• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromwell

Banned

giphy.gif

Tak3n

Banned
Okay, and when we don't get that, as is patently obvious we won't, will you concede this was a fucking stupid idea?

The problem is, it is easy for you guys to mock any ideas, as in reality we simply don't know how far the EU will bend

You know a lot of you thought we would never leave the EU, and it is happening (potentially)

one of us will be right, one of us will be wrong, and to be clear, I have always held the position, if free movement is allowed, then we might as well stay in the EU

barit

The worst thing is how Boris and Co. seems not to have urgent now to leave EU asap because no real plan exist (except article 50 which they need to activate first). Economy and global market will even react more negatively at this cuz for months there will be an indefinite time of insecurity. What a fucking shitshow this all is

Joni

so, when I said I would demand access to the single market and to block free movement, I was derided as being as daft as a brush..

Seems a certain Mr Johnson was reading my ideas

Yes, considering your posts, we always saw the possibility that you are Boris Johnson.

Crumpo

The problem is, it is easy for you guys to mock any ideas, as in reality we simply don't know how far the EU will bend

You know a lot of you thought we would never leave the EU, and it is happening (potentially)

one of us will be right, one of us will be wrong

The UK acted emotionally by voting out but on both an emotional and logical level it makes total sense for the EU to tell us to fuck off...I don't think the referendum result means everyone now is suddenly a wildcard nutter.

LewieP

Johnson says he's going to get us access to the single market without free movement of labour. I am highly skeptical of that claim.

Even if it's attainable, how much will taxpayers have to pay? Will it mean no free movement for UK citizens into EU, or only the other way?

Hasney

Nicola Sturgeon to Boris: "[Project Fear is over] Indeed, Boris. Project Farce has now begun - and you are largely responsible."

tumblr_inline_nltz3tCmfd1tr5v0b.gif

I just don't understand how the UK apparently has no plan. Leave was a real possibility all the time, yet no one has a freaking clue what to do now.

Johnson says he's going to get us access to the single market without free movement of labour. I am highly skeptical of that claim.

Even if it's attainable, how much will taxpayers have to pay? Will it mean no free movement for UK citizens into EU, or only the other way?

It's Boris, so obviously all the amenities will stay in tact for the British, but those damn Eurocrats will have to swallow deep and accept all his terms.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Legally, aye.

Politically? Socially? Ouch.

The politicians are fucked either way. Whoever has to actually push the button and take us out, will be despised forever by half of the country. If someone manages to abort the whole process and we stay in, they will also be despised forever by half of the country. Brexit is a political Chernobyl and dealing with it up-close is going to deliver a fatal dose of radiation, whatever their intentions.

I just don't understand how the UK apparently has no plan. Leave was a real possibility all the time, yet no one has a freaking clue what to do now.

Nobody took the possibility of Leaving seriously except Nicola Sturgeon. I guess they assumed everyone would see through the bullshit, even though people never do.

Auctopus

Chris Bryant says he doesn't have a candidate in mind to replace Jeremy Corbyn - "I'm honestly not backing someone", he says - but is clear he has to go.

Sort of sums up the last couple weeks. "I don't like how things are right now so the opposite must be better... right?"

I don't especially, but as I said when I initially floated this idea, you don't go in soft ball...after all it is a negotiation, and I fully expect him to achieve what I said, free labour movement, when business has a need

I don't understand what Johnson's bargaining chip is. He can't threaten to leave the EU as that's already been decided.

one of us will be right, one of us will be wrong, and to be clear, I have always held the position, if free movement is allowed, then we might as well stay in the EU

Out of curiosity, why do you think free movement within the EU is such a huge problem that it justifies a good 5+ years of fucking up our economy to get rid of? You do know that over 1 million UK citizens need free movement to continue living and working in the EU, right? And you also know that our unemployment rates were at one of the lowest they've ever been (5.1% and falling), meaning the tax made from immigrants far outweighed any costs they incurred?

I know it's a long shot, I'm just wondering if you have any real justification for your belief.

Out of curiosity, why do you think free movement within the EU is such a huge problem that it justifies a good 5+ years of fucking up our economy to get rid of? You do know that over 1 million UK citizens need free movement to continue living and working in the EU, right? And you also know that our unemployment rates were at one of the lowest they've ever been (5.1% and falling), meaning the tax made from immigrants far outweighed any costs they incurred?

I know it's a long shot, I'm just wondering if you have any real justification for your belief.

Oh it wont be 5 years, if we lose single market access we might as well shut the UK down for good.

BoJo to the EU. Hey chaps would it be terribly ok to you know have our cake and eat it regarding that free movement chaps. Try to forget every thing we've called you these past four months. Theres a bunch of good chaps.

EU to BoJo. Fuck off.

BoJo to EU. Crikey!

theaface

We will be right, you will be wrong. Bookmark it.

Having Boris the Spider agree with you doesn't strengthen your position. It fundamentally weakens it. But sure, keep telling yourself the EU will let us have our cake and eat it, to the detriment of the remaining 27 member states, because reasons.

SKINNER!

Banned

Them English immigrants coming into MY Scotland with their cricket, teas and crumpets. Plaguing us with their idiocy in politics, close minded xenophobia and stiff upper lips. Stealin' our jobs and lassies. Fuck sake...

Who are we kidding? Come upstairs guys! We welcome our neighbours down south with open arms! You've finally recognised Scotland for being the best part of the UK. Only took a while ;)

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Them English immigrants coming into MY Scotland with their cricket, teas and crumpets. Plaguing us with their idiocy in politics, close minded xenophobia and stiff upper lips. Stealin' our jobs and lassies. Fuck sake...

Who are we kidding? Come upstairs guys! We welcome our neighbours down south with open arms! You've finally recognised Scotland for being the best part of the UK. Only took a while ;)

Stiff upper lips and crumpets were Scottish inventions!

Chinner

Banned
Oh it wont be 5 years, if we lose single market access we might as well shut the UK down for good.
Mate, yesterday I had to queue at my GP for twenty minutes, sure you realise that our wealth is proportional to the immigrants coming in, and once the immigrants are gone, we will be just as wealthy?

TheCrackInTime

Neo Member
Sort of sums up the last couple weeks. "I don't like how things are right now so the opposite must be better... right?"

I'm sure he (and the other outgoing Shadow cabinet members) has someone in mind, but he probably doesn't want to out them just yet. I certainly wouldn't if I were him.

justjohn

Sky News

Osbourne is conflicted right now, he wants to be chancellor, but he knows if he stays in the cabinet when new leader is chosen it would break David Cameron, and make him feel totally betrayed
Osborne doesn't strike me as the sentimental type and If he leaves now his career is over. By staying as the chancellor, he will still have a chance of becoming PM in the future.

*Splinter

We will be right, you will be wrong. Bookmark it.

Having Boris the Spider agree with you doesn't strengthen your position. It fundamentally weakens it. But sure, keep telling yourself the EU will let us have our cake and eat it, to the detriment of the remaining 27 member states, because reasons.
No no we're selling our cakes to the french

Mindwipe

I don't especially, but as I said when I initially floated this idea, you don't go in soft ball...after all it is a negotiation, and I fully expect him to achieve what I said, free labour movement, when business has a need

You also don't go into a negotiation holding a blatantly absurd opening offer. You aren't taken seriously from then on.

Mate, I went to the Highlands for the first time last year, via my second Edinburgh festival & Fringe. No need to sell it.

Also, 20 minute wait at GP is a bad thing? Like, worth getting wound up over?

It strikes me that what a lot of people don't like isn't forrins so much as 'there are lots of other people who want the same things I do'...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom