• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The very best of social media

rofif

Canā€™t Git Gud

God called, he wants to burn humanity in the ovens of hell.

I've been there. The walls of shoes and personal items and stuff. The smell is still there.
They should throw her the fuck away.

On the other hand - There is some merit to casualizing these places. Do not give the credit to the nazis you know... but still shitty as it is now

Regginator

I've been there. The walls of shoes and personal items and stuff. The smell is still there.
They should throw her the fuck away.

On the other hand - There is some merit to casualizing these places. Do not give the credit to the nazis you know... but still shitty as it is now
There's no merit whatsoever though. And I don't understand that credit part. "Casualizing" a place like Auschwitz doesn't mean not giving Nazis credit. In fact, it's the "casualizing" that would downplay the Nazi fascist atrocities.

CGNoire

No other game has that damage system so it must be it.
I mean it could be an offline render?

The reason I say this is cause @300mph the number of substeps the physics system would need would be pretty darn high for realtime. Also the lightimg doesnt look quite as flat as I rememner Beamng looking.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

The reason I say this is cause @300mph the number of substeps the physics system would need would be pretty darn high for realtime. Also the lightimg doesnt look quite as flat as I rememner Beamng looking.
Then i don't know.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
It's like a really bad nightmare. AI literally makes your nightmare fuel dreams into film.
I second this nightmare comparison. Itā€™s like some mad world. I wonder if AI could make a movie about your life. Feed it videos and photos of everything you did, everything you failed or succeeded at, into a full feature film or TV show.

Toots

Gold Member
I just don't understand why AI videos are almost identical to tripping balls, scientist need to research this, I feel like we are missing a trick here
Tripping balls is like experimenting a reality you are not familiar with, and it is what AI do essentially with the material world.

NeoGuff

Banned

It definitely BeamNG.Drive its had some real cool graphics updates lately

NeoGuff

Banned
Well Im gonna have to check it out again.

Know of any must have mods?
Ive been playing flood escape crater mostly lately. Where the water level keeps rising and you have to escape by driving up and around the inside of a crater trying to get to the top before you end up under water.

Its a really fun driving simulator for physics and just for messing about in. And I only payed Ā£15 for it in the steam sale. Bargain

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Crazy to think 17 year olds are allowed to drive cars like an M3 - I wouldn't have survived for 2 weeks if I'd had access to one of those as a kid.
They couldn't do that in Italy. You gotta be at least 18 to get a licence here, and for 3 years after getting one there's a limit to the power of cars you can drive (70kW). Seeing this video, that's a sensible decision.

Kamina

Golden Boy
They couldn't do that in Italy. You gotta be at least 18 to get a licence here, and for 3 years after getting one there's a limit to the power of cars you can drive (70kW). Seeing this video, that's a sensible decision.
I gotta admit, some laws you have make a lot of sense hen it comes to driving safety, but i dislike the need to pay to go on the highway in Italy, or here in Austria for that matter.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I think it depends on the person, age doesn't necessary means being a responsible driver.

Also, in theory a dude who just got the license is gonna drive slower and more carefully than a dude with more self-confidence, but then again, it depend on the person.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
It does, since with age comes experience, with experience comes knowing what you can do and, what a car can do and what others can do.
A 17 years old dude can be more responsible than a 25 years old dude, nothing is written in the stone.

Experience can only go that far if you are a shithead that always drive fast instead of a calm type that drive slow/normally.

It is not a rule that apply to everyone dude.

My sister is a shithead, she drive way worse than dudes who just got a license, and she is 41.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I think it depends on the person, age doesn't necessary means being a responsible driver.

Also, in theory a dude who just got the license is gonna drive slower and more carefully than a dude with more self-confidence, but then again, it depend on the person.
Theory is nice, but the law is wise to be better safe than sorry.

Sure, thereā€™s some ridiculous consequences. I once had to lend my car to my cousin for a week because he has just got his license and couldnā€™t drive his motherā€™s car while she was away, and my aunt didnā€™t exactly have a Ferrari.

Still, freshly licensed teens shouldnā€™t drive powerful cars. Iā€™ve seen one too many visibly struggling to keep one of those Ferraris or BMWs under control at cruise speed. And you can always count on a teenager to just go full YOLO just because. No reason to risk it, nobody really needs that type of car anyway except as a way of flaunting a metaphorical penis.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Theory is nice, but the law is wise to be better safe than sorry.

Sure, thereā€™s some ridiculous consequences. I once had to lend my car to my cousin for a week because he has just got his license and couldnā€™t drive his motherā€™s car while she was away, and my aunt didnā€™t exactly have a Ferrari.

Still, freshly licensed teens shouldnā€™t drive powerful cars. Iā€™ve seen one too many visibly struggling to keep one of those Ferraris or BMWs under control at cruise speed. And you can always count on a teenager to just go full YOLO just because. No reason to risk it, nobody really needs that type of car anyway except as a way of flaunting a metaphorical penis.
Yeah, those cars are dangerous for almost anyone who is not used to that degree of power.

bender

What time is it?
Wait for it.
200w.gif

Toots

Gold Member
Better than most movie chase scenes.
When i first saw this i was in awe of the dudes driving, so smooth and with a passenger on the back...
I wonder if, just like talented hackers can be hired by the cia after showing their prowesses, can this driver be hired by some moto gp team i mean, if he can go this fast on a shitty scooter with someone one the back and the pressure of the cop behind him, how fast can he go in a competitive context ??

Top Bottom