• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

barit

giphy.gif

looool This guy has some real slapstick capability. Not the first time I see him stumble in the front of a camera

PJV3

Jamie Oliver is seriously unhappy about the idea of Johnson cake.

"But I BEG YOU ONE THING GREAT BRITAIN ???? Give me Boris fucking Johnson as our Prime Minister and I’m done. I’m out. My faith in us will be broken forever"

Tak3n

Banned
Out of curiosity, why do you think free movement within the EU is such a huge problem that it justifies a good 5+ years of fucking up our economy to get rid of? You do know that over 1 million UK citizens need free movement to continue living and working in the EU, right? And you also know that our unemployment rates were at one of the lowest they've ever been (5.1% and falling), meaning the tax made from immigrants far outweighed any costs they incurred?

I know it's a long shot, I'm just wondering if you have any real justification for your belief.

I do, I have always been 90% secure in my reason to vote leave....

In my area we have had no investment at all to cope with the immigration, since 1994 when the doors were opened....

No new schools
No new doctors
no expansion to hospital
no new housing (this is now changing, but to little too late)
no new infrastructure (roads etc)

We have literally been dumped on and allowed to just 'cope' and if you moan you are a racist....all the houses are being bought and turned into HMO's

Now the instant reply is that this is a Government issue not a EU issue, but I am sick of our area just being ignored and left to cope....

I live near Boston by the way (the town that overwhelmingly voted leave) you want to see what damage immigration can do to a area without support, just look it up.. if we had voted to remain, the status quo would just continue... and the horse has well and truly bolted now, you could build non stop and never catch up....

Looking at the results it seems a lot of people feel the same in other areas

a good read if you want to see what uncontrolled migration does to a town

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-most-divided-place-in-england-a6838041.html

also worth noting there was a report as well on how sport direct had ruined the town where their warehouse is due to shipping in mass migration

Maledict

Osborne doesn't strike me as the sentimental type and If he leaves now his career is over. By staying as the chancellor, he will still have a chance of becoming PM in the future.

He would only stay on as chancellor if he has agreement article 50 won't actually happen. Anything else would be suicide and he wouldn't want to be chancellor when that shit show occurs.

Them English immigrants coming into MY Scotland with their cricket, teas and crumpets. Plaguing us with their idiocy in politics, close minded xenophobia and stiff upper lips. Stealin' our jobs and lassies. Fuck sake...

Ha! I win - I had a Scottish grandparent - I'd qualify for a Scottish passport. I'm Scottish by proxy. So you can stick my stiff upper british lip were the sun don't shine because I'm invading north of the border and stealing all your jobs ;)

(and I'd vote SNP to boot, because of the idiocy of my politics!)

My dad is Scottish born and bred but lives in England he wants to move back to Scotland but I am his unofficial carer after his stroke. I've heard stories that British aren't welcome in Scotland.

I'd move tomorrow if I were welcome, I love the Scottish side of my family to bits.

Mindwipe

Them English immigrants coming into MY Scotland with their cricket, teas and crumpets. Plaguing us with their idiocy in politics, close minded xenophobia and stiff upper lips. Stealin' our jobs and lassies. Fuck sake...

Who are we kidding? Come upstairs guys! We welcome our neighbours down south with open arms! You've finally recognised Scotland for being the best part of the UK. Only took a while ;)

Scotland has a cricket team. I once got a really bad sunburn watching them play a fairly tight one day game against England in Edinburgh.

That was a weird, weird fucking day.

spekkeh

Banned
Osborne: 'Britain ready to confront what the future holds from a position of strength

Shares in easyJet (EZJ.L) slumped more than 16 percent -- on track for its biggest daily decline since January 2011 -- after it warned on third-quarter profit, citing an uncertain outlook because of the Brexit vote.

Rival IAG (ICAG.L), which operates British Airways, fell 9.2 percent after Goldman Sachs downgraded the company to "neutral".

Among financials, Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS)(RBS.L) and Barclays (BARC.L) also came under pressure, down 12.2 percent and 9.6 percent respectively, hit by a spate of broker downgrades as well as JP Morgan cutting its rating on all UK domestic banks.

JAMKDe7.gif

Spladam

So what would you vote if you were in the UK? (Your post makes it sound like your not :p)
Kinda feel like I am now, but no, I'm from "The Colonies". It was a no before now (informed by John Oliver haha) but I'd have to say it would have been a no if I lived there. There was confusion, there was misinformation, there was a Sturgeon and a Boris, but THERE WERE financial warnings. I think the worst part was the lack of informed decision on the part of the voters, and too much Nationalism going around (obviously). I could not imagine what it was like experiencing that shit show of a circus as a native there though.

-Edit: One other thing, I am shocked by the amount of uninformative confusion and disinformation caused by Nigel Farage, given he was a commodity broker and financial services professional. It will be entertaining seeing him held to his words in the coming weeks.

Chinner

Banned

In my area we have had no investment at all to cope with the immigration, since 1994 when the doors were opened....

No new schools
No new doctors
no expansion to hospital

We have literally been dumped on and allowed to just 'cope' and if you moan you are a racist....all the houses are being bought and turned into HMO's

Now the instant reply is that this is a Government issue not a EU issue, but I am sick of our area just being ignored and left to cope....

I live near Boston by the way (the town that overwhelmingly voted leave) you want to see what damage immigration can do to a area without support, just look it up.. if we had voted to remain, the status quo would just continue... and the horse has well and truly bolted now, you could build non stop and never catch up....

Would you like the current wave of immigrants to be deported?

Vagabundo

What a complete mess. Everyone is leaving the ship now the vote is in.

If it wasn't upsetting so many people, wreaking lives, it would be hilarious.

Crumpo

No new schools
No new doctors
no expansion to hospital

If I am being robbed and the police don't turn up I don't call the RNLI.

You basically protest voted. Well done, you still won't get any funding for infrastructure. Hope you enjoyed your "we stuck it to the pig fucker" cake at the weekend.

Auctopus

My dad is Scottish born and bred but lives in England he wants to move back to Scotland but I am his unofficial carer after his stroke. I've heard stories that British aren't welcome in Scotland.

I'd move tomorrow if I were welcome, I love the Scottish side of my family to bits.

Completely untrue. You'll get a fair bit of banter that yeah at some points may be teeter on the aggressive side but the idea that Brits "aren't welcome" just isn't true.

But I wouldn't move right now, they're rightfully pissed at us still.

AHA-Lambda

Rubbish!
Hell in my experiences down south the opposite was true during indyref1

My grandmother was Scottish. Though I never met her, if things went to independence and article 50, I would probably consider it the greatest gift she ever left me if I was eligible for citizenship.

No new schools
No new doctors
no expansion to hospital

a good read if you want to see what uncontrolled migration does to a town

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...e-most-divided-place-in-england-a6838041.html

also worth noting there was a report as well on how sport direct had ruined the town where their warehouse is due to shipping in mass migration

Sadly, that IS a government issue, and all you've succeeded in doing is keeping the same government in power but with less money to invest in infrastructure. Good job. You were warned you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you treated this as an attack on the government instead of looking at all the funding and benefits provided by EU membership, so the after effects are now yours to deal with. Don't you dare try blaming future governments when things only get worse now.

Tak3n

Banned
If I am being robbed and the police don't turn up I don't call the RNLI.

You basically protest voted. Well done, you still won't get any funding for infrastructure. Hope you enjoyed your "we stuck it to the pig fucker" cake at the weekend.

call it what you like, something needs to change in my area, I have from day 1 always said I simply have no issue with anyone coming here as long as the infrastructure builds with them.... where has that happened BTW?

Did you notice yesterday when Tony Blair was challenged on this very subject, he just palmed it off and look quite uncomfortable

Audioboxer

I enjoyed him on qt last night

"Sturgeon Sturgeon Sturgeon"
*crowd groans*
"Well it's true..."

His delivery of that line was the highlight of the show.

Nah his line for Dimbleby was the best. Even got a laugh out of the brick wall faced Dimbleby himself. Salmond is the one MP who can be a dick and still get a genuine laugh.

AHA-Lambda

Only thing I regret is I have Irish ancestry, heck my name is Irish, but it doesn't go back recent enough to be eligible for an Irish passport :(

Daffy Duck

One thing that Osbourne seems to be saying though is that he is going to deliver the referendum that the people voted for, so I wouldn't be surprised if he is indeed a plant for DC now to push this through and then walk away in a similar fashion.

Rubbish!
Hell in my experiences down south the opposite was true during indyref1

I am probably recalling wrong or it was just stories from my family in the past.

Completely untrue. You'll get a fair bit of banter that yeah at some points may be teeter on the aggressive side but the idea that Brits "aren't welcome" just isn't true.

But I wouldn't move right now, they're rightfully pissed at us still.

I didn't mean literally tomorrow but if Article 50 is invoked I'd look into moving in the short term.

Audioboxer

Not Scottish though, just spent my childhood :(

Once you eat some haggis and wash it down with Irn Bru you become a brother or sister.

We don't know none of that pig fucking business for initation. At worst there were a few isolated incidents with sheep but we already deported those in question to Wales.

danowat

Banned
All this news of shares falling, the pound falling etc, don't mean anything to Joe Bloggs in the street, for those that voted leave, the sky isn't falling in, and things will be fine.

It's not until fuel, beer and food start rising, or their mortgage / rent starts skyrocketing will they realise.

All this news of shares falling, the pound falling etc, don't mean anything to Joe Bloggs in the street, for those that voted leave, the sky isn't falling in, and things will be fine.

It's not until fuel, beer and food start rising will they realise.

That will be very soon, pound plummeting i see.

Crumpo

call it what you like, something needs to change in my area, I have from day 1 always said I simply have no issue with anyone coming here as long as the infrastructure builds with them.... where has that happened BTW?

Did you notice yesterday when Tony Blair was challenged on this very subject, he just palmed it off and look quite uncomfortable

You're making this a race issue. Even if you had an influx of people from Norfolk the problem would be the same.

And you know all the extra tax receipts went on trying to plug the deficit...that's austerity, man.

On your HMO problem blame the private citizens who BTL...the recent reforms were a step in the right direction imo.

Point still stands, you protest voted and will not get what you want. However you WILL get all the negative effects we've been talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom