• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Everyday i wake up with a full few minutes of hope . Then it hits me .

I feel like I am in a nightmare . I am having a slow motion anxiety attack .

When I walk into town everyone is walking around like normal talking as normal . No hate no nothing they seem hollow.

I just want to scream at them how they "fucked it all up" how shit it will be. "why aren't you fighting this?"

I fell that should I do these things ibwill cone across as one of the doomsayers.

I call myself and think about how I am going to get though this. A million scenarios going through my head. I come in here to talk through it. But every comment is different as soon as i glimpse any ray of hope it is shitted in.

Apocalyptic dystopian visions keep playing in my head.

Upper class , cut glass accented men tell me in the most insidious way "do not be alarmed this is your freedom being taken from you . This is your future ending"

I Try to go along as normal but Inside I want to scream and shake people to wake up....

This is how it feels right now

avaya

Any sources? I'd be desperate for this to be true, given the Tories are almost exclusively motivated by wealth.

From work, my firm and several others have made it clear the passport is their last stand. EU won't give UK a passport in the EEA without significant pound of flesh extracted or UK backing out of this.

The aim is to let the country see the economic disaster that is incoming and have government change it. So this will not be clean, normal people still suffer.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Do you think to many house of cards got to cameron and he thought he would Underwood us all?

Every time he address us it looks like he is winging it.

Will the new uk trading economy be like only fools and horses?

This time next year we'll be trillionaires

Jeremy Hunt (Conservative leader hopeful), wants a 2nd referendum.

Yv7tD77.gif

Okay.

Let's say we have another referendum.

Leave wins again, but this time it's 55/45. What then?

Having a second referendum doesn't achieve anything, especially when the side that wants the referendum in the first place has spent the last few days doing everything possible to try and make referendums meaningless.

hohoXD123

From The Guardian

MacKenzie may be the one of highest-profile figures so far to publicly admit regret over his vote, but he is not alone.

Hashtags such as #Bregret #Bregretters and #Bregreter have sprung up on social media, while a poll by Survation for the Mail on Sunday found 7.1% of leave voters expressed regret over their decision, compared with 4.4% of remain voters.

MacKenzie, in his column on Monday, described the “surge” he felt when he voted leave, “as though for the first time in my life my vote did count. I had power.”

But he said on Monday: “Four days later, I don’t feel quite the same. I’ve buyer’s remorse. A sense of be careful what you wish for. To be truthful, I am fearful of what lies ahead.”

Trust Kelvin MacKenzie to be one of the ones who voted Leave without thinking.

frontieruk

Fucking hell, it's probably been posted but Brexiters in Mansfield are blaming remainers for the oncoming recession as"they are splitting the country" lmfao OK I'm officially out

Mivey

England will be the official language because it is already widely spoken in Europe and the EU still needs to trade with the United States and other large economies that trade primarily in English.
You are ignoring the French. Currently the EU has 3 "working languages", English, German and French, all documents are written in them. By reducing it to 2, they would increase the importance of French. So they will push for this like hell.

Hasney

I have this primitive instinct to disagree with anything he says.

Me too, but someone posed this hypothetical to me yesterday knowing how much I despise BJ: "If Boris was somehow contractually obligated to keep us in the EU, but has a term to do whatever else he likes in a majority government, would you take it?" And the answer was yes.

Well I wouldn't vote Hunt as PM on the basis of merely a referendum, if I was say a paid up member of the Tory party (which I may well be to vote on the leadership), I'd certainly take him over Boris or May if he was the only one to do another referendum.

Kathian

Banned
You know what. Fuck everyone saying they voted because they were discontented. Watching ITV news and all these people think they'll only impact Westminster. Tools and fools.

You are ignoring the French. Currently the EU has 3 "working languages", English, German and French, all documents are written in them. By reducing it to 2, they would increase the importance of French. So they will push for this like hell.

Having been to Scandinavia many, many times I find it hard to believe they'd give up speaking English in favour of French.

Meadows

Banned
We need to be careful about these people we see on TV talking like this.

We need to not just say "fuck those guys, racist bigots", we need to go out there, talk to them, educate them and get them involved in modern British civil society.

Some of us take pride in the fact we have no friends on Facebook that voted Leave. I take no such pride.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
We going for the all out pity gamble . Everyone political party is in fighting so badly . The EU will have to mediate it and negotiate some crazy we are out of Europe but actually in it but not in it but we are, kind of deal where people can move and trade freely but they can and can't and can

My only hope is that there is so much multinational and EU based companies in the UK and the EU having loads of uk companies with so many trade links , that to either stop trading or take them out is like a messy tangled knot and to remove them only makes it tighter . So out of frustration the EU forces a free trade free movement and labour EEA deal to keep the whole mess together less it all falls about and carries on going through Europe and beyond .

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Having been to Scandinavia many, many times I find it hard to believe they'd give up speaking English in favour of French.

Not immediately, obviously. Give it time. If an exit actually were to happen, that would be the end of London's status as the center of finance and the beginning of England's decline into relative economic irrelevance.

avaya

It should be evident that this country is finished if we don't get access to the single market.

80-85% of the non batshit crazies in Westminster know this. They also know we have to abide by the 4 freedoms. So everyone knows they will never change the immigration rules.

This is a certainty, regardless of whatever people voted for, those in charge will not commit wilful economic suicide.

BKK

Twat on the BBC News from Leeds with a Swastika tattoo.

I'm so embarrassed of this country.

I'm fucking livid.

My wife is asian and really on edge, says it feels like the 70s again.

What have people done?

There's crazy neo-nazi racists in most countries, I think that the BBC searching them out for their opinions says more about the BBC than it does for the rest of the UK. My step mother and half-sisters are Asian / half Asian, they voted to leave, as did many other Asians. Let's not fall into racists hands by turning this into a race issue.

Violet_0

Banned

no one is going to start taking French lessons now. That train has long passed, English is here to stay as the international language (of the entire world). They're just trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom