• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jisgsaw

Well, no - otherwise Germany has like three less World Cups.

Euhm no, the Germany that is around today is still the RFA, it's the RDA that ceased to exist and joined the RFA, not the RFA and RDA that both ceased to exit to form a new Germany. (sorry, used the french names: BRD and resp. DDR, no idea how you called us in english ;-) )

Breakage

That first question from that guy: How does it feel to be punched on the nose.

You fucking dick head. You torpedoed the future of young people and countless unborn generations just to get at Westminster. What an absolute raging cunt.

"Got to respect the will of the people and move on".
It's insane that thick people have fucked up the future for so many and politicians simply say such stupidity should be respected because "democracy".

Palculator

Unconfirmed Member
Oh how I wish the Thick of It was still around.
Leave campaign's plan:

tumblr_nj667jwxro1tu80cno4_400.gif

danthefan

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php&_rdr

I've spent over 10 years learning how to control my temper. It's not been easy, because growing up I was always taught to deal with things with my fists.

But this video right here...

I Would of been struggling to hold it down.

WHY THE FUCK IS THEIR 7 FEDS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD AND NOBODY IS TELLING THESE CUNTS TO FUCKING DO ONE????

What worries me is I drive past that area every day for work.

That is just absolutely appalling. How are the police allowing that?

Maledict

It's insane that thick people have fucked up the future for so many and politicians simply say such stupidity should be respected because "democracy".

What amuses me is that Farage was saying clearly before the election - if remain won this would not be over, and he would want a second referendum soon. Does anyone honestly believe that UKIP would cease to exist? that the anti-EU tories would shut up and go away?

No, of course not. But apparently the majority of young people and the majority of working people in the country have to shut up and vanish.

(That figure I didn't expect - a clear majority of people who actually work voted to stay in the EU. This election was won off pensioners and people who don't work in the labour heartlands).

Plum

I just hope that when it's our turn to be in the 40+'s seat we'll use that power to right what was done wrong before.

However, knowing this world, and the world in which we're entering, that's unlikely.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Corbyn is an idealistic man, but labour needs someone who gets shit done at the moment. Someone with their priorities straight and will go for conservatives throat.

Audioboxer

By the way for anyone who likes Salmond Troll Mode this is basically Kaz Hirai CEO Salmond on Twitter - https://twitter.com/AngrySalmond

It wasn't a special edition of Question Time. It was an especially stupid edition of Question Time. #bbcqt

Funnily enough though it wouldn't put it past me that Salmond does indeed run that Twitter lol. He has referenced in before in an interview for a laugh.

But yeah, terrible leader, great troll with some good points at times. His smug face is annoying though, except when he is trolling.

Some quotes from today,

“The US must face the fact that the UK will likely be less of an effective and reliable partner in global affairs,”- Jim Stavridis, former Nato supreme commander.

“The nature and the shape of the financial services industry in France or in Germany — from the banking and any other point of view — is pretty different from what it is in the UK. So the direction of how policy will evolve will reflect those different voices, without the British voice in there to balance.” - Lord Hill, former EU commissioner

Lord Hill has also said that it is unlikely that British banks will retain EU passporting.

Yep France and Germany will take UKs place, given the lack of action on Syria by UK we are no longer reliable. Watch now as US refocuses attention on remaining EU countries, combined with UN security council seat under threat when Scotland leaves, UK will be nothing but a small speck on a map.

Some quotes from today,

“The US must face the fact that the UK will likely be less of an effective and reliable partner in global affairs,”- Jim Stavridis, former Nato supreme commander.

“The nature and the shape of the financial services industry in France or in Germany — from the banking and any other point of view — is pretty different from what it is in the UK. So the direction of how policy will evolve will reflect those different voices, without the British voice in there to balance.” - Lord Hill, former EU commissioner

Lord Hill has also said that it is unlikely that British banks will retain EU passporting.

its delusional on so many levels to think they will retain it

Juicy Bob

It feels like Labour are always more concerned about just trying to get elected than actually working out what the fuck they actually stand for.

Biggzy

Leave campaign's plan:

tumblr_nj667jwxro1tu80cno4_400.gif

I think you are giving the leave campaign far too much credit as that is a plan at least.

You know what, I need cheering up. So might watch a few episodes of the Thick of It ;).

We used to be a dependable voice within the EU for the US. Germany will become their go-to ally within Europe.

Great Britain is truly becoming Little England.

At least we have our 'country back' though. Right guys!?

Lakitu

st5fu
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...https://m.facebook.com/plugins/video.php&_rdr

I've spent over 10 years learning how to control my temper. It's not been easy, because growing up I was always taught to deal with things with my fists.

WHY THE FUCK IS THEIR 7 FEDS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD AND NOBODY IS TELLING THESE CUNTS TO FUCKING DO ONE????

Holy fucking shit, this is going to get worst isn't it? I am absolutely ashamed to be part of this country. The extreme right has won and they're going to make sure that we know it.

That is just absolutely appalling. How are the police allowing that?

Just for a little more context.

Sheldon is one of those more white working class deprived areas, but directly 5 minutes down the road is small heath, one of the largest Muslim and south Asian areas in Birmingham. The mosque the cameraman was talking about is 10 minutes down the road, but they would not dare hang around outside like that.

ShogunX

Mate, these bellends have been waiting for years for their day in the sun and our country have just empowered them. Like I said last night it must sit uncomfortably with leave voters to know that they are in bed with and cuddled fairly closely up to these type of people.

After watching those politicians on Question Time, I have lost all hope for the UK. There is/was a theoretical chance to still avoid the Brexit, to get away with a black eye. But this would have required a lot of effort from politicians who are willing to make sacrifices, to come together and talk. I'm pretty convinced now that they will really leave the EU, and that, with Scotland leaving, the UK will cease to exist. The remaining rest, England, Wales... will fade into international and economical insignificance. What a disaster.

FStop7

Banned
"German Car Manufacturers"

Is this ALL they have to negotiate with? Are we really gambling our future on fucking Audi and BMW?

Of course they will. The auto industry was the cornerstone of the 20th century and these people desperately want the 20th century back. That's what all of this is about. The 21st century and globalization are kinda scary. I get it. I even sympathize, to an extent. It's a fucking scary world and things are happening faster than ever.

What has happened is that a majority of voters in the UK have declared a mandate to sacrifice their nation's relevance for a nostalgia fueled holodeck simulation of the past. They are free to do so as is their right. But the world is going to continue on with or without them.

They used to say that the sun never sets on the British Empire. That doesn't mean it's the center of the universe. A bitter lesson that some are in the middle of learning.

Gemüsepizza;208402639 said:
After watching those politicians on Question Time, I have lost all hope for the UK. There is/was a theoretical chance to still avoid the Brexit, to get away with a black eye. But this would have required a lot of effort from politicians who are willing to make sacrifices, to come together and talk. I'm pretty convinced now that they will really leave the EU, and that, with Scotland leaving, the UK will cease to exist. The remaining rest, England, Wales... will fade into international and economical insignificance. What a disaster.

To think after centuries of a political union it will end within my lifetime. And all because of dumb as shit average people and politicians.

PJV3

"German Car Manufacturers"

Is this ALL they have to negotiate with? Are we really gambling our future on fucking Audi and BMW?

It's the dumbest gamble ever.

There's one city, once it's gone that's it, they can restart sending cars to us anytime.

Delusional.

Holy fucking shit, this is going to get worst isn't it? I am absolutely ashamed to be part of this country. The extreme right has won and they're going to make sure that we know it.

just show up with 10,000 counter protesters and see how they'll crawl back into whatever shitholes they emerged from.

most of them are pathetic cowards.

liquidtmd

Banned
These Leave MPs just burbling 'unity'....

They do realise there's going to be some French Revolution burning of their houses when the ACTUAL IMPLICATIONS OF WHAT THEY'VE CHAMPIONED KICKS IN

JoeM86

This GIF is way too optimistic. We're not going back, too many vague ideas about "democracy!" and "the will of 30% of the people!" to go back now.

True, but it was a referendum, not an election. Referendums are pretty much just opinion polls and with one this close, most would just ignore the result.

They are in no way obligated to follow through with it, which is what makes the EU high ups saying that we have to do it soon, and talk of them trying to get a legal way to enact it without our PM enacting it. It wasn't an election. It wasn't legally binding.

Will we follow through? Probably, but let's not say there is no going back.

Damn. So lemme get this straight.

Cameron is hiding and has pre-emptively passed on the power to leave the EU with the next PM(closest thing I can think of is the GOP blocking the supreme court justice hearings until the next Pres, which looks to likely be Hillary).

The campaign that rallied for Leave has no idea what to do next. Boris is playing dumb, Nigel is getting screwed over by his own party.

And the party opposing Leave(Labour?) seems.to be eating itself from the inside out instead of going out there and rallying the masses.

My goodness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom