• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plum

How the fuck are these people not talking about the economic fallout of the past few days, not mention what the EU is going to do and where the fuck is Boris?

I said above. Nobody knows what the fuck to do. We're STILL just fighting the campaign that was there last week.

Faddy

Banned
"We're not gonna refight the campaign, Paul"

That's all they can do. Because nobody knows what the fuck to do now.

Yes. As Leave had no clear plan after winning there is no clear way forward.

The Tories are going to want a Norwegian/Swiss model with access to the Common Market, protections for London and they are going to give continue with freedom of movement, following EU law and paying towards the EU.

Wk7Awj6.jpg

This was very much the feeling of everyone in my office Friday. We all like the British and wish we had national healthcare, a smaller military, etc. Everyone was confused and disappointed that people we generally think of as being more civilized would do such a thing.

cormack12

Gold Member
Remain are a fucking horror bag of a show here. Seem to be more careful about not upsetting anyone that voted Leave than actually debating their opposing standpoint.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Remain are a fucking horror bag of a show here. Seem to be more careful about not upsetting anyone that voted Leave than actually debating their opposing standpoint.

That's been Remain for months. Not a single charismatic figure, not a single strong presentation of the copious amounts of good arguments. Never been so disappointed with my representatives in my life.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Can Scotland just annex the rest of the UK? I'm so ready for Prime Minister Sturgeon.

Zaph

Salmond dropping truth bombs.

Leave has no position to negotiate from, because their wishes are completely unworkable.

Meguro

Banned
"Stop complaining about the result that potentially fucks the countrys future for a century"
Yeah buddy. Just take it all lying down.

cormack12

Gold Member
Tin foil hat 'they said there would be nuclear war'
'Who?'
'All of them, the whole remain team'.

Panel looks bemused at gibbering buffoon. Sure it's Boris in disguise.

Fucking hell what have we done?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...uk_576fe161e4b08d2c56396075?745i5vqfvfs35l8fr

The story at the top is disgusting.

Really horrific. Probably innocent people but I would warn we don't have the full story of the incident.

We do in the UK have some serious eastern European gangs with guns and knives and some very outspoken extremely cocky east European workers who like to take advantage of EU laws and brag to English people and play up to the foreign stereotype and also have a very high sense they are stronger and more well bred than English and they like to show it and seem up for fights. Under the current climate it sadly would be a time for payback if any eastern European did anything like this, the English xenophobics feel a bit braver. Before they'd feel they can't answer back. Not saying this has happened but English louts and Russians Polish are an extremely bad mix, more so than Asian or black people.

Zaph

Salmond continuing to ask the obvious question - now what?

All the Leave guy can say is "I want a Brexit government!", but not him of course. Keep passing that buck.

Kadayi

Banned
This referendum should never have happened. People are saying "that's democracy", "the will of the people has spoken", "if we don't see this vote thru we can't pontificate about democracy to countries like China" and similar justifcations for sticking to the outcome. I can't help but feel these people don't understand the profound consequences leaving will have on future generations. What's even more frustrating is that this vote was won on blatant lies, ignorance and a dislike of foreigners.

The out result has only fuelled nationalism and made open racism mainstream again. If I was a foreigner looking to work or study in England, I'd be looking elsewhere. Leaving the EU just has disaster written all over it, yet we're following it thru because " that's democracy". I don't get it, we know the UK will be worse off as a nation outside of the EU, but we will rigidly stick to the outcome because we pride ourself on being democratic - even if it makes the nation worse off. Will people still be proud to live in a democracy when England is nothing but small isolated island and their children have been condemned to poorer living standards/economic hardship and the far-right have a stronger foothold in mainstream politics?

Clinging to the principle that the people have spoken and we have to respect seems absurd in this case especially when a lot of those people are utterly ignorant.
It's such a profound life changing decision that won't make us better off. Imo, the very desire to seperate ourselves has already done irreversible damage to our reputation and perception on the world stage. Will anyone actually give a flying fucking about respecting democracy when life in the UK goes downhill? Leaving isn't going to help the people who wanted to leave as they will also bear the brunt of the economic side-effects. By leaving such people have only opted to plunge themselves into more hardship. Is all of this worth it tho just so we can cling onto our principle of democracy?
We know this isn't a great idea and yet we're going ahead because a bunch of thick people "want their country back" and we have to respect it because that's democracy man. It's like the religious fanatic who blows himself because he will not be moved from his beliefs - we're clinging to democracy in the same way.

7e2d7b40aac2ff3ac54afc9a7689ff56.jpg

Burai

shitonmychest57
Oh I know.

I just thought they'd like, you know, not start leaking out they actually didn't have a plan.

Wonder how Farage is bricking it too.

He'll be rubbing his hands. UKIP will clean up when the Tories don't deliver the closed borders and jobs he promised.

Plum

"German Car Manufacturers"

Is this ALL they have to negotiate with? Are we really gambling our future on fucking Audi and BMW?

ghst

thanks for the laugh
where's alan johnson right now? i need him right now calmly sitting on andrew neil's couch in a nice jumper stroking a labrador.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom