• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Scottish independence seems likely, NI uniting with Ireland is very unlikely IMO and no chance of independence for London lol.

NI Unification will definitely gain a lot of traction now, I could see a referendum at some point in the next few years. The real problem NI has right now is our first minister and her party were in favour of Leave, and are now basically ignoring the fact the majority of their country voted Remain. It's infuriating, especially when you see what Sturgeon is doing.

Gaelic Union sounds fantastic though, sign me up.

Hasney

I'm beginning to think it's really not going to happen, or it's in the EEA. Just fuck the country up to the point where they have no choice but to stay and just hope it works out.

Zaph

This was mostly obvious, but an extra twist of the knife:

4PO8KrZ.jpg

Steel

Banned
I agree that it's important to have a general message and definitely parliament and the new government will want to determine what the general message should be in the coming months, but I definitely agree that a general message is wanted.

Perfect summary.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Why would the EU agree to that? It would give the UK massive advantage in the negotiations.
Well what he pretty much said was "for the time being we're in the EU and all the rules and laws apply and after that we'll have new deals in place" when asked about uncertainties for companies. Implying there won't be an inbetween.

Cameron thinks because the voting majority disagreed with his decision he should step down, but somehow thinks an unelected government would have more legitimacy?

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Going to get a French passport bmir find out if I'm Irish descent

Wonder if EEA was given by EU as a carrot to leave and keep people from EU?

Par Score

Salmond: Is it your fault that the £ is in the toilet, or is it Boris's?

Cameron: It's the fucking idiots who elected me and voted leave. I never asked for this!

TheFatOne

If this mess is showing us anything it's that the SNP can be savage.
As US citizen it seems like they are the only adults right now. They hold pretty reasonable views. The shocking thing to me is that many Brits feel like Scotland should just follow them blindly. I just don't get it.

Hazzuh

Cameron thinks because the voting majority disagreed with his decision he should step down, but somehow thinks an unelected government would have more legitimacy?

As soon as there is a new tory leader they'll call an election, Cameron doesn't have the authority to say that though.

NI Unification will definitely gain a lot of traction now, I could see a referendum at some point in the next few years. The real problem NI has right now is our first minister and her party were in favour of Leave, and are now basically ignoring the fact the majority of their country voted Remain. It's infuriating, especially when you see what Sturgeon is doing.

Gaelic Union sounds fantastic though, sign me up.

Fair enough, I work with some people from NI who seem to think it's a nonstarter. I guess we'll see either way, I can't blame you for wanting to leave.

no one has the balls to invoke Article 50, I could see this dragging for months

Yeah...it feels like outwardly at least Cameron doesn't want a General Election (i mean obvs not for him) but I could imagine Labour and SNP etc heavily pushing for one and refusing to pass Article 50 until it, so whatever the government was, it was elected.

Reductio ad absurdum of sovereignty. No control whatsoever or say whatsoever.

On the altar of British hubris.

This feels like the final nail in the coffin that is Declinism. The Empire ends here, and the rest of the world is laughing its ass off, as the delusion hits home.

I hope I'm wrong, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom