• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The United States Grand Prix |OT| Formula 1 Returns to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Really hope this thread manages to get us some more posters into our OT.

The GP being in the US makes it much easier for me to be in the thread. Watch every race and follow the news in between races but I'm usually behind where you guys are because of my schedule. I usually have to wait for replays during the European/Asian races and try to avoid the results as much as possible.

Wonder what Nando can pull from 8th. Seb and Hamilton should be a great battle, I'd love to see a straight fight between the two.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
The GP being in the US makes it much easier for me to be in the thread. I usually have to wait for replays during the European/Asian races and try to avoid the results as much as possible.

Yep. I'm an avid reader of the OT, but I have to avoid it like the plague until I watch my recording of the race.

Deadman

I dont know if commentators in other countries said it but Brundle on sky said that red bull believe being on the dirty side of the track (even number positions) means you will lose probably 2 places at the start because its so slippery.

So hamilton, raikkonen, massa, alonso.

Addnan

I dont know if commentators in other countries said it but Brundle on sky said that red bull believe being on the dirty side of the track (even number positions) means you will lose probably 2 places at the start because its so slippery.

Good thing for Raikkonen Webber is ahead of him!

malyce

The GP being in the US makes it much easier for me to be in the thread. Watch every race and follow the news in between races but I'm usually behind where you guys are because of my schedule. I usually have to wait for replays during the European/Asian races and try to avoid the results as much as possible.

Wonder what Nando can pull from 8th. Seb and Hamilton should be a great battle, I'd love to see a straight fight between the two.

Not if Lewis can't get heat into those tires quick enough. Vettel is gonna be out of DRS by the the end of lap 1. Plus Ham is starting on the dirty side of the grid.

Kipp

If this turns out to be the case, Dammit.

But on the other hand, of course Red Bull would say this since they've got the good side of the track.

Sloane

Banned

Plus webber who always starts as if he was on the dirty side.

I really feel bad for Hamilton. With his skills he should have been double world champion already. Mclaren really fuckedup his chances this year.

I hope he can get a better drive at mercedes next year and in 2014.

Hamilton had his chance for double glory but he fucked it up. He'll never win another championship.

kharma45

They're aiming for 2014 aren't they? I don't know who is going to challenge RBR unless ferrari really picks up or Perez turns out perfect for McLaren and get soen luck.

They've been working on 2013 for quite a while I think, or at least I hope they have.

Would explain the lack of development on the car.

Omiee

Wait what? Hamilton was saying he is on the slippery side of the grid and Vettel and Webber are on the clean side of the track.

Wes

venison crêpe
So because of Grosjean moving back Alonso is now on the dirty side of the track for the start?

Man, even when he's not racing he's pissing people off.

Salacious Crumb

So that means Webber will only lose 4-5 places off the start?

I'm suprised by what Hamilton said in the press conference. He said he didn't want to get in the way of Vettels race, yet he'd like to win. Seems to me he just wants to finish the race, on the podium most likely but won't fight Vettel too hard. He better go all out, I want to see aggressive Hamilton at the start.

I'm suprised by what Hamilton said in the press conference. He said he didn't want to get in the way of Vettels race, yet he'd like to win. Seems to me he just wants to finish the race, on the podium most likely but won't fight Vettel too hard. He better go all out, I want to see aggressive Hamilton at the start.

I don't want to see a boneheaded move decide a championship.

I don't want to see a boneheaded move decide a championship.

The only way the championship will be decided in this race is if Alonso has a bad race, Vettel could have a DNF and will still be favorite to win going into Brazil. It would just mean the championship would come down to the last race, which is what I think most people would want.

Hamilton had some bigger mistakes in his lap. Vettel lost some time too, both cars should be on par.
Vettel vs. Hamilton should be interesting tomorrow.

dalin80

Banned

A few mixed emotions on the go, on one hand he has been driving his best ever this year and has been untouchable and that has to be very satisfying, on the other hand he is no longer part of the championship that if it weren't for mclaren screw ups would have been his easily 3 races ago.

The only way the championship will be decided in this race is if Alonso has a bad race, Vettel could have a DNF and will still be favorite to win going into Brazil. It would just mean the championship would come down to the last race, which is what I think most people would want.

No. I want the fastest driver and car combination win to on any given Sunday.

I want the other teams and drivers to step their game up.

Misfortune and luck are ofcourse part of racing but the gaf thread is generally centered solely around that.

Shaneus

Only safe bet with the start is that Webber will mess it, as usual :D
It's downhill though! We're all set :)

Well you could argue that grosjeans crash at Spa decided the championship, Alonso would still be in the lead if it wasn't for that...
Yup. I mean, you can always say "everyone has crashes so it balances out etc." but that one was far more than a racing incident. But I guess we should be grateful at least that Alonso didn't die or even get injured.

Fucking Grosjean.

PS. Guess which team boss I'm impersonating after this race:
"Congratulations ***** you've won the 2013 Formula 1 World Drivers Championship. Well done"

Still, can't say he (and his team, obviously) didn't deserve it, though.

Kipp

Anyone else notice that they painted over those garish stars in the esses? Thank goodness for that.

Chris R

Great first race at the track! Can't wait for tomorrow!

Webba penalty? So watch him have a perfect start and end up in roughly the same position he would have if he didn't get the penalty.

Also I think I saw Kimi sitting in a van outside the track as I left but I wasn't 100% sure.

Webber what? Four hours after the qualifying ended?

Fucking hell.

Jon Noble @NobleF1 6s
Mark Webber given reprimand over weighbridge incident

Michael Wise ‏@SkySportsMike
Reprimand for @AussieGrit for missing weight check in Q1; no further action for Schumacher after incident with Alonso #skyf1

Igo

Hamilton had his chance for double glory but he fucked it up. He'll never win another championship.
I hope you're talking about 2010 because I put 2007 on McLaren. Lewis wanted to come in for new tyres in China but the fools kept him out on tires worn down to their carcass.

You're right that he may never win another championship though. It would be a real shame but there are other incredible drivers who only won one too.

Shaneus

Is the weighbridge thing something that's easy to do? What's the penalty?

Wait... that's the thing we see them do at the end of a race, yes? I'd imagine it'd be pretty hard to "miss" something like that after a qualifying session.

Shaneus

It was after Q1
Yeah, I meant the weighbridge is the same thing we see the three podium finishers do before they head to the podium, hence where I mentioned that something like that'd be hard to forget to do given it's so routine and everyone knows where it is. Just wanted to clarify they were the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom