• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually they have. Even in this very thread. But they end up being dogpiled while having the "immigration" image thrown at them.

Oh well.

I have yet to see anything in this thread match This post

And I've looked. How about you present your arguments now? Unless you "can't be bothered" like seemingly every other Leave-Gaffer.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
FS8QqPL.gif

SmartBase

This is a massive win.

The EU will implode, and this is the start.
Iceland don't want to join, Switzerland has cancelled their application, France wants out etc.

To call England leaving xenophobic and racist is just pure ignorance and actually make you look pretty daft.

I hope we here in Sweden will have a vote as well as we're many that wants to leave, but with the incompetent moron in charge that will sadly not happen any day soon.

Please remind us, who put that person in charge?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Surely we have to have a general election in the autumn once the Tories choose a new leader?

Apt101

I don't pretend to know much about this and only started following today, but man, there is some real bitterness on all of the news outlets this morning.

Izuna

Banned
This is so fucked...

I warned about all of this, because it was laid out for all of us. But some people didn't listen...

Boris Johnson said something along the lines that if we vote I'll make that day Independence day which is fucking disgusting insult if you ask me. Countries generally have to fight wars or have been occupied for decades if not centuries. To compare the EU to that is an over-exaggeration but what do we expect from the Brexit bunch?

I think any here and any that turn up it will be agreed can remain (otherwise all the UK ex-pats will be sent back here out of spite) and as for the future (2 years at least) it will be controlled just like non-EU is right now...which is to say far more than tens of thousands no ifs no butts bullshit Camoron came out with years ago. But you could now (now being years later) shut the borders 100%...if you wanted economic suicide and achieve this largely pointless goal (we need to drive population growth as an aging population costs money to care for and pensioners don't exactly generate tax revenue).

They will fuse with the conservatives and the conservative party will veer far more to the right. Seriously, nobody ever read UKIP election manifestos but they are scary reading.

We have voted to become independent on this day.

Uzzy

He seemed one of the better ones in his early years, especially in Opposition, but he definitely grew far more odious when in power, and especially so in his last year. There's going to be some fascinating histories written about him and his Government in a few decades.

We're going to end up with Boris as PM and Gove as chancellor, aren't we?

I hate my country right now. Jesus.

Corbyn to resign as well please, and to be replaced with a viable contender.

SomTervo

Another full blown recession starting right this second, chaps.

Thanks Brexit

Gove maybe.

Fucking kill me now

He's worse than Thatcher or Cameron. He doesn't even seem to have principles. He's more like Blair.

The turtle analogy is becoming more apt by the month

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
He was a twat and only offered it as a carrot to try and get back into power at the last election.

He is also an even bigger twat for allowing a referendum with a simple majority on such an important topic. Should have had a 2/3 majority required to change the status quo, and possibly a minimum turnout requirement

A two-thirds majority would have been a terrible idea. Can you imagine the unrest if Leave had won, say, 55% but failed because it didn't get 66%? There would have been riots, likely a few deaths. As for turnout, we cleared 70%. There's no reasonable turnout bar they could have set that we didn't actually clear.

Remain lost. That's it.

Sibylus

Banned
Seen this image floating around on twitter, don't know how likely its ever to happen, but honestly wouldn't surprise me if this was what it turned out to end up like within the next 10 or 20 years.

Unl0Y1g.jpg
Gets funnier thinking about how the last image is also the more distant past.

Aki-at

Stock market crashing.

People divided more than ever.

The Prime minister of the United Kingdom crashing.

Oh god how I wish The Thick of It was still running.

Such a scary time :(

GHG

Gold Member
I have yet to see anything in this thread match This post

And I've looked. How about you present your arguments now? Unless you "can't be bothered" like seemingly every other Leave-Gaffer.

Well you clearly haven't looked hard enough because if you did then you would have seen that I'm not even a "leave-Gaffer".

I don't see the Euro countries waiting months to see who is the next PM, and on top of that waiting to see how long it will be until they invoke Article 50.

They're gonna force the UK into invoking it sooner rather than later if they want to keep other countries from following the same route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom