• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

So do they even have a rough ETA on Season 2? Or is that Fables game coming first?

Not that it matters, I'll play whatever these guys put out.

Joelio13

So do they even have a rough ETA on Season 2? Or is that Fables game coming first?

Not that it matters, I'll play whatever these guys put out.

I'm not sure which will come out first. I going to assume TWD Season 2 will, though. The latest I've heard on release date is late 2013 though I'm sure they have likely mentioned it since then. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dead-season-two-on-track-for-release-this-fall.aspx

Good.

Man, they really hit it out of the park with TWD. It reminds me of the old point-and-click adventure titles on the PC way back when.

That was... okay I guess.

But wow, Becca is the spitting image of
an older Clem
. Makes me wonder if she was intended to be at some point, considering how little she resembles her sister.

Kyonashi

Theory for Bonnie's chapter SPOILERS
So we know that Shel's group are most likely the flashlight gang, and we know they had medicine stolen from them. What if Dee knew there were painkillers or something that Bonnie could have gotten addicted to if she just 'left them out'. This was my theory when playing the chapter, because some of her dialogue felt like it was that it was something Dee could use to get Bonnie away from Leland and undoing his hard work would certainly further that cause.

Thoughts?

Trigger

So we know that Shel's group are most likely the flashlight gang, and we know they had medicine stolen from them. What if Dee knew there were painkillers or something that Bonnie could have gotten addicted to if she just 'left them out'. This was my theory when playing the chapter, because some of her dialogue felt like it was that it was something Dee could use to get Bonnie away from Leland and undoing his hard work would certainly further that cause.

Thoughts?

The only real problem with this theory is that we know so little about Dee and their situation prior to the scenario. How do we that the meds weren't needed for someone back at their home? Or if Dee is even the kind of woman to be that sneaky?

Enco

I loved the tough decisions but damn that was short.

Just over and hour to complete it.

It was a nice quick game but I would have liked it to be a bit longer. 2 hours would have been a good length at the very least.

Lima

What made this game so good for me were the characters. And that is why this DLC sucks, I just can't connect to any of them if I just see them for 15 minutes each.

Jeb

So I have a problem here and I would like your advice.
For some dumb reason I got an imported version of The Walking Dead season 1, to be specific, its a region 1 copy of the game.
My main account on PSN is region 2, even though I have a region 1 account and I know a lot of stores that sell PSN cards for region 1, I use my main account most of the time which is region 2.
So here is the problem, two games I want recently came on PSN, TWD 400 Days and Hotline Miami, but my Vita is hooked to my region 2 account while my TWD save is region 1, I can get a region 2 20$ PSN card and get both games and have Hotline be a cross buy or, get TWD and continue with my save but not have a Vita version of the game.
One important thing I want to know is how much does my save transfer effect the episode, does it do anything at all?
Does it effect future episodes of season two??
What other suggestions might you have?
Edit:I here this episode has like five random characters, that sounds kinda like it doesn't effect the next season so much

LiK

What made this game so good for me were the characters. And that is why this DLC sucks, I just can't connect to any of them if I just see them for 15 minutes each.

i thought they did a good job establishing their personalities in the short time we had. but yea, i wish each person's story was much longer. it does make me excited for Season 2 tho.

What sucked for me was the fact they gave absolutely zero context for answering questions. All the scenarios start off with "Woah, that was crazy what happened before that, right?". Some filled you in pretty quickly, like with the
recovering addict
, but others left you way in the dark.

I suppose you got that originally with Lee a little, not knowing what happened with his crime, but the questions danced around that a little and allowed you to fill in the blanks yourself.

Trigger

One important thing I want to know is how much does my save transfer effect the episode, does it do anything at all?
Does it effect future episodes of season two??
What other suggestions might you have?
Edit:I here this episode has like five random characters, that sounds kinda like it doesn't effect the next season so much

The save transfer has a minimal effect in the DLC. IMO, this DLC won't have a huge impact on the plot of season 2, but we can't know for sure what it will effect until the second season starts. I'd suggest that you play the DLC on whatever region account you'll be using the most. If anything you'll have less dilemmas in the future.

JustinBB7

May have been talked about but how do you get the trophy/achievement for getting everyone?

There isn't one as far as I know, not for Steam anyway.

As for the Rock Paper Scissor achievement, can you just start a new save slot and play his chapter only and get it there without messing with your original save? I might do that.

Jeb

The save transfer has a minimal effect in the DLC. IMO, this DLC won't have a huge impact on the plot of season 2, but we can't know for sure what it will effect until the second season starts. I'd suggest that you play the DLC on whatever region account you'll be using the most. If anything you'll have less dilemmas in the future.

I really want to thank you for this, I was considering wasting my money and getting both in different version, which is two 20$ cards... thinking about it now, it really seems like a dumb plan.
Thanks.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Why does (PS3) EU have to get it a week later when in-game it says it's out now but clicking 'buy' doesn't work? Oh well, at least my TWD is all updated now.

Kyonashi

The only real problem with this theory is that we know so little about Dee and their situation prior to the scenario. How do we that the meds weren't needed for someone back at their home? Or if Dee is even the kind of woman to be that sneaky?

Yeah, it's working on little info. But I do think that
the personality they portrayed Dee with would fit, like she'd do a lot to get Bonnie out of their group.

Thoughts?

I think u may be right on that one. I thought the game was great. Ran a bit like shit on PS3 though. Hopefully I will be able to continue on PS4 when the new season comes out.

Sorian

Banned
The only stutter I've ever found on the PC, oddly enough, is the title screen. Moving the mouse around on there is extremely laggy for some reason. Once in the game, no issues.

So I bought this when it came out but just sat down to play it... Keep getting the following error: "walkingdead101.exe has stopped working."

This is the Steam / PC version and that message appears on launch. Can't even get to the main menu. Never had any issues during Season 1, no configuration changes on my PC since I finished Season 1. Did some searches but none of the fixes have worked for me. Anyone experience this / have any ideas?

an older Clem
. Makes me wonder if she was intended to be at some point, considering how little she resembles her sister.

I still think this has more to do with a character creation engine likely being used, so there are certain features of individuals that look really similar. Eddie & Omid, St. John Brothers' eyes and Roman's eyes, etc... That's not even taking into consideration the fact that not all siblings necessarily needs to look similar, Becca could have different parents than Shel, etc..

Also, just noticed this on another playthrough, but during Vince's story
Shel and Becca are the ones running away from the zombies outside the the prison bus. There was another person (a young girl?) that didn't make it but I don't know if she was with them or not.

So I bought this when it came out but just sat down to play it... Keep getting the following error: "walkingdead101.exe has stopped working."

This is the Steam / PC version and that message appears on launch. Can't even get to the main menu. Never had any issues during Season 1, no configuration changes on my PC since I finished Season 1. Did some searches but none of the fixes have worked for me. Anyone experience this / have any ideas?
Was able to get this to work, here's what I did:

Right-clicked on walkingdead101.exe, checked run as administrator, disabled desktop composition, and enabled Win98 compatibility mode. At that point, the game would work but it wouldn't see my saves. Navigating to the documents folder where they're saved I was able to see the game was creating a new folder rather than reading my existing one, so I backed up my existing one then copied everything in it to the new folder. Now the game loaded and so did my save. Anyone having an issue, give this a shot.

oni_saru

Good to see the problems from the first season were still in the dlc. :/ (small freezing moments)

Anyways I can't say I really liked any of the characters this time around. I guess the closest one I sort of liked was Wyatt.

Becca was an annoying brat. Shel was cool. Wished we could have saved Stephanie and escaped with her.

Either Vince was an asshole or I accidentally made Vince a total ass. :( Also i really messed up on Vince's part. I think i freaked out with what choices to pick. I ended up going with the rapist. orz I felt so bad after I realized I was being a bit too nice with the rapist. I really regret how i handled that part.

Bonnie's story was alright but ended too fast. I couldn't fully care for her. Though I admit I did have fun antagonizing Del.

I ended up disliking Russel in the end. He was cool and collected at first. But I guess his experience with Nate made him into a total jerk. He was quite rude with Tavia which wasn't cool with me.

Wyatt and Eddie's interaction was the most fun. I managed to win the p,r,s game! But unfortunately I left Eddie behind. I didn't know how to save him. :(

Overall it was too short for me to really care for any of the characters as much as I cared for Lee. I think this has to do with the multiple characters in this episode. Couldn't focus too much time on character development for each. It was too little for me. Maybe in season 2 there will be a bit more on them for me to care.

Edit: oh yeah in the end
everyone went with Tavia except Vince and Russ

Roto13

I'm not sure which will come out first. I going to assume TWD Season 2 will, though. The latest I've heard on release date is late 2013 though I'm sure they have likely mentioned it since then. http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/03/06/telltale-s-the-walking-dead-season-two-on-track-for-release-this-fall.aspx

The Fables game is supposedly going to come out pretty soon, if it hasn't been secretly pushed back. The Walking Dead Season 2 is supposed to start later this year. There's a good chance it'll start before the Fables game ends.

Anustart

When did episode 1 come out? I was glad last year that I didn't play the game until the last episode had been released but this time...

Are they going to split the new one into chapters again? It would be hard to wait months between episodes. Beat 400 days last night. Wish it lasted longer.
Everyone went with Tavia except Vince. Guess I shoudn't have sided with the rapist? He seemed like the nicer guy.

Roto13

Are they going to split the new one into chapters again? It would be hard to wait months between episodes. Beat 400 days last night. Wish it lasted longer.
Everyone went with Tavia except Vince. Guess I shoudn't have sided with the rapist? He seemed like the nicer guy.

The rapist ruined fewer lives. :p

I tried to pick that guy but I was confused a bit about what the shotgun choice meant.

Wok

Beat 400 days last night. Wish it lasted longer.
I did the opposite and got the opposite ending for Vince.

I tried to pick that guy but I was confused a bit about what the shotgun choice meant.

Exactly. I first thought he was going to give the shotgun.

How would choices transfer over to the console versions of season 2? Wouldnt they be released on the next gen platforms?

Course I suppose they could release season 2 on PS3 and 360 or rerelease season 1 on PS4 and xbone to prep for season 2.

Trigger

I assume Season 2 will hit current-gen consoles and then we'll see Season 3 on the XB1/PS4. We'll probably get another DLC episode to bridge that gap.

Lima

How would choices transfer over to the console versions of season 2? Wouldnt they be released on the next gen platforms?

You play it on the same platform that you played the first season on (let's not kid ourselves and think that it will be better from a technical standpoint) or you use your save for the next gen version. They said that they are thinking about this for the PS4 version at least.

I assume Season 2 will hit current-gen consoles and then we'll see Season 3 on the XB1/PS4. We'll probably get another DLC episode to bridge that gap.
Season 2 is already confirmed for PS4.

Jake

an older Clem

Nah, Becca was always Becca. Clementine wasn't ever considered for the DLC.

You play it on the same platform that you played the first season on (let's not kid ourselves and think that it will be better from a technical standpoint) or you use your save for the next gen version. They said that they are thinking about this for the PS4 version at least.

Wonder how that'll work... Perhaps putting your Season 1 savegame on the PSN cloud from your PS3 and then access it with your PS4 since it's the same service perhaps?

I wondered that too. Couldn't find anything on TellTale's site, but a few sites have posted lists of what they say are "confirmed games coming to PS4" (not necc. launch titles, obviously). Here's one. A lot of them seem to be using a reddit post as reference, although some aren't (or don't include all 48 games in that reddit posting).

Wonder how that'll work... Perhaps putting your Season 1 savegame on the PSN cloud from your PS3 and then access it with your PS4 since it's the same service perhaps?

I hope so. Maybe they'll be able to get rid of the janky framerate drops on the PS4. But at the same time, I need to be able to import my save, otherwise it's a dealbreaker and I'll just play it on PS3.

Phatmac

Liked the episode quite a bit. I do wish that we spent more time with these characters. Would've made me care for them a lot more. Hope this stuff is used in season 2.

Leeness

Try to remove the cache by deleting the game from "Game Data Utility" under "Game" in the XMB. Otherwise maybe do that and remove everything of the game and just redownload it again without retrieving your save file.

It is weird that your save file does not work anyway. Unless it froze when it was trying to save or something.

So, finally had a chance to give this a try and...there isn't even anything under Game Data Utility, because I've never played it on this PS3 before...lol.

So...I guess I'll just delete everything and try again. :( Thanks for trying to help though.

SystemBug

I am bit confused about this

If one of the characters doesn't join Tavia does that mean they wont show up in Season 2?

Salsa

I dont know why I still havent played this, bought it on release

it's like im already stressed out thinking about the decisions i'll be making so I put it off

Top Bottom