• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ultimate GAFfer Sports Fan List - 2009 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for having me covered in as a Cowboys fan in the NFL portion, but I'm a Los Angeles Lakers fan as well!

Those are my major sports, but I'm a casual fan of any other LA based teams as well (e.g. Dodgers, Kings, Galaxy, Avengers, etc.)

Great thread BTW! :D

Missed this thread a long time ago, figured I'll post in it now :D

MLB - LA Dodgers
College - USC Trojans
NFL - Indianapolis Colts
NHL - Los Angeles Kings

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
WTF

Update this now

College: UNC
NBA: Charlotte Bobcats
NFL: Carolina Panthers
MLB: Durham Bulls and Affiliates!

College: University of Kentucky
College: Georgia Tech
NFL: Steelers
MLB: Atlanta Braves
MLB: Yankees

college explanation: basketball and football for UK, basketball and football for GT - if UK plays GT in anything, UK in basketball, GT in football
nfl explanation -best friend from Pitt
MLB explanation - uncle from atl, was a kid in the early 90s! neon deion, glavine, maddux, my uncle had his braves hat, and ky has no baseball, + world series. then went to Tech for undergrad...man the braves...; yankee's mainly because my uncle is jeter's lawyer so i've gotten to hear lots of sweet stories for many many years, so ive been following them for a while too.

Jeff-DSA

MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers
NBA: Utah Jazz
NFL: Miami Dolphins
College: Brigham Young University
MLS: Real Salt Lake
EPL: Chelsea

NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
MLS: Toronto FC
NCAA: UNC Tar Heels
Olympics: Canada
World Cup: Netherlands

I hate hockey and anyone who likes it. Also, Yankees/Red Sox because the Blue Jays can never make the fucking playoffs.

Smokey

This is a crime and it must be updated with my name now

NBA - Houston Rockets
MLB- Houston Astros
NFL - Houston Texans
College - University of Houston

DY_nasty

How the fuck am I not king of Bobcats-age and commander in chief of Heels nation?

Adam, get your ass back to your thread and update this shit immediately.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
PACKERS are my number one team!

I live in the pacific northwest so I like the Blazers, Seahawks and Mariners as well. I usually cheer for the Bengals if they aren't playing Green Bay. I'm a big Washington State fan since I went to college there and someday they will have a good football team again. It may not be for a long time, but it will taste all the sweeter when they do!

kkaabboomm said:
College: University of Kentucky
College: Georgia Tech
NFL: Steelers
MLB: Atlanta Braves
MLB: Yankees

college explanation: basketball and football for UK, basketball and football for GT - if UK plays GT in anything, UK in basketball, GT in football
nfl explanation -best friend from Pitt
MLB explanation - uncle from atl, was a kid in the early 90s! neon deion, glavine, maddux, my uncle had his braves hat, and ky has no baseball, + world series. then went to Tech for undergrad...man the braves...; yankee's mainly because my uncle is jeter's lawyer so i've gotten to hear lots of sweet stories for many many years, so ive been following them for a while too.
Your MLB explanation is of no use. There's simply no excuse for being both a Braves and a Yankees fan, you might as well be both a UGA and GT fan (ok, it's not that bad, but still difficult for me to fathom).

1a. Georgia Tech Football
1b. Georgia Tech Basketball
2. Atlanta Falcons
3. Atlanta Hawks
4. Atlanta Braves
5. Atlanta Thrashers
6. Georgia Tech Baseball

edit: And I enjoy soccer but there's no Atlanta team yet, hopefully Arthur Blank changes that and we get an MLS team, that would probably go between the Falcons and the Hawks if it ever happens.

Ranked in order of fandom

Cleveland Cavs
Ohio State Football
Cleveland Browns
Ohio State Basketball
Cleveland Indians
USA Soccer (I guess, I play as Man U in FIFA 10 cuz it's the only euro team I know)

College Football:
South Carolina Gamecocks

NFL:
Carolina Panthers

Soccer:
US National Team

EDIT: My deepest apologies are extended to those that are offended by my diverse academic transcript and institutions. :lol

DY_nasty

Gamecocks625 said:
College Football:
Oklahoma Sooners
Florida Gators
South Carolina Gamecocks

NFL:
Carolina Panthers

Soccer:
US National Team
wtf :lol

Brinbe

Just to have something on record.

NBA - Toronto Raptors
NHL - Toronto Maple Leafs
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays
NFL - Philadelphia Eagles/Buffalo Bills
CFL - Toronto Argonauts
MLS - Toronto FC
EPL - Manchester United
CFB - Penn State I guess
CBB - No real loyalty, just like exciting teams. Do root for any Philly-area team (Nova, St. Joes, Temple, etc) if they do well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom