• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah blame Scotland when your government has vanished and migrants are being abused and beaten up, typical. What a joke no wonder Scotlands going to leave.

nOoblet16

Does this nutter really think there will be higher paying job, less unemployment and a stronger economy? While saying EU has failed and is the reason for unemployment and poverty?

Zaph

It's hilarious people need the positive case of immigration spelt out to them.

I see it each time I go to my doctor, dentist and solicitor.

kmag

"German Car Manufacturers"

Is this ALL they have to negotiate with? Are we really gambling our future on fucking Audi and BMW?
No noes worst case under wto rules the German car manufacturers will have to settle for er the exact rules they've been selling to the us and much of the rest of the world for the last 20 years

Protome

Noticed that too - Salmond is doing well, but this type of stuff is his forte. Sturgeon is a better calm head to lead a party, but Salmond is a fierce debater.

I definitely agree. I was skeptical when he said he was stepping down as leader to become an MP but it has worked very well. He seems largely irrelevant in Westminster itself but whenever he can get on TV he wrecks the opposition.

Par Score

I stopped listening to QT a long time ago because it was the same depressing nonsense every week.

Tuned in here in case this almighty fuckup had changed anything.

Nope, still got pricks like Nuttall shouting about "taking our country back".

Plum

German car manufacturers are competitive in US, China etc. despite WTO level of rules. This is hardly a bargaining chip. Also BMW has local manufacturing in UK although it will become more expensive to manufacture there

No noes worst case under wto rules the German car manufacturers will have to settle for er the exact rules they've been selling to the us and much of the rest of the world for the last 20 years

Didn't mean to imply I thought it to be a good bargaining chip. It's just ridiculous that it's all leavers say they have to negotiate with.

Faddy

Banned
I definitely agree. I was skeptical when he said he was stepping down as leader to become an MP but it has worked very well. He seems largely irrelevant in Westminster itself but whenever he can get on TV he wrecks the opposition.

He has a roving remit to get folk TELT

Nicola Sturgeon and Angus Robertson are far cooler heads for detailing policy.

Hasney

I stopped listening to QT a long time ago because it was the same depressing nonsense every week.

Yeah, it's par the course. A little more heated, but it's quite clear that unity just is not going to happen.

Yeah buddy, they voted to leave the EU allow more Asian migrants in. You are a fucking moron.

As I mentioned earlier, had an Indian taxi driver talking about Romanians going back home as they're in Harehills in such numbers that you can't walk down the street. It's fucking sad.

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member

It's a consummate piece of incompetence.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Alright, Diane smacked down that naive non-eea immigrant.
He's going to get fucked over regardless, there would at least be some rules to protect him if the EU were around.

nOoblet16

UK already controls its borders and has a Point Based System like Australia, but no one will ever tell you that. It's a pipe dream to have no free movement.

This Nigel Farage supporter is needs to see that video where Farage played along and promised £359 million. More importantly he never made the distinction and made hay with it.

Protome

UK already controls its borders and has a Point Based System like Australia, but no one will ever tell you that. It's a pipe dream to have no free movement.

This Nigel Farage supporter is needs to see that video where Farage played along and promised £359 million. More importantly he never made the distinction and made hay with it.

I think his point was more that the Leave campaign and media have tried to dump that £350 million quote on Farage when actually it was the Leave campaign.

Plum

10 minutes left and nobody has talked about an actual plan.

All they're talking about is some vague sense of "unity"

We're fucked, aren't we?

fester

Banned
The UK is going to leave the EU

You can't just ignore the vote like that.

It would be an absolute betrayal of democracy. What legitimacy would remain?

Any extremist malcontents would be able to defend their actions with: "Well, they don't accept democracy, why should we?"

You don't cling to an ideology if it means destroying your country in the process. The vote was unnecessary, non-binding, and built on a foundation of lies. Sure, it's a bad situation and will have some very big consequences regardless of what happens, but don't double-down on the stupidity, exclaim "welp!" and just plow ahead with it. Apply some intelligence and mitigate the damage as best as possible. I refuse to believe there are no alternatives, no way to delay or vote again under a different set of circumstances, etc. Of course, this requires the UK to have someone in leadership step up, which doesn't seem to be the case right now. :(

Some of these "so sad, too bad" responses are just downright terrible.

7e2d7b40aac2ff3ac54afc9a7689ff56.jpg

Speaking of terrible responses...

Didn't mean to imply I thought it to be a good bargaining chip. It's just ridiculous that it's all leavers say they have to negotiate with.

How much will Frankfurt and Paris gain from the financial services sector of london (and legal services) if EU doesnt accept UK banking licenses? How much gain is that in comparison to the loss of business in UK? I mean UK people will still need cars right and there is no car manufacturer that is UK based.

Par Score

Position A: "Project Fear", in promising Armageddon and all the most terrible things, was ineffective at convincing people to vote to Remain because it was so extreme.

Position B: Corbyn's measured, nuanced opinion about membership of the EU, noting it has benefits and compromises, hurt the Remain campaign as it was not sufficiently "robust".

Fucking pick one of the above.

Tacitus_

The European Parliament’s chief called Sunday for British Prime Minister David Cameron to begin formal proceedings to leave the EU at a summit this week.

Martin Schulz told German newspaper Bild am Sonntag that a period of limbo over Brexit would ‘lead to even more insecurity and thus endanger jobs’.

‘Hesitating simply to accommodate the party tactics of the British conservatives hurts everyone,’ he said.

‘That is why we expect the British government to now deliver. The summit on Tuesday is the right time.’

The four biggest groups in the European Parliament have also drawn up a draft resolution calling for Cameron to set the Brexit ball rolling on Tuesday, Germany’s Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung reported.

While the brits are trying to pass the buck along. What a shitshow.

Hasney

Paul Nuttall just cited a Facebook meme. It's over 3 million of the signatures come from the UK you odious cunt. The just under 400k number was fabricated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom