• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeness

Witcher 3 in my download queue! Guess I won't be doing any downloading until PSN is alive again though. I've got automatic downloads on, but the web store is all "you don't have automatic downloads!" And the game is just in "waiting" mode.

Oh well. At least I got the cheaper price lol.

Daverid

I loved Radovid's TW1 voice actor. He seemed slightly crazy, but I prefered it over how he was fairly generic in TW2.

Eh, didn't really seem generic to me in W2. Well acted and it fit the character great (IMO fit better than his W1 VA, even if it was amusing). Although there was something amusingly cooky and enjoyable about his W1 VA, definitely. His laugh was fucking glorious.

By spoilers I meant achievements btw.

Oh I haven't gone near the achievement list, I knew there'd be spoilers there for sure.

Do you guys think the collectors edition is worth it?

I have it preordered from amazon atm but I also don't want to wait for it to arrive so I'm considering getting the digital version (for PS4) as well..and I know I'll be getting the PC version so I'll effectively be buying this three times.

Stiler

Got this yesterday and have been playing it since I woke up this morning. Enjoying it immensely. The fact you can fail quests and can't just sit on them forever is going to kill my OCD though.

The quests that you can fail, is there at least an indication that it's "timed" or anything?

That will drive my ocd nuts if you don't know , will end up getting one-quest at a time otherwise to make sure I don't fail them lol.

M.W.

My god, once this game opens up I'm done for. I feel like I'll play for hours and not accomplish much. But, I'll love every second.

cj_iwakura

Nicely done. I lament that I can't run 3, but I guess I can at least finish 2.

I'd like
59kiu3e.png

If I may?

Also, never forget, The Saviors of Queens.

SpaceHorror

So wait, this unlocks at 7pm EST on PS4?

I was just going to pick the game up after work Tuesday, but if I can play tomorrow night I'll definitely get it off PSN.

viveks86

Ha… DansGaming is not able to max the game out with 780 SLI and maintain 60. After the driver update, he has everything up except foliage view distance at "High". This is at 1080p. He is expecting a day 1 patch though

I really disliked Radovid in TW2. His dealings with Phillipa were brutal. I disliked all the Northern Kings- Henselt, Radovid, Foltest... Natalis seemed alright.

They're pretty much all terrible people, but I think they make for some interesting characters. Foltest, despite his faults, really personifies "kinghood" to me. The guy has a will of steel (or, at the very least, exudes it).

Eh, didn't really seem generic to me in W2. Well acted and it fit the character great (IMO fit better than his W1 VA, even if it was amusing). Although there was something amusingly cooky and enjoyable about his W1 VA, definitely. His laugh was fucking glorious.

To be honest, I don't remember enough about what he did in either games. I guess I just loved his voice actor, haha.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
All the Kings are, in one or anyway, cunts. Interesting characters, but cunts. All four oppress non-humans. All four throw around their wealth and power to get what they want at the expense of others. Henselt is a war warmongering brute. Foltest was an arrogant playboy. Demavend loathed non-humans. Radovid harbours the Order of the Flaming Rose and will openly accept massacres on anyone with an affinity to magic.

Fuck the lot of them.

SZips

Spent 3 hours with the game earlier today (and will be playing/streaming more soon). The game is just damn gorgeous at times. Just seeing how things look at night is fantastic with the moonlight illuminating the tops of trees. Ah, so good! As far as difficulty is concerned, it's quite the challenge. I've already died a few times playing on the next to hardest difficulty.

I am playing on the PS4 version but have a PC version waiting for me on Steam later tomorrow. I've had a few hiccups with framerate here and there but it's been a smooth experience for most of the time.

All the Kings are, in one or anyway, cunts. Interesting characters, but cunts. All four oppress non-humans. All four throw around their wealth and power to get what they want at the expense of others. Henselt is a war warmongering brute. Foltest was an arrogant playboy. Demavend loathed non-humans. Radovid harbours the Order of the Flaming Rose and will openly accept massacres on anyone with an affinity to magic.

Fuck the lot of them.

Yeah, I think they're fun to hate. During Roche's path I (TW2 spoilers)
I wanted to respect Henselt when I first met him, but by the end of that chapter I had no problem letting Roche kill the bastard.

EDIT: Whoops, the guy not the horse, thanks Salaadin.

Salaadin

Yeah, I think they're fun to hate. During Roach's path I (TW2 spoilers)
I wanted to respect Henselt when I first met him, but by the end of that chapter I had no problem letting Roach kill the bastard.
I keep seeing this typo and it's simultaneously funny and maddening.

Roach is the Geralts horse
Roche aka Broche is your ultimate bro from The Witcher 2

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Amazing hype-inducing OT. That statue of Geralt and the griffin looks slick

I keep seeing this typo and it's simultaneously funny and maddening.

Roach is the Geralts horse
Roche aka Broche is your ultimate bro from The Witcher 2

Whoops, thanks. It's been a couple years since I played TW2 and seeing "Roach" everywhere these days has caused it to sink permanently into my subconscious I guess.

Exentryk

Time of contempt. Page # 119:

Geralt - ‘Do you have your razor?’

Dandelion: ‘Huh? Of course I do.’

Geralt - ‘I will borrow it tommorow morning. This beard is annoying me.’

Dandelion: ‘Why couldn‘t the dryads... Hmmm... True, they use their razors only for mushrooms. You know I will lend it to you.'

Geralt is older now and has grown to liking a beard. My Geralt, at least. :p

Daverid

Fuck the lot of them.

Hahaha. True, but it's what makes them such interesting characters. Not only the way they approach the world, but how the world views them.

Not to mention, you could use "cunt" as a perfect way to describe a huge amount of characters in The Witcher.

Salaadin

Whoops, thanks. It's been a couple years since I played TW2 and seeing "Roach" everywhere these days has caused it to sink permanently into my subconscious I guess.
Lol.

Tbh, I just assumed you were on your phone and auto correct was playing a funny game with you

Fuck the lot of them.

Absolutely agree however if any of them were worthy it was Foltest, although he was pretty much as bad as the rest.

I don't know what I think about Nilfgaard however, they condone the use of slaves, they're pretty much the Roman Empire of the witcher and while I love he Roman Empire I also hated some of what it stands for.

Gotta say I have a strict dislike of Henselt because of the witcher 2 heh.

Brilliant OT.
Have they said what all the free DLCs are?

Thanks thanks :). Wait for OT2, it will probably be better.

From what I have been able to find the other dlc's will be coming slowly as time progresses. The details of the current dlc's have been expanded upon, they've shown some of the different hairstyles and outfits for geralt and yennefer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Absolutely agree however if any of them were worthy it was Foltest, although he was pretty much as bad as the rest.

I don't know what I think about Nilfgaard however, they condone the use of slaves, they're pretty much the Roman Empire of the witcher and while I love he Roman Empire I also hated some of what it stands for.

Gotta say I have a strict dislike of Henselt because of the witcher 2 heh.

It pretty much comes down to this; power corrupts. Choosing your favourite king (because I'd agree with Foltest too) is really about picking the lesser evil when all are, in the grand scheme of things, cunts. And that extends to everyone in positions of power. Powerful sorceresses and sorcerers scheme, manipulate, and are cunts. Nilfgaard is a cunt empire. All the kings are cunts. Roche is a cunt. Iorveth is a cunt. Scoia'tael are terrorists. Order of the Flaming Rose are basically Reich SS. Saskia is the closest "good leader" you'll find. Even Roche, the bro that he is, isn't really a bro; his primary goal is not helping you but specifically helping Termeria, and he schemes/plots/acts on this through all three acts, and uses you where necessary to forward these advances. He knows Loredo is scheming with Henselt, and wants him dead and the Kaedwen spy captured so Flotsam can remain under Termerian control. He gets his way, and kills the spy while torturing him. He follows Henselt to pursue this lead and is a key part of the conspiracy against him, and given the opportunity (as well as vengeance) kills the king with his own hands. His primary goal in Loc Muinne is securing Anaïs and doing what he can to preserve Foltest's rule, even if it means allying with Radovid.

He's a bro, but he's still a ruthless, political lapdog through and through and his entire character arc is rooted in politics and Termeria. Which for a character like Geralt who's supposed to be somewhat politically distant is quite a rock and a hard place.

Really, Witchers are the only ones with 'power' who've avoided abusing it and as a result it's got them nowhere. They're poor outcasts in a world that's rejecting them. No empires, no authority. In many ways Geralt has nothing, and the cunts have everything.

Really, Witchers are the only ones with 'power' who've avoided abusing it and as a result it's got them nowhere. They're poor outcasts in a world that's rejecting them. No empires, no authority. In many ways Geralt has nothing, and the cunts have everything.

I think letho and his witcher buds make a pretty good case against this. In regards to abusing their power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom