• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Corbyn didn't want to be seen as part of an elite telling people what to do". Fuck off with that shit, he should have gone out there and made it clear that this is beyond party politics. Going out and preaching to the choir was utterly pointless.

cormack12

Gold Member
The episode is supposed to be about what will happen next.
All we are getting is campaigning 2.0.

Yep, what new information is here? This is not to debate whether the referundum was right or how it was won. This is to convince everyone, regardless of how they voted, that there is an actual plan in place.

BOOM - lady in glasses asks the right question.

Faddy

Banned
The episode is supposed to be about what will happen next.
All we are getting is campaigning 2.0.

Because the lies, contradictions and empty words (take back control!) of the Leave campaign means no one knows what happens next.

Cameron is to blame as well since he has broken promises by resigning and no immediately invoking article 50.

We are in limbo now.

Breakage

They're talking about unity and togetherness after asking people to vote on whether they like foreigners or not. If they cared about unity there wouldn't be a referendum.

Protome

I want to rescind my complaints about Salmond earlier in this thread. Sturgeon getting Salmond out on shows like this to destroy the opposition and remind people "Guys, SNP are fuckin' great" is genius.

Alex Salmond seems to be talking sense...why do people hate this guy again?

He wasn't a very good SNP leader, he kept making every single argument about Independence and focussing on that while Sturgeon ran the country. He is very good at destroying people on TV though, he has been far more useful resigning as leader as he ever was as leader.

Maledict

I don't think the leave guy understands. This decision is fucking over an entire generation - I don't know anyone in favour of "unity" right now. I honestly don't see how we come back from this.

cormack12

Gold Member
Oh Cameron you utter bellend!!!

Sturgeon proposed that the referendum should have needed a majority in all four nations, which he thought was silly.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think the leave guy understands. This decision is fucking over an entire generation - I don't know anyone in favour of "unity" right now. I honestly don't see how we come back from this.

Never felt less unified in my life, never wanted to be less British.

It is all about let's wait and have a good deal when whole EU wants UK to leave them as soon as possible...

s-dd59caa21b6ebbaa7ae8vp69.gif

Maledict

Never felt less unified in my life, never wanted to be less British.

Yep. There isn't an ounce of patriotism or pride in my country left right now. I'm literally embarrassed to be chatting with my Finnish and Polish friends. I don't want to be in this country anymore.

norinrad

You know, it really strikes me as being a highly viable electoral platform to simply come out and say, "We've heard the voice of the people, but, we really can't see a way of enacting Brexit politically without causing a ton of other problems, so we aren't planning on acting on it for now because the time isn't right".

I think that simply recognizing the result as a legitimate protest vote, would be more than enough to shift public perception favorably. Discourse simply needs to be shifted from an ideological/emotional to a pragmatic centre. For example, building on a tentpole of the practical difficulty in justifying the preservation of the union of the UK whilst simultaneously separating from the EU is a very real political conundrum.

This is the most logical thing that should be done but the fucking pricks in the labour and conservative parties with their fighting is causing more destruction than they realize.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Why the *fuck* are their game of thrones spoilers in this thread?

WTF?

Not actually caught up yet to that shot (was wondering what it was from), and I haven't worked out the spoiler, so it's not a bad one.

Hasney

Missed most of this Question Time due to having a very British conversation with my mum. I think she voted to leave as I was just talking about my friends out of a job and how my we won't be going to Iceland now and she was just talking about how she didn't think anything would happen that fast. Heh.

Goddamn Salmond, going in. Good work. Giles talking shit, batted straight back.

Fuck these people saying to not give Scotland the vote by the way. Fuck them hard.

Are these guys delusional? Do they think they can prevent Scotland from leaving?

Edit: Hahaha this guy. He thinks the UK will have a more succesful economy than the EU? Lmao.

Pandy

They won't get into power just because of FPTP.

Remember 5 million people voted for them last year. 5.

How many seats do they have. 1.
You continue not to appreciate the differences between now and then, but it's pointless arguing about it until we see some proper, Westminster constituency based, polling.

Maybe the Leave vote will have already collapsed below 30%, in which case my point will thankfully be voided.

Jackpot

Banned
Really horrific. Probably innocent people but I would warn we don't have the full story of the incident.

We do in the UK have some serious eastern European gangs with guns and knives and some very outspoken extremely cocky east European workers who like to take advantage of EU laws and brag to English people and play up to the foreign stereotype and also have a very high sense they are stronger and more well bred than English and they like to show it and seem up for fights. Under the current climate it sadly would be a time for payback if any eastern European did anything like this, the English xenophobics feel a bit braver. Before they'd feel they can't answer back. Not saying this has happened but English louts and Russians Polish are an extremely bad mix, more so than Asian or black people.

"probably innocent"?

are you actually saying they deserved to be beaten because they're cocky?

Protome

That slip up where he almost said Scotland's referendum was about staying in Europe rather than the UK was hilarious. Salmond is in their heads.

Plum

"It is not the right time to discuss Scotland splitting"

Of course it is. Don't vote leave if you're afraid of the consequences.

"German Car Manufacturers"

Is this ALL they have to negotiate with? Are we really gambling our future on fucking Audi and BMW?

German car manufacturers are competitive in US, China etc. despite WTO level of rules. This is hardly a bargaining chip. Also BMW has local manufacturing in UK although it will become more expensive to manufacture there

PJV3

Missed most of this Question Time due to having a very British conversation with my mum. I think she voted to leave as I was just talking about my friends out of a job and how my we won't be going to Iceland now and she was just talking about how she didn't think anything would happen that fast. Heh.

Goddamn Salmond, going in. Good work. Giles talking shit, batted straight back.

Fuck these people saying to not give Scotland the vote by the way. Fuck them hard.

I'm avoiding my mother, I'm just going to hope in my mind she didn't vote leave.

That slip up where he almost said Scotland's referendum was about staying in Europe rather than the UK was hilarious. Salmond is in their heads.

Noticed that too - Salmond is doing well, but this type of stuff is his forte. Sturgeon is a better calm head to lead a party, but Salmond is a fierce debater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom