• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Will Cameron go down in history as the worst PM since Chamberlain?

Even worse than Chamberlain as far as our own country is concerned. As in it won't even be the United Kingdom for much longer at all and now we're the bad guy.

David Cameron: The Worst Prime Minister of the UK there ever was.

zewone

Saves 350 million a day, controls immigration, job enrichment, have our own legislation system and justice system etc etc, lots of reasons

Edit: Sorry meant a week

After seeing the results of your actions (job loss, recession, stock market crash) do you regret your vote?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Ill be honest im not sure how he can save his legacy, this will haunt him

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Brexiters right now:

g75eRrS.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
A two-thirds majority would have been a terrible idea. Can you imagine the unrest if Leave had won, say, 55% but failed because it didn't get 66%? There would have been riots, likely a few deaths. As for turnout, we cleared 70%. There's no reasonable turnout bar they could have set that we didn't actually clear.

Remain lost. That's it.

It would have been fine. The majority would prefer leave but not a strong enough majority for a mandate. It happens all the time.

Garage even suggested that a close 'remain' vote would push them to have another vote because it wasn't a clear enough vote to remain.

Plum

New statement fresh from Number 10:

"Cameron clarifies that he will not officially resign if Boris fails to get the Politics A-Level he needs to become Prime Minister"

What a farce this country is.

ISee

So you think all 17 million people voted leave for exactly the same reason?

No of course not. That would be a ridiculous statement. But it was for sure a very important point for many people and it influenced their decission. Overall immigration is a very hot topic all around europe right now and it's being wildly misused for propaganda and to stoke fear.

SomTervo

Being poor is boss :(((((

So sorry.

I was saying to my GF this morning: "the only good thing to come of this is that we're OK no matter how much they Americanise the nation. We've got our health, got jobs, got prospects. Nothing will change for us with the current outlook."

And that sort of selfish thinking is exactly what the Right want.

Thinking about anyone living under the bread line is enough to make me cry. Millions having their lives fucked over by, frankly, bad rhetoric and yellow journalism.

So "Project Fear" is all unfolding infront of eyes within hours of the vote. Project Fact more like it, we've literally set fire to our own economy.

Sijil

Oh man and I was planning on continuing my degree (graphic design) in the UK. Guess not, might go to Germany at least I have family in Cologne.

Daffy Duck

So my 8 year old just asked what all this means on the TV.

I said basically it's like you are in a class with 27 other people, we've decided we want to go into our own class, his response; who wants to be in a class on their own.

Heartbreaking that we've fucked future generations.

Cameron is getting out before the shit hits the fan, with Scotland and the various constitutional crisis coming up he want to leave someone else to oversee the mess.

No of course not. That would be a ridiculous statement. But it was for sure a very important point for many people and it influenced their decission. Overall immigration is a very hot topic all around europe right now and it's being wildly misused for propaganda and to stoke fear.

And progressive parties absolutely suck balls in countering this.

GHG

Gold Member
After seeing the results of your actions (job loss, recession, stock market crash) do you regret your vote?

The actual "result" of this won't be realised for years. Anything happening now is reactionary.

It's about how the country bounces back.

Jumplion

Can someone explain to me why I'm seeing Leavers say "of course there will be some economic troubles at first, but it'll all be fine"?

Because this is a little bit bigger than just "growing pains"

Number45

Will Cameron go down in history as the worst PM since Chamberlain?
Until the next guy, absolutely.

Can someone explain to me why I'm seeing Leavers say "of course there will be some economic troubles at first, but it'll all be fine"?

Because this is a little bit bigger than just "growing pains"
They've been saying this since it was clear they had no economic argument, or plan. Basically since the beginning.

Lime

Hey Britain before you turn completely far-right in your spiral towards economic disaster, poisonous news media, racist policies, and severe austerity measures gutting your education and healthcare, could you please disarm all of your nuclear weapons? Thanks in advance.

antonz

So what are the economic effects of Cameron saying he's out this year?

His resignation is going to rattle the economy even more. Leave has no plan in place for anything so were hoping to keep Cameron around to stabilize the boat while they try to develop a plan.

He just told them to basically fuck off

Plum

Cameron is getting out before the shit hits the fan, with Scotland and the various constitutional crisis coming up he want to leave someone else to oversee the mess.

Sadly he's probably the best person currently to oversee the mess. He's at least got a modicum of experience. We're fucked.

SomTervo

Saves 350 million a day, controls immigration, job enrichment, have our own legislation system and justice system etc etc, lots of reasons

Edit: Sorry meant a week

And Farage has already gone back on the first one. He'll be backtracking on the rest in no time, I bet.

Good job voting leave.

Hard

Banned
we may have been born too late to explore the world, and born too early to explore space, but we can destroy the work of the former and prevent the dreams of the latter

because fuck 'em amirite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom