• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Kweh

Bugger. I appear to have lost my completed Walkind Dead save. It isn't used at all in 400 Days right? It's a completely standalone game?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The PS3 DD version was around 500MB, the DLC for the Disc-based version a little under 450MB. Probably the same for the 360?

Interesting. They had separate downloads for the disc based version and the episodic version? I'm going to have to clear some room on that HD.

Bugger. I appear to have lost my completed Walkind Dead save. It isn't used at all in 400 Days right? It's a completely standalone game?

For the people where this is happening... did you delete the save or did it disappear? Was it gone or corrupted?

KaYotiX

Banned
just finished it, damn I want season 2 now!!

Just realized Dee stole from those ppl at the truck stop, LOVE this series!!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Finished it. Pretty good stuff, but once again the choices seemed to mean jack shit.

Vince:
I didn't realize the person you shot off the chain was going to be used as bait. But either way, Vince said he was ditched so it didn't matter much.

Wyatt:
I beat Eddie 3-2 in RPS, despite it saying I left him behind it seemed like a forced split up that would happen either way.

Russell:
Ended up staying with Nate. He wasn't at the camp.

Bonnie:
Lied to Leland.

Shel:
I killed the guy and killed Stephanie. Didn't like how it just cut off and didn't show it happen.

Overall:
My favorite part was seeing how some of it tied together. Russell/Nate kill the 2 elderly people, one of them clearly being the old lady being used as a watchdog in Shel's part. The Bonnie tie in with Dee stealing from Shel's group. Nate's truck for some reason being the one chasing Wyatt and Eddie. Vince was the only one who didn't seem to tie in unless I missed something.

For the ending camp part, everyone left with Tavia except Shel. If these are the main characters there is no way this means much as they aren't going to exclude people. So I wonder if they'll just be a small part.

MNC

so in russels chapter you see the headlight of nates car shot off. This is a tie in to wyatts chspter where either the left or right headlight gets shot off. What if you play russels chapter first?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Finished it. Pretty good stuff, but once again the choices seemed to mean jack shit.

Vince:
I didn't realize the person you shot off the chain was going to be used as bait. But either way, Vince said he was ditched so it didn't matter much.

Wyatt:
I beat Eddie 3-2 in RPS, despite it saying I left him behind it seemed like a forced split up that would happen either way.

Russell:
Ended up staying with Nate. He wasn't at the camp.

Bonnie:
Lied to Leland.

Shel:
I killed the guy and killed Stephanie. Didn't like how it just cut off and didn't show it happen.

Overall:
My favorite part was seeing how some of it tied together. Russell/Nate kill the 2 elderly people, one of them clearly being the old lady being used as a watchdog in Shel's part. The Bonnie tie in with Dee stealing from Shel's group. Nate's truck for some reason being the one chasing Wyatt and Eddie. Vince was the only one who didn't seem to tie in unless I missed something.

For the ending camp part, everyone left with Tavia except Shel. If these are the main characters there is no way this means much as they aren't going to exclude people. So I wonder if they'll just be a small part.

You see Shel snd the Becca or whoever the little girl is called run past the prison bus, and the cop who ran away instead of helping Vince was the one Eddie hit in the car and the one that attacked Bonnie, and also the one used as a watchdog.

beastworship

Neo Member
apparently i'm not very observant since i didn't realize most the tie ins until the end. for new players it maybe worth looking into someone offering advice on the best continuity selection prior to playing. otherwise it was very very short, almost unnecessary.

so in russels chapter you see the headlight of nates car shot off. This is a tie in to wyatts chspter where either the left or right headlight gets shot off. What if you play russels chapter first?

Doesn't matter which you play first.
They each happened on a specific predetermined day, so the events aren't affected by which order the chapters are played in.

So what is it specifically that determines
who stays and who goes with Tavia in the epilogue?

Is it about making certain choices, or is it random?

MrGummy

Loved season one, but I don't feel like playing this. I guess i really want a continuation of Clementines story.

So what is it specifically that determines
who stays and who goes with Tavia in the epilogue?

Is it about making certain choices, or is it random?

Depends for each character, based on choices made in their chapter. They seem pretty arbitrary though
e.g. Vince comes if you shoot the rapist and stays otherwise. I'd have shot both if given the chance.

MrKnives

It was only ok for me, I didn't really like any of the characters. Its probably because they don't get enough time to get fleshed out though. I enjoyed Russel's story the most out of all of them.

This really. I wasn't amazed or anything but it was ok. Would have been better if they had more time.
Russel's one was the best by far, for me at least.

Didn't help that the only way I could play was compatibility mode win98 so it was very laggy. Don't know why it was like that when I didn't have any problems with the original game.

Roto13

Depends for each character, based on choices made in their chapter. They seem pretty arbitrary though
e.g. Vince comes if you shoot the rapist and stays otherwise. I'd have shot both if given the chance.

I said a thing that was wrong so now this post is useless I am sorry

Moozo

ALL of the stats on Xbox are at 50%. I find that hard to believe so I'm assuming it's a glitch. Do they update in the menu after so I can look at them when they're fixed?

ALL of the stats on Xbox are at 50%. I find that hard to believe so I'm assuming it's a glitch. Do they update in the menu after so I can look at them when they're fixed?

Glitched for me as well on ps3. Does it work for anyone? Maybe the servers are just borked right now.

Lima

What a shitty episode. And I can't believe all the jank is still in on the console versions. This is bad. They had enough time to fix this shit for the DLC.

Glitched for me as well on ps3. Does it work for anyone? Maybe the servers are just borked right now.

Just played through again [PS3] and it's still at 50/50.

So if I "rewind" and play through all of the stories again, it overwrites the saved data from the first time I played through, yes?

Anustart

Question! Only played one part so far, Vince's.

Do we know he
shot?

Wondering if it's someone from season 1.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is a bug but right at the last part Vince
sounded like he was going to leave with Tavia but in the end everyone left and Vince stayed at the camp:(((

Now I wonder whether I want to replay everything to get what I want for the ending.

FluxWaveZ

Not sure if this is a bug but right at the last part Vince
sounded like he was going to leave with Tavia but in the end everyone left and Vince stayed at the camp:(((

Exact same thing happened to me.
It sounded as though Vince was considering going with Tavia and was going to go with her, but then the portraits of who went and who stayed popped up in the end and Vince was the only one who stayed. Confused the hell out of me.

I'm not going to restart my game for that because there's no "winning" here, though.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the drugstore is what caused my line of thinking. Was like OH SHIT he
killed lee's brother!
Seems unlikly to me, nothing saying it wasn't
when I saw Lees brother it seemed like maybe he was bitten and then git trapped or vice versa, don't think anyone shot him.

Joelio13

Exact same thing happened to me.
It sounded as though Vince was considering going with Tavia and was going to go with her, but then the portraits of who went and who stayed popped up in the end and Vince was the only one who stayed. Confused the hell out of me.

I'm not going to restart my game for that because there's no "winning" here, though.

Luckily mine didn't glitch,
everyone left with Tavia in my playthrough.

On another note,
I think Russel's story was by far the best. Very tense and it had a good atmosphere about it. Nate was a weird man and the fact that I played the part where he chased Wyatt and Eddie first made me even more suspicious of him. I still had Russel stay with him however, because it seemed like Nate would kill him if i tried to leave.

The worst was by far
Wyatt's. Just really short and the frame rate stuttered a ton.

I feel like I didn't get to know any of the characters well enough to care about them. They were still a bunch of strangers to me as the credits rolled.

Roto13

Vince's story
takes place on like day 2 of the outbreak or something, and he's on his way to jail. His trial would have happened before that and his crime would have been committed quite a while before the trial. Whoever he killed was dead long before the outbreak. Lee would have heard about it if it was his brother.

Dartastic

Well I
had Shel leave instead of killing Stephanie. Maybe that's the decisive factor. And I made sure to be really nice with Tavia and not be suspicious.
I think it's the former. I didn't choose that because I figured she was screwed either way.

LiK

Finished it on PS3. Pretty interesting setup.

Just one question

How is it determined who goes to the camp? Vince stayed in my game while everyone else went.

Harlock

If you finished season 1 you only need download episode 1 to download 400 days and use your old save from the episode 5?

Anival

Banned
I kind of want to replay it
Try and get everybody to go to the camp only had vince stay
Does anyone know if i play again will it just reset the saved data?

I kind of want to replay it
Try and get everybody to go to the camp only had vince stay
Does anyone know if i play again will it just reset the saved data?

I believe that's the case. I just replayed it again tonight and I'm pretty sure it gave me some warning about the data being overwritten after I hit "Rewind" on the 400 Days tile.

Anival

Banned
I believe that's the case. I just replayed it again tonight and I'm pretty sure it gave me some warning about the data being overwritten after I hit "Rewind" on the 400 Days tile.
Thanks, It doesn't mess with the other data from season 1 right? Im just being really cautious lol.

Thanks, It doesn't mess with the other data from season 1 right? Im just being really cautious lol.

I don't see why it would. Unless you decided to replay any of the stuff before 400 Days.

But of course, if that was your plan you would just copy your save data onto another file first. Right?

Frazley

I actually enjoyed this, getting to possibly have my choices from S1 affect the game and then having my choices here affect S2.

I am only going to have 1 save for it all until the last season that TellTale does. I don't want to replay it because my choices really do feel like they are resonating with me.

Anival

Banned
I don't see why it would. Unless you decided to replay any of the stuff before 400 Days.

But of course, if that was your plan you would just copy your save data onto another file first. Right?

Yeah, It's happened to me once while playing season one and so instead of retrying a part it got erased somehow.

Top Bottom