• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
10 minutes left and nobody has talked about an actual plan.

All they're talking about is some vague sense of "unity"

We're fucked, aren't we?

Did you honestly think a campaign built on lies had an actual plan? I'm be impressed and hold some regards of respect of them if they did with the lies simply being a small part of the bigger equation. Sadly most of the leaders in support of this didn't actually think it through and said anything and everything to take us out, ignoring the feasibility of it all.

kmag

We're fucked, aren't we?
There's no plan, misleading Facebook memes and import/export ratios isn't leverage. There's no route out of this which gives a politically acceptable method of bending over in a manner which allows Londons financial centres competitive advantage intact

Par Score

We're fucked, aren't we?
Still nothing has been said about what the plan is now, fantastic. Only thing worth watching in this was Salmond taking the piss.

Yes, I tuned in rather hoping the questions would be along the lines of "what the fuck now?"

Some hope. As a country, it appears we fucking deserve this shower of shite.

AntChum

Every question is from a pro leaver, so much for unbiased.
Just trying to ensure the BBC survives a post-Brexit Britain.

Question Time is infuriating, and it's just further proof of what a farce this referendum was. Wish I was living in Scotland right now; Salmond is beasting this rodeo.

Plum

Did you honestly think a campaign built on lies had an actual plan? I'm be impressed and hold some regards of respect of them if they did with the lies simply being a small part of the bigger equation. Sadly most of the leaders in support of this didn't actually think it through and said anything and everything to take us out, ignoring the feasibility of it all.

Nope, I knew they never had a plan and that's why I voted remain. It's just ridiculous that it's two days since they won with the EU pressuring us to all hell and they STILL only say vague insinuations of "unity" and "German car manufacturers"

Maledict

Still Farage never made the distinction earlier and instead made hay with it.

There's a video which shows Firage talking about this exact point that turned up - he is as guilty as all of them of this lie. and it is a lie - it's straight up impossible. We don't freaking spend £350m on Europe!

I think his point was more that the Leave campaign and media have tried to dump that £350 million quote on Farage when actually it was the Leave campaign.

Farage was implicit with the lie. If he really thought it was a mistake and was misleading voters unfairly he could have said so at any point during the campaign. Instead he waited until after the result to say he didn't agree with it, as though that excuses him from accountability.

Protome

Farage was implicit with the lie. If he really thought it was a mistake and was misleading voters unfairly he could have said so at any point during the campaign. Instead he waited until after the result to say he didn't agree with it, as though that excuses him from accountability.

I'm not disagreeing with that but it's largely irrelevant because Farage's campaign was technically separate from the main Leave campaign. Him lying doesn't matter because he's not an elected official. The Leave campaign largely were.

nOoblet16

Bearded Asian guy asked the question about research funding that I have had in my mind because I am a PhD student myself.

Didn't get answered ofcourse.

Bedlam

Fantastic question about funding research, here comes the answer...

....aaaaaaand it's gone.
Yeah lol.

"What about the funding of research?"

> "We've lost - let's move on."

Unbelievable. Like the question doesn't even matter anymore.

The UK is fucked. I'm sorry for you guys. I hope our generation and those following us can somehow make this right again someday.

Hasney

Bearded Asian guy asked the question about research funding that I have had in my mind because I am a OhD student myself.

Didn't get answered ofcourse.

According to the Facebook meme I pulled out of my arse, only 2 people care about that subject. Of course, the real number is millions of people, but who needs facts? It's not FACT TIME.

Silly to have an hour on such an important issue. Should be on BBC2 for 3 hours. What's the point of asking questions and then moving on because we haven't got time for an answer.

Meanwhile, lets hear Alan Shearer instead.

Gotta say good on Scotland for having by far the smartest politicians. I'd be 110% for Scottish independence and EU membership just on the weight of the clusterfuck so far.

Baybars

Banned
Question time summed up

The tory guy said this:

Oh hey young people dont worry we got opportunities coming after brexit for you!

Young guy at the end: What opportunities when you cut EU funding for stuff like research?

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Question time summed up

The tory guy said this:

Oh hey young people dont worry we got opportunities coming after brexit for you!

Young guy at the end: What opportunities when you cut EU funding for stuff like research?
We haven't got the time. Move on.

Kinyou

At least does this whole thing provide some quality humor

Bx7S6hi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom