• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

I feel like I'm the only one here that
lied to Leland
even though I know I'm in the majority based on the end game stats lol.
I did too.
Given the situation and the dialog choices, realistically I felt telling Leland the truth would have worse implications than just quickly lying and then bailing.

120v

i just finished this. it was a fun little romp

i wish maybe there would've been less characters with a bit longer and drawn out "episodes" ... i feel like i could've done without wyatt's story, for example. (the dumb banter between him and AJ from the backstreet boys really got on my nerves.) but if this DLC beautifully plays into season 2 then nevermind

either way, now i can read the thread with being spoilerized. yay

XeroSauce

Loved the DLC for being short but hitting fairly hard.

I don't know if I want to reset and try to bring everyone to camp or not..I only got to bring Shel and Bonnie and I made a pact way back at the start of Season 1 that I would never rewind, but now I feel like I might miss out on content if I leave the 3 guys behind.

aristotle

Concerning season 2:
I honestly don't think these people from the DLC will be a major part of Season 2. I bet it just determines who will be a NPC in the town you go to in the epilogue (people who you just talk to). The amount of people who don't buy this DLC but buy Season 2 would make it really bad if TTG just made the people from 400 days playable in S2.

I think it was a bunch of medicine stolen from Shel's group. They mention in her story they never caught the previous attackers who made off with a ton of medicine. (and never found one missing flashlight "must still be in the cornfield")
Wow, I think you're right. Didn't catch the
cornfield
bit in Shel's part.

I love how there are some tiny details that fit with each other's stories.

It was only ok for me, I didn't really like any of the characters. Its probably because they don't get enough time to get fleshed out though. I enjoyed Russel's story the most out of all of them.

megalowho

Finished, liked it quite a bit. Easily worth 5 bucks. Dialogue felt a little more hit and miss than I remember Season 1 being overall, but for the most part it's engaging, fast paced adventure gaming with interesting situations and a unique storytelling structure that compliments the universe. I was in the minority for a lot of my choices, which was alright with me. Wasn't as precious about dialogue and choice this time since they could only be built up so much.

Would be cool to meet up with the crew that left with Tavia in Season 2, only had Shel and Becca stay behind. Seems like that's the most logical route, given how many outcomes there are, but a few of them could figure more prominently along with the aforementioned safe zone.

ArjanN

I did too.
Given the situation and the dialog choices, realistically I felt telling Leland the truth would have worse implications than just quickly lying and then bailing.

I told the truth, but to be honest that was probably because I suspected lying wouldn't have worked. I was also a lot more cavalier with my choices because you're not as attached to the characters yet, and there is no real fail state anyway.

I appreciate that you can just make the choices you feel like making and don't have to min-max it.

I hope it's up on XBLA in UK by the time I get home from work!

Wouldn't play it on Xbox if it weren't for the fact I played season 1 there.

Wazzy

Banned
Just beat it and I loved it. Here's my choices:

Vince:
Shot Justin's foot because Danny seemed liked the better guy. Was a little shocked they just left him.

Wyatt:
Won Rock/Paper/Scissors, drove off and left Eddie.

Russell:
Hid behind...Carly :'( ditched that psycho Nate.

Bonnie:
I was seriously shocked when we bashed in Dee's face. It made me feel a little sick looking at her. Anyway, I told the truth.

Shel:
I really enjoyed this one and I'm liking Shel the best. I saved the bandit and drove off so I didn't have to kill Stephanie. Was really cool that this was the same group that Dee stole from.

Epilogue: everyone but Russell and Vince came. I'm probably going to redo it since I wanted everyone to come. I would like to know what happened before they all met. Where's leland and why was Danny killed?

Just to be clear, If I played Season 1 on disc and do not have any episodes purchases or installed am I screwed? Will I have to buy Episode 1 in order to play this DLC?

Interfectum

I enjoyed it. Some of the things that happened at the end because of my 'decisions' are kind of head scratching but overall it was fun.

Trigger

Well shit. I didn't keep my save game from season 1. :/

I'll jump in anyway, and just wait till season 2 launches before I redo the whole season.

Well shit. I didn't keep my save game from season 1. :/

I'll jump in anyway, and just wait till season 2 launches before I redo the whole season.

Yeah, that happened to me. I opened the game up in Steam, got all excited, and then realized the saved game was on my husband's old hard drive.

Nothing against
Doug
, but both times I played as Russell
when I hid off the road it was Doug and not Carley. I miss Carley. We share the same name, only hers is misspelled.

I plan on replaying season 1 again before season 2 comes out.

Trigger

Oh man, this was sooo good. Season 2 needs to launch soon. D:

I finished with Bonnie, Wyatt, and Russel choosing to follow the black lady. I hope I do get to see more Shel and Becca tho. Interesting parallels with the Lee-Clem dynamic. Bonnie, Shel, and Vince's segments were pretty cool. I liked the connection between Wyatt and Russell's segments. I kinda wonder if Crazy Nate will return in Season 2.

Spoilery question:
I think I missed what happened to Leland and was the bag Dee found. Is that mentioned anywhere?

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
I'm confused as to what happened with Vernon and the boat, did Vernon just take the boat for himself?

OnlyWonderBoy

Neo Member
I told the truth, but to be honest that was probably because I suspected lying wouldn't have worked. I was also a lot more cavalier with my choices because you're not as attached to the characters yet, and there is no real fail state anyway.

I appreciate that you can just make the choices you feel like making and don't have to min-max it.

I almost expected
Dee to wake up and out me
. The way I looked at it no one else would have known so the only way he would find out is if she outed herself. Hard to say if that happened at some point.

MrKnives

So I just bought it and was really excited, started the game and it says "WalkingDead101.exe stopped working".

I found a lot of threads when I tried to google it but all of them were for the original game, not the dlc and non of the fixes helped at all. I'm on Windows 7.
Any suggestions?

Fixes I've tried said:
- add steam_appid.txt with "207610" written in it
- Disable virus protection
- Verify cache
- Disconnect from the internet
- Right click > run as administrator
- Change properties to always run as administrator
- Compatibility mode (windows xp)

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member
That's what I got from that dialogue exchange.
The boat wasn't big enough for all of them anyway. I suppose he just chose the dick method in handling that issue.

How many people were even left, Brie died and there were like three others?

Neolith

Not sure if this has been asked... Do I need to download season one to play this DLC if i bought the game retail (disc)

Archurro

Quick question, is it necessary to play all of the episodes before you play 400 Days? I finished season one on xbox, but decided I'm going to play season 2 on PC. Should I replay season 1 on PC before I play this, or can I just dive in?

Quick question, is it necessary to play all of the episodes before you play 400 Days? I finished season one on xbox, but decided I'm going to play season 2 on PC. Should I replay season 1 on PC before I play this, or can I just dive in?

The only thing I've noticed that it pulls from your S1 file is (S1 Episode 3 spoiler)
the body of Carly or Doug on the side of the road.
So if you don't load a file it will be random. Unless you really care about that, you should be able to just jump in.

Not sure if this has been asked... Do I need to download season one to play this DLC if i bought the game retail (disc)

There is a DLC version for the disc version and one for the DD version of TWD. When you buy it it'll let you choose.

Not at all, but I think you'll have a much richer experience with it. Re: Season 2... since your playthrough of Season 1 is on a different platform, it wouldn't carry over to Season 2 on PC. If you have the time, I'd do another run through Season 1 on the PC.

Fezzan

Unconfirmed Member

No, if you look a little further up the page or on the last page there is a link from telltale saying you just need the disc in the drive.

Jhoan

Downloading this bad boy as I type this (360 version). I can't wait to get into it. More Walking Dead is always a good thing and the price is damn good.

Overdoziz

Banned
Really enjoyed it. Because of its length you're definitely not as invested, though. Even then,
when Shel said "Me too" it gave me chills.

Looking forward to season 2.

Really enjoyed it. Because of its length you're definitely not as invested, though.

While I naturally didn't have as deep a connection with the characters in 400 Days as I did in Season 1 proper (due to the amount of time spent with them), I am all on board to dive into these characters' lives in Season 2 if we get that option. I really like the different backstories and personalities on display... Wyatt & Vince would make for a great buddy-cop movie.

Archurro

Not at all, but I think you'll have a much richer experience with it. Re: Season 2... since your playthrough of Season 1 is on a different platform, it wouldn't carry over to Season 2 on PC. If you have the time, I'd do another run through Season 1 on the PC.

If I played up 400 Days then played Season 1, do you think those choices would carry over to season 2?

So who else thought a lot of the characters looked like variations of ones from season 1?

Shel looked like Lily
Becca looked a little like Clem
Vince looked like a bearded Glen
Russell looked like Omid
Roman's eyes were totally on the St. John level

I guess it's to be expected. I didn't dislike it or anything, I just noticed it.

If I played up 400 Days then played Season 1, do you think those choices would carry over to season 2?

As long as it's all being played on the same platform, then yes, it should all carry over.

I like that they felt sorry for it at least, even though we have no idea what actually happened.

I got the impression that the only reason they felt bad was because Vernon bounced on them as well, or something to that effect, soon after they took the boat.

So who else thought a lot of the characters looked like variations of ones from season 1?

Shel looked like Lily
Russell looked like Omid

Some of those comparisons are pretty spot-on. Though I think Shel and Lily aren't so close, and Vince seems pretty distinct from Glen imo.. However I definitely can see similarities between Becca and Clem-- and as an aside,
I couldn't help thinking "Jeezus, is Clem going to become an stone-cold bitch like Becca down the road?"
--. They St. John eyes were certainly in full effect and I thought actually that Eddie was a dead. ringer. for Omid, voice included.

Trigger

Shel looked like Lily
Russell looked like Omid

I guess it's to be expected. I didn't dislike it or anything, I just noticed it.

I thought Danny (from Vince's segment) looked a lot like the St. John brother.

Anustart

So I had to put a new hdd in my laptop and now I'm having difficulty running anything (this game included).

I get a Failed to initialize direct3d message :( Anyone know what I should do?

Top Bottom