• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The United States Grand Prix |OT| Formula 1 Returns to the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Wow Lewis almost pulled that off.

The aero on that RB is on another level. Amazing seeing that thing go around corners.

hobz360

Alonso better do something VERY special tomorrow to catch up to Vettel..... Or Massa t-bones Vettel hehe.....

Very nice run by Hamilton too, soooo close!

Salacious Crumb

Will you accept that the Ferrari is shit now Omiee?

If Hamilton isn't first after the first corner I think I'll watch GBs Wii U live stream instead of the race.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Ferrari is suffering on this track, their car is just not suited for this kind of high downforce track.

also, i have no hopes for Mercedes in 2013, but they could be team to beat in 2014

Omiee

Chill people.

If Hamilton wins tomorrow and Vettel is second or third than the championship is not over.

Alonso will def score 6 or more points.

rossonero

Damn it was a nice qualification session anyway. I like the track and it's great to see that much people.

BTW who is rumored to take over Hamilton's drive at McLaren?

ramparter

Banned
Massa's Q2 time would get him on 4th place. No more excuses for Alonso, Ferrari = Red Bull, Vettel > Nando.

OK I took it too far :p

G-Unit

I was thinking the same. He let it be closer than it should have been. He was clearly not pushing it all the way.

But man Alonso is slow as fuck, 1.7 seconds.

Oh-Wait-Youre-Serious_o_97195.gif

jee

This is what happens when they race on a track that doesn't let Ferraris insane straight speeds make up for their drivers lack of skill.

Road

Massa's Q2 time would get him on 4th place. No more excuses for Alonso, Ferrari = Red Bull, Vettel > Nando.

OK I took it too far :p

You did.

But, yeah, Ferrari could have been 4th. They either changed the car or there simply wasn't enough time to get the tires on a better temperature in Q3.

Webber fans aren't going to be happy with that little Webber / Hamilton exchange.

Hamilton: "You guys are so quick"
Webber, pointing at Vettel: "He's the quick one."

Omiee

I really feel bad for Hamilton. With his skills he should have been double world champion already. Mclaren really fuckedup his chances this year.

I hope he can get a better drive at mercedes next year and in 2014.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
You think there's any chance of a no-stopper? I heard them saying that the tires looked brand new after 19 laps or something like that during one of the practice sessions. I wonder if Alonso could somehow pull ahead of Vettel that way...
It would be such a joy to see a massive pileup on turn 1 putting Alonso in the lead. Hehe

kharma45

You think there's any chance of a no-stopper? I heard them saying that the tires looked brand new after 19 laps or something like that during one of the practice sessions. I wonder if Alonso could somehow pull ahead of Vettel that way...
It would be such a joy to see a massive pileup on turn 1 putting Alonso in the lead. Hehe

You have to make one stop if it's dry, rules are you have to use one set of each dry compound.

No stopper is not an option in F1 anymore because all drivers now have to use both compounds during the race.

h3ro

One compulsory stop since you have to use both compounds of tire.

They could do this for the lols but it would mean the disqualification of Alonso.

Omiee

You have to make one stop if it's dry, rules are you have to use one set of each dry compound.

No stopper is not an option in F1 anymore because all drivers now have to use both compounds during the race.

One compulsory stop since you have to use both compounds of tire.

I think he got it guys =P

Just kidding.

Really hope this thread manages to get us some more posters into our OT.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Ah. Wasn't aware that one stop was mandatory. Bummer. Out of curiosity, why does that rule exist?

malyce

Vettel is the fastest qualifier on the grid in any car, and the fastest in clean air. Two things that make his wins boring as shit to watch.

Hamilton is the fastest driver on the grid.

Vettel is a great driver don't get me wrong, but his flaws are easily covered up by Newey's fucking genius.

Alonso is the best driver in a race.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom