• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Oh man, so it's only an hour and a half away? Awesome, and I've got the next two days off from work. I'm gonna get my Witcher on~~~~.

Pretty sure it's 12 hours from now.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. I dunno. I'm hungry.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pretty sure it's 12 hours from now.

EDIT: Or maybe I'm reading it wrong. I dunno. I'm hungry.

I could be confused too, but someone suggested it would be 6PM EST. 12ish hours would make more sense, since that's around the time the OG game unlocked (1am EST, I think).

Chinner

Banned
im still confused about the graphics situtation for the PC. the update is like 10 gigs, CDPR has said that assets have been redone/updated, but so far first-impressions seem to indicate otherwise.

Salaadin

I could be confused too, but someone suggested it would be 6PM EST. 12ish hours would make more sense, since that's around the time the OG game unlocked (1am EST, I think).

Yeah, that is when they unlocked it the first time. Their website says midnight GMT+2 though so who knows.
http://www.thewitcher.com/community/entry/187

im still confused about the graphics situtation for the PC. the update is like 10 gigs, CDPR has said that assets have been redone/updated, but so far first-impressions seem to indicate otherwise.

I wonder about that too. Maybe the patchs adds more graphics options to the configurator and those screens are coming from people that didnt re-config anything? Thats a stretch but its my best guess.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

assets are redone (textures, meshes and so on) but lighting seems to be not altered.

Xdrive05

I downloaded all 35 parts, so how do us retail folks apply the patch? Do we run that "pre_downloader" exe again after the thing goes live?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
From what I've heard the re-done lighting engine is not in the pc version, only console.

Truant

I downloaded all 35 parts, so how do us retail folks apply the patch? Do we run that "pre_downloader" exe again after the thing goes live?

I don't think so, I just tried and it seemed like it was starting to redownload the files again. I'm pretty sure there will be some sort of .exe that will merge all those patchfiles and run the installer.

subversus

mark my word, people, this game won't run when we download the last bit. No way it goes smooth.

Ordered 2 Dark Edition 360 versions earlier today from Amazon when they became available, going to try selling one for a bit of a profit.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So people can play EE in roughly 1 hour? Does the game have a patchsystem or do I have to download patches manually? Referring to both regular patches and the huge 10gb patch.

Salaadin

That is in just over an hours time, it's currently 22:50 in Poland.

Yup.

The post where they say that relates the the digital version of the EE going on sale.
The theory on the forums is that at midnight GMT+2, the digital version goes on sale for anyone who doesnt own the game yet but he rest of the patch for those of us who already own the game wont go up until a few hours later.

I guess we will find out soon enough.

That what I want to know also.

Theres a file missing (number 1) so I dont know If we need to download again or what.

Theyll post instructions when ready. We are probably just going to have to download that missing file and and installer to take care of everything for us.

K.Sabot

So where are all the files that I preloaded? I left it on overnight and came back to it and it was gone. When I try to reload the pre-loader it doesn't start after I choose a directory. Did I finish it?

subversus

but have even those been really altered? i saw a couple of screenshots and it looks the same.

Err, have you seen the shot where Geralt is standing on the wall?

Also you can see completely new textures on environments in 360 version so they must be in PC version. By new textures I mean grass in place of mud and so on.

Chinner

Banned
Yes and why wouldn't it be in PC version since we just downloaded 12 gigs of data?

dunno. just the screenshots taken on the witcher forums seem to indicate nothing has changed. makes me wonder if the 12gb is just like pre-rendered files.

just speculating tho, all will be reveald soon.

Kyaw

So people can play EE in roughly 1 hour? Does the game have a patchsystem or do I have to download patches manually? Referring to both regular patches and the huge 10gb patch.

Regular patches will be done automatically through the normal game launcher.

Huge 10gb EE patch will be done via a downloader on Witcher 2 official site.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yeah, I'm torn on the lighting. On one hand I can see them making better use of PC resources for softer shadows and more global illumination style lighting, but in some instances I kinda prefer the art direction of the 360 lighting.

This to me looks much more natural and nicer than this.

Truant

Yeah, I'm torn on the lighting. On one hand I can see them making better use of PC resources for softer shadows and more global illumination style lighting, but in some instances I kinda prefer the art direction of the 360 lighting.

PC shot looks like Oblivion in terms of overdone bloom. It's not always like that, thankfully.

squidyj

dunno. just the screenshots taken on the witcher forums seem to indicate nothing has changed. makes me wonder if the 12gb is just like pre-rendered files.

just speculating tho, all will be reveald soon.

where are these? i try to avoid those forums because a lot of people there are morons.

Kyaw

Agreed. There's also another one from the same area which is tons better to me:

360: http://www.abload.de/img/360_lighting16wz82.png

Vanilla PC: http://www.abload.de/img/pc_lighting1muzgh.png

Complistic

I dunno im kind of torn on that one. I kind of like the bloom from the cracks in the door. Makes more sense for what's happening. Ideally they would mix the two >_<

This is so nitpicky though.

i-Lo

Without having even played it looking at the game itself makes me feel like it's a cross between Skyrim and Game of Thrones.

Top Bottom