• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lime

No real estate / office spaces left. We don't want no immigration of filthy foreign banks to take away our precious office space needed for german banks.

Just relegate the British banks to do the low-paying jobs in Germany. Have them clean the precious office spaces. And then treat them like shit and take away their rights while saying they are mooching on society.

kiguel182

don't know if already posted:

Chris Ship ‏@chrisshipitv
Just heard this rumour in the City: both @BNPParibas and @jpmorgan planning to relocate to Paris #BrexitVote

https://twitter.com/chrisshipitv/status/746315661593423872

He is an ITV reporter.

That wouldn't be surprising.

If companies start leaving London (and why wouldn't they?) this will be a big blow to England and a win for the EU.

We will have to wait and see but the EU would be smart to try and court them out of there for our sake and to make the EU overall stronger.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
Just relegate the British banks to do the low-paying jobs in Germany. Have them clean the precious office spaces. And then treat them like shit and take away their rights while saying they are mooching on society.

I appreciate your ways of thinking.

Lime

13532918_1238441926166085_1730596561430089338_n.jpg

Wonder why Paris instead of Frankfurt or somewhere in Germany.
BNP is French, with a Paris HQ. So wouldn't really be leaving to set up shop somewhere else, just expanding and consolidating in France I guess.

Not surprising - BNPParibas had already said that would happen should Brexit occur.

But hey, we don't listen to experts! Who wants a successful economy!
B-b-b-b-but bankers are wankers!

They killed our livelihoods and sent BHS into administration. They must be banished from the land.

Lime

Other's will try, and it's exactly why I don't see the EU giving us that much of a favourable deal.

Already it is pretty evident how bad it is to leave the EU

But never underestimate people's racism - there's a reason the crazy far right is so popular these days

OCD Guy

Britain already has an insane immigration policy and legislation, so I don't even know what the hell people are complaining about

Or is it just the existing British citizens who don't look "English" who also should be thrown out?

There's just too many myths out there.

Like the fact some people actually believe an illegal immigrant can come to the UK and get a house, and shit loads of benefits.

A family member had to sign on (we don't have british passports) but have been in the country for a very long time, and getting JSA was an absolute nightmare. It wasn't straight forward at all.

They had to go through a H.R.T, and go through a "Genuine propsect of work". After passing those they were only granted 6 months of contribution based, and weren't elegible for income based due to their residence status.

Also getting a house is not easy at all. It works on a points system, and a fully fit male in good health with a genuine prospect of work has no chance of getting a house. Whereas a disabled mother with a child would score more points. But there's more people in need of accommodation than there are actual accommodations. So the reality is many are put in halfway houses, hostels, b&bs before randomly given a house lol.

There's no chance that an illegal immigrant can walk in to this country and get given a 5 bedroom house and 50k a year.

-duskdoll-

Just because he doesn't have as much as he says he does doesn't mean he's not rich. He probably has more money in the bank then I'll ever have in my entire life.

No it means he loves to bullshit people. A person's wealth is not indicative of their character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom