the noise of not really wanting to go but going for it anyway

Juicy Bob

We are now in the 'Article 50 Era' of UK history.

This is a 'before and after' point that we will look back on like fucking 1066 or something.

Hopefully May is just suggesting it now as a bargaining chip, but even so hearing a senior figure in a mainstream political party suggest anything along these lines will further galvanize the far right.

Exactly. Even mentioning it is utterly vile to me. It's disgraceful that we should be playing politics with this.

It will not happen, calm down. The UK would be brought to its knees.

.... I'm pretty sure this stupid referendum is going to bring England to it's proverbial knees anyway.

I can't feasibly see across the board forced deportation of EU immigrants happening.

It would cripple the economy, be an incredible messy legal task, tear families apart, it would destroy the NHS, Education systems, and other crucial services.

Yeah, you know what, I have absolutely no trouble imagining the tories doing this. They're already trying/have tried pretty hard at 3/6 so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom