• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition |OT| Bow low, you stand before a head crowned.

grab your gog copy! Same thing happened to me. downloaded it on gog and no problems. It's still shitty I have to do this but o well.

I lost at least six hours. No way I'm just going back. I'm just done I think. I finished the game once before the EE came out. It was cool seeing how different the game is your second time through, but I'm too pissed to pick back up. I'll play it again some day right before part 3 comes out when I have a computer that can run it at max with ubersampling on, then I'll get to see the EE additions.

I'm not even pissed now. I'm at the calming acceptance stage.

- J - D -

The npcs in this game talk too damn much. Wish there was a way to turn it off.

"Death to Iorveth! Death to the Squirrels!!"

Gattsu25

Banned
why does he need a second sword
Steel sword kills humans. There is a damage bonus against all human enemies if you attack them with the steel sword.

Silver sword kills non-humans. Similarly, there is a damage bonus against all non-human enemies if you attack them with a silver sword.
The npcs in this game talk too damn much. Wish there was a way to turn it off.
Can gwirls becwome witchers, twooo?

haha

Lulubop

Steel sword kills humans. There is a damage bonus against all human enemies if you attack them with the steel sword.

Silver sword kills non-humans. Similarly, there is a damage bonus against all non-human enemies if you attack them with a silver sword.

-_-

come on. this sex scene played out almost like all other sex scenes in the game except
Triss and may be the incubus but I haven't seen this one.

an incubus is a dude... and yeah that looked like a stock scene as well. except she had a nice pair of hooves

kamspy

I'm upgrading my 580 GTX to a 680 GTX (yay) and am looking for some comparison benchmarks. If anyone has any, post them.

Also, when I tried the SMAA injector my I had to crank my gamma to get it to not be too dark. Is that normal with that mod?

Damn it. I can't decide if my sarcasm detector is broken, or yours.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Just finished Chapter 1 earlier, wow what an amazing game so far. I didn't do all of the sidequests, I'll do the ones I missed on my second playthrough. I love the dialogue choices and overall design for them in general. You're never sure what will happen with a choice, you just have to go with your gut. After the initial tutorial and first few skirmishes, I pretty much have combat down. Lay traps, use signs, and single out weaklings to the slaughter. So good.

Spoilers below:

I went with Iorveth and saved the Elven women. Iorveth seemed to have his priorities better suited to mine, going after that sonuvabitch Letho. As much as I wanted to chop the commandant's head off in Flotsam, as Iorveth said, someone will do it sooner or later it seems.

KorrZ

The worst one is that dude who sits outside the inn in Flotsam and sings that King Ziggy tune. I went in and out of the inn so many times and by the end I ended up having to mute my volume when I was about to go in the inn >.>

Ciastek3214

The worst one is that dude who sits outside the inn in Flotsam and sings that King Ziggy tune. I went in and out of the inn so many times and by the end I ended up having to mute my volume when I was about to go in the inn >.>

You are supposed to talk to him at night.

eek5

I'm working on a bunch of side quests in Act 1 and having a pretty good time. Still getting used to the combat system but it's starting to click a bit with me.

I really wish they ported over their 360 controller improvements to the PC version. Having to hit left twice to change signs kills me a bit inside every time I launch that menu ;_;

Whoa guys!!! The kayran trap is a waste of money...way too expensive for what it is worth. DONT BUY IT. Yrden works way better, you are forced to learn to use yrden anyway, and unless you don't have patienceot run around and dodge in between vigor charges the ONE extra shot you get from the trap is not worth it. Get mongoose though, as at least it is not as expensive, despite being questionable as a serious game changer....neither are "win buttons" as one person suggested. I am farily certain Icould get through the kayran my 2nd playthrough without losing much health if I'm careful....your success depends on figuring out the formula....learn the tells ofthe tentacle swipe and step tothe side.

Eh one free tentacle kill seems worth it to me, plus gold is limitless in this game with only so much worthwhile things to buy with it. The trap also plays into the story and atmosphere of the game. While I could beat the Kayran without the trap pretty easily, I think I would still use it on each play through. I really don't see why not.

Lingitiz

I am so confused on what happened to my saves. I enabled Steam cloud like last week and disabled it shortly after due to running out of room. I was playing normally today and my saves were working fine. I reloaded the game and now they are gone. Anyone?

edit: had to delete old saves. Save system seems to be working as usual now but the images for each save are messed up.

Xyber

I'm upgrading my 580 GTX to a 680 GTX (yay) and am looking for some comparison benchmarks. If anyone has any, post them.

Also, when I tried the SMAA injector my I had to crank my gamma to get it to not be too dark. Is that normal with that mod?

The 680 wasn't much better than the 580 in this game, this might have changed with a newer driver though.

And in the SMAA injector config you have to set weird_steam_hack to 1.

Fjordson

Endregas contract complete. Thank god. Seeing way less of those fuckers will allow me to rest slightly easier when out in the forest.

The queens were thrilling to fight. Not only because they were probably the most difficult thing I've had to fight thus far, making me take advantage of bombs and signs, but because they creep me the hell out of me so I felt like I was on the verge of a heart attack when one of them got close :lol

I just trolled the Kayran on Dark mode.

I take back what I said earlier.
Letho is much harder, at least once you have some practice on the Kayran. I actually figured out is is better to get hit. Quen, yrden, let the tentacle smash you. Tentacle smash breaks quen, and that allows you to recharge vigor while you chop off the tentacle. Then recast quen while he is raging, rinse, and repeat.

Gattsu25

Banned
Welp. Think I'm not finishing my second play through. Twice has the the steam cloud filled up and stopped saving my games. And now twice it has stopped seeing my saves when the cloud is turned off. Did the same thing I did last time to fix this (turn the cloud back on and tell it to upload my local saves). Got into game and it still wasn't seeing my saves, turned the cloud off and on in game (still, exactly what I did last time) only this time it loaded up old saves from chapter one while I was actually a good ways into chapter two.

I love CDprojekt, but they have seriously fucked up with this steam cloud shit not working right, and I just lost hours of play time because of it. Fuck that...

EDIT: Yep, my only hope was to rollback the files in windows, but my last version is from friday. Go fuck yourselves CDprojekt. I am raging so hard right now. Done.
The saves are pretty big and the steam cloud limits you to a paltry 100MB. Delete older saves and you will be able to save again. I hated this and last night spent over an hour finding out how to fully disable Steam Cloud integration. The CDPR guys really botched their Steam Cloud integration and this is how I disabled it:

1st off, grab the local copies of your cloud saves from this folder:
\Steam\userdata\<steamID>\20920\

Copy them into this folder which has your local non-steam cloud related saves:
c:\Users\<user>\Documents\Witcher 2\gamesaves\

Follow the process in this link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784

Note: for Section I in the above link, chose the 1st method (editing the files to have a 0 byte filesize). I recommend opening each of the files in your \Steam\userdata\<steamID>\20920\ directory with Notepad++, hitting CTRL+A and then the Delete key. After each file has a 0 byte size continue on with Section II. Pay careful attention to when the guide tells you start or stop steam and when the guide tells you to turn on or off steam cloud.

Step 5 of the "How to make sure it worked?" section didn't work for me, but I still managed to get by it by turning off Steam Cloud from that point, Exiting Steam again, deleting the \Steam\userdata\SteamID folder, and then opening my Documents\Witcher 2\Config\User.ini file and changed "CloudStorage=true" to "CloudStorage=false".

I tried changing this file before but it kept getting set back to true. After following the above process it stuck.

The game has now been reverted to normal saves, you have all of your cloud saves appearing as normal, and you are no longer limited to a 100MB limit on your save folder.

There's probably a quicker way, but that was the process that I followed that both "stuck" and allowed me to load my saves that were created in the Steam Cloud as local saves

Solo

"What does a bloody witcher eat, anyway?"

"Your pubes white too?"

death to all shit eaters

why does he need a second sword

WAIT TIL HE DROPS HIS FUCKIN' GUARD!

The 680 wasn't much better than the 580 in this game, this might have changed with a newer driver though.

And in the SMAA injector config you have to set weird_steam_hack to 1.

I upgraded from a 1.5 GB GTX 580 to a 2 GB GTX 680 and noticed that the game seems to hit 60 fps more often on the new card than it did before on the same settings (1920x1200, Ultra, LOD=Far, Ubersampling=Off) with my old one. Alas, since the Enhanced Edition patch, it seems that the Cinematic Depth of Field effect looks both blurrier (i.e. worst) and incurs a bigger performance hit (I've seen the game dip to 26 fps on my Core i7-920 @ 3.6 GHz, 12 GB, Windows 7 64-bit system). These dips don't matter so much during non-interactive cutscenes but they're still disappointing to see given how well the game runs otherwise.

The GTX 680 seems to be able to handle Ubersampling better than my GTX 580 too. I tested it in Flotsam and before it ran at around 18-25 fps but on the new card it feels smoother at 30-40 fps. That is at least playable IMO. I personally don't like Ubersampling though as the performance hit is not justified by the increase in image quality. In fact, in some places Ubersampling actually makes the game look worst.

Hazanko

Banned
Good riddance, Vergen, you are a terrible city that I still don't quite understand the layout of despite having done every quest in your city.

Also, I heart Saskia.

I know! The map is useless. I loved the look of the place but couldn't find shit. There are inn icons but that Vergen map doesn't use one. I was looking around for ages for it, all they had to do was put an inn icon down.

It's not too bad but I did have to look on the net for certain people and I wasn't the only one. Don't get me started about looking for a certain place in act 3 as well lol.

Top Bottom