• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
J7GGiSj.png

jesus

Mr. Sam

I know football perhaps doesn't belong in here but I think this demonstrates how damaged my national pride is: I'm a massive football fan yet was too angry to even watch the game today and am in fact glad that England were further embarrassed on the world stage. Brexit has made me into a masochist.

BibiMaghoo

Can we take back control from the people who are taking back control?

I really hope so. I wondered before the vote what kind of person would want to give more power to the axis or tory evil that currently runs this country. They are all vermin at best. That they won the last election outright just highlights how pathetic the other choices were for the country at the time. I didn't vote for them, but enough people did.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Oh LOL, Hodgson has resigned in the football............. I can't even....

I don't know about that, it is one sovereign country (Scotland and Northern Ireland are constituent countries of the union) after all, but yes, it is an ill-conceived idea to leave the EU and all its benefits.
The United Kingdom is a union of four nations: England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland. Each of those four countries has the right to hold a referendum if they believe the union is no longer serving their national interests.

ColdRose

I just can't do it. I can't look at people the same way.

All this referendum is pushing towards is exactly what we had before with less benefits and higher costs. I don't understand anything anymore. It's so frustrating.

Yes, me too. I find myself glaring at the elderly for god's sake. Which, just, doesn't feel right and yet also does. Everybody I pass, it's like their vote is the single determining factor in whether I can have any respect for them at all at the moment. I'm not a hateful person, I'm not used to feeling like this. I actively despise a large number of the electorate, and it feels crap but it also feels justified.

I'm not working with any of you. The only thing I'm working on now is securing the best future I can for myself and my family I can, and if that means leaving each and everyone of you to your misery so be it.

Why on earth would I set sail on a ship with crewmates that have set it on fire? You must be bloody mad.

Yes, this. There's no unity to have here. Leave voters - you allied yourselves with absolute fucking monsters, and you sold my children's futures, and two unions I happened to give a shit about (I'm a better together person for both the UK and EU - though now fully support Scottish Independence) down the river for some vision of England that never fucking existed and will never fucking exist. You bastards. I want out.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
US GAF, Euro GAF, World Gaf.

Just. Just. Give us a week. Just leave us alone for a week.

ugh

I've decided to establish my own sovereign independent state. It's the only way.

jm89

Delighted that England lost so embarrassingly tonight. You know it is going to have upset all the little Englanders who voted Leave. Fuck them.

I'm with you, was supporting iceland all the way.

As petty as it may seem i just couldn't support england knowing how fucked our country is right now because of the leave voters.

Kadayi

Banned
Nope - activating article 50 will make stuff even worse. Activating article 50 means there's no going back, and we still won't have a clue what's going on. Right now the city is putting immense pressure on the Tories to not take us out.

There's no option. The result was leave. Anyone attempting to bypass that is committing political suicide. Two years is plenty of time to establish agreements, especially given the likes of Germany, etc want to resolve matters amicably.

This idea that the government and Cameron in particular can happily do nothing on the issue whilst the country nose dives into another recession, and not be held accountable come the next GE is farcical.

AngryMoth

Watching bbc news now interviewing people saying that want migrants to go home "as soon as possible". Fucking disgraceful.

Honestly, as someone that sees the front pages of the sun and the daily express everyday because my mum buys them, I think the tabloid rags bare no small part of the blame for the ridiculously overblown anti-immigrant sentiment in this country.

Brannon

US GAF, Euro GAF, World Gaf.

Just. Just. Give us a week. Just leave us alone for a week.

ugh

Dude it's gonna get worse; We yanks got flagellated forever after Bush got his second term.

Just... endure.

I mean, granted, this situation is so much more viciously bad, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom