• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Sora_N

Interesting seeing that most of the choices are 50% right now.

Overall it was ok, but I feel it wasn't as good as any single episode from season 1.

In the end everyone left except for Russell, I guess Nate really ruined his trusting.

I loved how at the diner, they mentioned the stuff like the boat and stuff from season 1. Were there any other references I missed?

Astery

I want to lose the rock paper scissors segment, end up winning every round of it after almost 2 hours of repeating that checkpoint. God damn it.

IMGF

Neo Member
Interesting seeing that most of the choices are 50% right now.

Overall it was ok, but I feel it wasn't as good as any single episode from season 1.

In the end everyone left except for Russell, I guess Nate really ruined his trusting.

I loved how at the diner, they mentioned the stuff like the boat and stuff from season 1. Were there any other references I missed?
Just the Reunited achievement you get when you hide from the truck during Russel's part.

Sora_N

What happens if I rewind so I can get the RPS trophy? Will I have to replay all the other segments or else my choices don't get passed on when S2 hits?

What happens if I rewind so I can get the RPS trophy? Will I have to replay all the other segments or else my choices don't get passed on when S2 hits?

Don't know, but you could copy the save file in the menu to an empty slot so it wouldn't matter.

Better than I expected.

Russell
I walked away from the guy and he killed both those old people?

Bonnie
I told Leland the truth.

Wyatt
I lost the RPS game and I got left behind.

Vince
I hid the evidence and I shot the guy who was in the pyramid scheme to escape.

Shel
I said to kill the trespasser but then bailed and didn't kill Stephanie.

Epilogue
Only Bonnie and Shel left to go to the safety zone.

I wonder if the
safety zone
is taking some inspiration from the comic.

Vashetti

Banned
I have all five of the original episodes downloaded and completed on my UK PSN account.

However, I have just over $5 on my NA PSN account. Is it possible for me to download 400 Days through that and it be compatible with my UK game/save?

Wow, fantastic piece of DLC, I'm really digging the storytelling in 400 Days more than Walking Dead proper. Shifting the story between multiple characters was refreshing and cut a lot of the filler that was present in Walking Dead proper.

When Bonnie smashes Debbie's face. I honestly could not look at Debbie's face without getting physically ill. I missed one dialogue choice because I wasn't looking at my monitor. Well done, Telltale.

Results

Vince
Hid the gun and shot the alleged rapist. Although, I honestly wasn't understanding the situation because I wouldn't have shot him if I knew we were going to leave him.

Wyatt
I won at Rock Paper Scissors!

Shel
I let the trespasser go. I didn't kill Stephanie and drove away.

Russell
I was honest with Nate, but I couldn't allow him to shoot the people so I left him.

Bonnie
Honest throughout...also Lobster Claws

Epilogue
Russell was the only one who stayed at camp. FUUUUUUUU!!!!

Thoraxes

In the order I played them in.

Bonnie:
Probably my least favorite. I didn't care about her junkie past because it was tossed around like a wet kleenex. The wife killing thing came up unexpected for me, but I told the truth because I didn't want to deal with the whole lying thing again. Her chapter had tension, but honestly it was too short lived and I thought she was the most boring and atypical character. The whole side woman in the main relationship thing is pretty played out, and having her be a recovering junkie does nothing for me.

Russel:
Probably my second favorite of the bunch. He's taking the harshness of the situation a little too seriously (as he should!), but man his interactions with Nate were funny. I like how level-headed he was out of all of them.

Vince:
I think I liked him the second least. His story was good, and he left with the shady as fuck guy, but other than that his stuff was waaaay too short to get any good read on him. I liked the tie-in to the drug store at the beginning though.

Wyatt:
My bro left me, you asshole. Should've never gotten out of the car. Their dialogue was the best though, and he was a cool dude.

Shel:
Let the guy go. The result sucked. Decided to drive off. Roman had uguuu~ eyes that made me think he was an adorable little puppy every time he showed up so I couldn't take him seriously. I wonder what happened to Vernon and the boat? Sounds like he burned some bridges and left everyone.

I think Becca and Nate were my favorite characters from all this. Especially because I can't wait to see more of
crazy Nate (because he is fucking unhinged and hilarious with how offensive he gets) and Becca get shit on when the world collapses on her. It was great when I told her to go shoot Stephanie and she got all yellow-bellied real fast. Also she's got spunk when you don't confront her, which is fun. Nate was hilarious because he just wanted to get turned on in the car, being totally offensive and rude about the women Russell knew, but then defended Russell when the old guy called him a "spook". For Nate it was kinda funny on his character because of his give-no-fucks about personal space/information and being offensive, but hates when you talk shit about people and are racist. He's like an asshole with a good, but slightly broken, moral compass (outside of shooting the old people).

In the end I got
Shel/Becca, and Bonnie to come with.

It was worth my $5. Didn't encounter any glitches either, so there's that.

News Bot

Banned
Hated how Nate turned out. Did they really need to make him so blatantly cliché insane? He was far more likable beforehand.

Madness

Is the wonkiness fixed with this dlc? I mean the awkward camera/controls at times? Otherwise, so excited to get this soon. I loved the hell out of the first 5 episodes. A game that made me care about some random sprites.

Even my girlfriend who wasn't even interested in the game, and was busy using her iPad or whatever, started to follow and understand the story, remembered who Clementine is, or what the characters were doing. That's how you know you made a great game, even people who just passively observe it, start to follow or care about the characters.

Has anyone seen any discounts on this yet? At GMG it seems the 10% off code works but not the 25%. Just want to know if there's anything better before I check out.

Code btw is GMG10-VTTCS-VYH18

Vashetti

Banned
I have all five of the original episodes downloaded and completed on my UK PSN account.

However, I have just over $5 on my NA PSN account. Is it possible for me to download 400 Days through that and it be compatible with my UK game/save?

Just asking again as I really want to play this but don't want to wait for it to release in the UK.

Really enjoyed this, it's going to be fun seeing how all of this plays into Season 2. Though I made a few dumb decisions in retrospect, but like Season 1 I'm going to stick with what I did the first time through and stay with it. In order of the episodes I played them in:

Vince:
Saved the rapist, stayed with the group at the end. Would have saved the money launderer instead but for some bizarre reason I misheard what he said at one point and got the impression he openly admitted to killing the people he worked with whereas Danny kept insisting he was innocent. NO clue how I made that mistake, should probably play with subtitles on next time.

Wyatt:
Lost the RPS game, stayed with the group at the end. Guessing winning the RPS game will get him to go with Tavia?

Shel:
Spared the hostage's life, killed Stephanie, stayed with the group.

Russel:
Hid from Nate since I think he had the same truck that was chasing Wyatt? Went with him to the diner but told him to fuck off when he was going to shoot the old folks. He stayed with the group.

Bonnie:
Didn't flirt with Leland, lied about killing his wife since I felt the other responses for such a tense situation would give off an even worse impression, only character to leave with Tavia.

Really hope all five characters are in season 2 regardless of how this DLC pans out, since I
really don't want to be stuck with Bonnie. Found her the least interesting out of the five to be honest.
Love the quick nods to Season 1 too, though I'm glad I've never run into the save glitches which would've ruined those moments.

This DLC really didn't do anything for me. I loved the main game, but I didn't get enough time to bond with any of the characters in the DLC, so I didn't really care about my choices at all. And since there's no real followup to any of the chapters it's hard to really care one way or the other. For the record:

Vince:
Threw the gun on the roof, immediately regretted it after remembering the first case in LA Noire. Shot the Wall Street guy's foot off, went "...whuh?" when it turned out to be like ten minutes long :p

Wyatt:
Lost scissors paper rock, tried to drag the cop back because why not? I have to say, though, he looked a hell of a lot like a zombie to me, both before and after we hit him. I don't understand why Wyatt thought he was human, or why the game expected me to feel the same. He was even moaning! Ah well, did the shooty draggy bit, got stranded.

Shel:
Let the guy go, listened to the awful expository dialogue after the time skip. Two characters telling eachother things they obviously already know, solely for the benefit of catching the viewer up, is one of the worst writing cliches. "Ever since Boyd died Roman's really cracked down on our security", she says to her sister who has been living with her the whole time. Chose not to drive away, knowing Roman would come and find us and thinking there'd be more options to try and defuse the situation, because I thought the setup of 'trusted friend turned traitor now kill her lol no you can't talk to her first' was too contrived to take at face value. I was wrong.

Russell:
Tried to hide from the truck, had absolutely no idea that was supposed to be Carly. I didn't see anything but the worm crawling out of her eye-socket, how did you guys recognise her? Anyway, I tried to go along with Nate as long as I could, because I thought he'd be hiding some interesting character development under the crazy. When it became clear he was going to shoot the old couple I picked "Are you serious?", because it looked like the only option that would give me any explanation about why the man seemed to recognise Nate and what all the mask stuff was about, but it just leads to Russell walking away.

Bonnie:
Called Dee a bitch early on, but was genuinely apologetic after clobbering her. Didn't tell Leland what I'd done.

Dunno what choices I made with Tavia, or whether that has any bearing on anything, but only Bonnie ended up going with her. No idea what that means for my Season 2 save file. Are all you guys just guessing that these characters are the main cast of S2, or has there been some official confirmation? I'm not really crazy about any of them, to be honest.

My main problem, other than my lack of any real connection with the events, was that I felt a lot of the dialogue choices were poorly designed. Pretty often I ended up saying something I didn't intend because a choice was worded too vaguely, and other times it felt like obvious choices weren't there to begin with. It's something I experienced with the first episode of the main game (for example, I would like to have been able to say "Hey Duck, stop fiddling with that tractor's gear stick"), but they got much better with that as they went along. 400 Days just doesn't feel up to the same level of quality.

Roto13

Hated how Nate turned out. Did they really need to make him so blatantly cliché insane? He was far more likable beforehand.

He was always insane and never likeable. They just made him evil and insane instead of annoyingly neutral and insane.

Starting up... "Would you like to generate story decisions for missed episodes?"

The save game problems with this series are never going to end, are they

Baleoce

Wow, fantastic piece of DLC, I'm really digging the storytelling in 400 Days more than Walking Dead proper. Shifting the story between multiple characters was refreshing and cut a lot of the filler that was present in Walking Dead proper.

When Bonnie smashes Debbie's face. I honestly could not look at Debbie's face without getting physically ill. I missed one dialogue choice because I wasn't looking at my monitor. Well done, Telltale.

Results

Vince
Hid the gun and shot the alleged rapist. Although, I honestly wasn't understanding the situation because I wouldn't have shot him if I knew we were going to leave him.

Wyatt
I won at Rock Paper Scissors!

Shel
I let the trespasser go. I didn't kill Stephanie and drove away.

Russell
I was honest with Nate, but I couldn't allow him to shoot the people so I left him.

Bonnie
Honest throughout...also Lobster Claws

Epilogue
Russell was the only one who stayed at camp. FUUUUUUUU!!!!

Nice, exactly the same as my playthrough xD

Just finished this. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for Season 2. One of the few series I actually get excited about. It's funny that these episdoes are so good yet the show and the comics are absolute dog shit(at least in my opinion).

Vexxan

Credits just started rolling, even if it was pretty short it's kinda hard not to get attached to the characters. Might do another play-through to see what happens when I pick the other choices but man I can't wait for Season 2.

Frazley

Was going to play on Vita, but I can't stand to replay again because I feel attached to my S1 choices. Just bought 400 days and will play it tonight using my PS3 save.

I really enjoyed playing through 400 Days and like the nods they made to Season One. My favorite overall story had to have been Wyatt; I thought the dialogue and pacing were perfect. The character I'm most interested in seeing in Season 2, if they pop up, is Vince.

My only gripe is
that goddamned RPS trophy. I had chosen the story that it pops in as my first one, didn't get it, but still played through the other stories without realizing that if I went back to that one particular chapter, it would roll back all my choices thereafter, effectively forcing a second playthrough. The DLC is short enough where it's not a huge time sink but still, it felt a little cheap to set it up like that. They ought to have a checkpoint right before you could earn it so that you could easily Main Menu -> Continue to try it again.

Overall, I loved the characters and different angles TT was going for in each story to really underscore the different personalities. Can't wait for Season Two.

Massiv

Neo Member
I played through the Wyatt part three times now
and didn't win a single rock-paper-scissors game the whole time
. I'm doing this for that freakin' achievement and I can't beleive I can't
win even a single hand
. This is pathetic... I hate this achievement...

EDIT: Fourth try
gave me my first winning hand, but still didn't win the game
. I'm starting to gain back faith... >.<

I played through the Wyatt part three times now
and didn't win a single rock-paper-scissors game the whole time
. I'm doing this for that freakin' achievement and I can't beleive I can't
win even a single hand
. This is pathetic... I hate this achievement...

It's random. There is no pattern that I've seen (I looked at other vids and played it myself a dozen times before finally winning). It makes sense that some trophies in other games could be missable, but not in something like TWD.

Anustart

Just finished this. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait for Season 2. One of the few series I actually get excited about. It's funny that these episdoes are so good yet the show and the comics are absolute dog shit(at least in my opinion).

Phew! I haven't read the comics, but yes, the show does suck, bad. It's some of the cheesiest drama on television, and the walkers are nothing more than convenient plot devices to kill off characters when they're done with them.

Cudder

Finished it last night. Colour me surprised, as short as it was, and having 5 different scenarios I thought I wouldn't scoff at all as I made any choices in this game, but Telltale actually created scenarios that made me hesitate about which option to pick.

Incredibly short, but great DLC nonetheless.

Massiv

Neo Member
It's random. There is no pattern that I've seen (I looked at other vids and played it myself a dozen times before finally winning). It makes sense that some trophies in other games could be missable, but not in something like TWD.

On my seventh try I got it with the help of my sister, she said me what to choose... :D I guess I'm just unlucky with this... :p

daveo42

Banned
I just finished it up. Not a bad experience overall, but it definitely felt really short. Finished up in like 1.5 hours.

In the end (spoilers)
I only ended up taking in Wyatt and Bonnie out of the entire group. Not sure if you can bring the entire group along or not in the end, but I might just stick with my choices going into season 2.

I did like the interplay between the characters and the decisions they made during the game that affected the other people in close proximity. The stolen goods during Bonnie's chapter, the diner making it's appearance as a more centralized location, Nate and his shenanigans, showing how much of a bad dude he really was (I started off with Russell). I think the only decision I regret was killing Steph instead of making a break for it. That was a tough decision.

No technical issues or game save issues either with the game, which is kind of nice. I did play on PC, so everything seemed crisp and good. I still like the art style of the game overall. I just wish they'd fix that character animation when a character hits a wall.

I think this will be a good lead in to season 2, though it does feel like (includes comic spoilers btw)
it's a bit like the comic and the offer to move into the community in Washington D.C. Not that season 2 will end up the same way, it's just a comparison I made.

Starting up... "Would you like to generate story decisions for missed episodes?"

The save game problems with this series are never going to end, are they
Same fucking problem here. Booted up the game, my saves were there. Then I tried to start 400 Days and got the "generat decisions" message.

Restored my previous save (they're all backed up, because I've gone through this shit once before), but it still won't work. If I try and look at my "Stats" for any of the previous Episodes, the game locks up.

Why did I think they would get this fixed?

I might just play it anyway with randomy generated decisions, and replay the whole game when Season 2 starts.

Jokab

Ugh.

Shel
I chose to kill both of them, and didn't get to bring her. Would really have liked to bring her to the camp. I guess you have to replay the whole DLC to redo anything at all?

Epilogue
Felt a bit random as to who came along to the camp. Got Bonnie and Vince, kinda meh.

Overall a decent DLC, a bit underwhelming though.

Bogeypop

I think this will be a good lead in to season 2, though it does feel like (includes comic spoilers btw)
it's a bit like the comic and the offer to move into the community in Washington D.C. Not that season 2 will end up the same way, it's just a comparison I made.

I really hope they don't use a "community" like in the comic for Season 2. What I found so appealing about TT's TWD was how it was a completely different story from the comic.

So, what were the contents
of the basket
? I probably missed it because I chose
to lie
... Oh well, at least
everyone went to the camp in the end

So, what were the contents
of the basket
? I probably missed it because I chose
to lie
... Oh well, at least
everyone went to the camp in the end

I think it was a bunch of medicine stolen from Shel's group. They mention in her story they never caught the previous attackers who made off with a ton of medicine. (and never found one missing flashlight "must still be in the cornfield")

Pretty disappointing for being a $5 DLC. I was expecting the size to be comparable to that of the episodes in season 1. The stories being so short on this DLC not as good. There are no characters you really connect, and the choices you have to make didn't feel as memorable. The one that did surprise me was having
to shoot either one of the guys in the bus. Also, after opting to save that bitch on episode 1 and her leaving with the RV, I was now conditioned to not let the guy at the gas station leave. That was surprising to me - it's like I felt for a split second that I actually lived in this world and based on previous experience, you can't trust other people.

Here's where I'm going to talk about something weird in Bonnie's chapter.

When you accidentally kill Deb or whatever her name was, it makes it look like Bonnie screwed up. But if you miss the QTE, Deb kills you. I thought that was kind of weird. Like Schroedinger's Cat or something. Deb is both your enemy and your ally until you beat her to death or get killed by her.

I thought this was pretty shitty.

aristotle

This is not correct.
I killed stephanie and she still went with Tavia. Russell left Nate and he still didn't go. Wyatt didn't go either.

It is true. There is only one way to get Russell
to go with you. You have to tell him that there may be people at the camp he knows. I have no idea how you didn't get Wyatt to do since I got him to go every single tiume without doing anything special and choosing different options each time. From what I've read and noticed, if you killed Stephanie, Shel wouldn't go, but I guess that's wrong. I did let the guy go from her chapter so maybe that is another condition you must fulfill. In the end I got everyone to go by doing exactly as I said.

Social

I really loved this DLC but am wondering what the choices from Season 1 were that changed this story? I had lost my save so it just generated them but it felt like nothing from Season 1 had an impact here?

I really didn't like 400 Days.

Honestly, the characters were well written and I did enjoy some of the situations; but everything felt incredibly contrived. The thing I loved about the Walking Dead was the fact that even though things were scripted, they didn't feel that way. The major choices came up at unexpected times, and were earned through building a ton of tension (or, in the case of episode 2, starting in an absolutely insane way). 400 Days doesn't have that. All of the stories feel like every choice you have doesn't matter up until one "big" one. Even then, those choices didn't really matter to me because I felt like the substance wasn't overly impressive.

I understand that having a bunch of short stories makes it harder to really learn about each character and develop them; but I sincerely didn't care about any of them. The ex-junkie? Couldn't care less. The murderer? Good voice acting, and like his writing; but don't care what happens. The girl and her sister? Kid annoyed me, older sis' was an idiot. The younger kid? He was fine, and I'd like to see what happens to him. The stoner? I like him, and would like to see him developed further.

By the end of it, I just wanted to be done.
The reveal at the end that there was an epilogue caught me off guard, and I liked that; but the fact that only one person joined me (the ex-junkie) made me think "great, is that the only one that's coming into the next episode? Man, I hope this doesn't have too much bearing on the next season."

Sorry Telltale, I love the Walking Dead; but this was just... weak.

Seems odd to me that
They would put pictures up near the pitstop considering Roman, the truck gang, and the dude Russel found would probably come after them

Also,
the officer that ran out of the bus is the one that got hit in the forest and then chained up by Shel's group right? He must have been dead already because why would he still be in the area 40 days later?

I played through twice. Since I only
got three survivors to go with me in the end of my first play through. At the end of my second play through I got them all to go with me. =)

Results

Vince -
Hid the gun and shot Danny the second time around. Even though Danny was an alleged rapist I still felt like his character was more likeable. He actually wanted to help the prisoner who was being strangled and he stood up to the dumbass guard.

Wyatt -
I won at rock paper scissors the first time, the second time I purposely lost, tried to save the cop, and Vince drove off without me.

Shel -
The first time I left the trespasser go and killed Stephanie. Second time through I killed the trespasser and drove off with Becca.

Russell -

Bonnie -
Team Lobster claws both times. Smashed Dee's face in the first time, and lied to Leland. Tried to not smash Dee's face in the second time, but she killed me. I still lied to Leland.

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
I feel like I'm the only one here that
lied to Leland
even though I know I'm in the majority based on the end game stats lol.

People always complain about the glitches in TWD but I have honestly never encountered a single one in either Season 1 or the DLC on the PC.

Top Bottom