• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, you can switch.

I'm playing on Death March (hardest difficulty) and can't emphasize enough how much better it is IMHO. Then again, I'm a masochist and a huge Souls/Bloodborne fan. But don't play it on normal...it's pretty damn easy. Hard and Death March are mainly hard at the beginning, but once you get the hang of the mechanics and controls, you're good to go.

Good to hear, thanks.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This…I… the only name I could recognize in there was Nilfgaard :/

Simplifying Witcher 2: divide the northern realms into quarters and it looks like this.

Redania: King Radovid | Kaedwin: King Henselt
---------------------------------------------
Temeria: King Foltest | Aedern: King Demevend

Demevend is the first to die, in the intro movie before the game starts. Foltest dies next in the prologue.

Radovid wants to secure as much of Termeria as he can after Foltest death, same for Henselt and Aedern. Upper Aedern is the area that sits on the border of Kaedwin, and Henselt is trying to claim it. Saskia is a freedom fighter, also a shapeshifting dragon, trying to secure Upper Aedern as a "Free State" for outcasts and persecuted.

Flotsam is a river town more or less in the middle bordering all four kingdoms, so everyone wants it.

Depending on paths and choices Radovid could be the only king left alive. Termeria could be halved between Radovid and Henselt. Henselt could take Upper Aedern, or lose.

Either way Termeria and Aedern, being the south most kingdoms before you hit Nilfgaard, are the first to fall in the invasion.

TriGen

This is probably the most hyped I've been for a game's release in a while. Obviously I'm always looking forward to an anticipated game's release -- but with this game I think I'm actually gonna have some trouble sleeping I'm so hyped.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Argh time is going so slow
My unlock timer is @ : 9 hours 27 minutes remaining

I'm 18 hours on GoG Galaxy and in Australia. Strange.

Edit: Scratch that, the actual library says 10 hours. The hell.

XmfPrn6.png

dreamfall

This is probably the most hyped I've been for a game's release in a while. Obviously I'm always looking forward to an anticipated game's release -- but with this game I think I'm actually gonna have some trouble sleeping I'm so hyped.

Amen to this! Haven't felt this way since Red Dead Redemption- trying to kill time !

Ceebs

Okay, so I had not seen that one of the DLC expansions was going to be in Toussaint. I am now SUPER stoked for that, as that was one of my favorite sections from the novels. I will be disappointed if it is not Dandelion heavy.

Lexad

I decided to cancel my Arkham Knight preorder (will pick it up someday but will be focusing on Elder Scrolls Online in a month) and switched it to Witcher yesterday. The scores were just crazy so I had to pick it up.

cripterion

Anyone got their Neverwinter Nights Diamond copy from GoG? I preordered the moment it was up for sale and I have yet to see the game in my library.

Braag

My hype level's off the charts.
I can't remember when was the last time I was this excited for a game. Probably back when TW2 was being released.

viveks86

Simplifying Witcher 2: divide the northern realms into quarters and it looks like this.

Redania: King Radovid | Kaedwin: King Henselt
---------------------------------------------
Temeria: King Foltest | Aedern: King Demevend

Demevend is the first to die, in the intro movie before the game starts. Foltest dies next in the prologue.

Radovid wants to secure as much of Termeria as he can after Foltest death, same for Henselt and Aedern. Upper Aedern is the area that sits on the border of Kaedwin, and Henselt is trying to claim it. Saskia is a freedom fighter, also a shapeshifting dragon, trying to secure Upper Aedern as a "Free State" for outcasts and persecuted.

Flotsam is a river town more or less in the middle bordering all four kingdoms, so everyone wants it.

Depending on paths and choices Radovid could be the only king left alive. Termeria could be halved between Radovid and Henselt. Henselt could take Upper Aedern, or lose.

Either way Termeria and Aedern, being the south most kingdoms before you hit Nilfgaard, are the first to fall in the invasion.

Thanks a lot for this! :D

I believe the info about the rest of free DLC contents are going to be announced near release.
It's near release already, right? Did I miss it?

Would it make sense for Geralt in TW2 to save Triss not once, but twice? Still deciding over these for my playthrough on TW3.

So far I'll be choosing:

Prologue: Aryan La Valette died in a duel
Act 1: Went after Loredo
Act 1: followed Roche
Act 2: Roche Path - Kill King Henselt
Act 3: Roche Path - Save Anaïs, or save Triss?
Act 3: Iorveth Path - Help Phillippa so you can lift the curse from Saskia or save Triss?
Final: Seeing how Letho would save Triss, if I decide on not saving Triss one of the two times, I'll be keeping him alive.

Would it make sense for Geralt in TW2 to save Triss not once, but twice? Still deciding over these for my playthrough on TW3.

So far I'll be choosing:

Prologue: Aryan La Valette died in a duel
Act 1: Went after Loredo
Act 1: followed Roche
Act 2: Roche Path - Kill King Henselt
Act 3: Roche Path - Save Anaïs, or save Triss?
Act 3: Iorveth Path - Help Phillippa so you can lift the curse from Saskia or save Triss?
Final: Seeing how Letho would save Triss, if I decide on not saving Triss one of the two times, I'll be keeping him alive.

Well the saving her twice thing doesnt count as the same game so it's not saving her twice.

Your Roche path is pretty much he opposite of mine.

Jimrpg

I got 10gbs to go.... its 24gb right?

I can only play it on Wednesday... so surely... surely it will be done by then...

Have been kind of disappointed by GTA V so hopefully Witcher 3 will be a more interesting world.

Well the saving her twice thing doesnt count as the same game so it's not saving her twice.

Your Roche path is pretty much he opposite of mine.

Oh shit lol I missed the part where one of the path was Lorverth's!
( I havn't played The Witcher 2 past killing the giant look-alike Kraken in the "beginning".) My choices could be all wrong for all I know.

Still deciding on whether or not I'll be saving Triss, though..
Seeing how she ends up alive either way.

Great OT by the way man.

Tailzo

I'm really enjoying it. I do have a question about xp though. As level 4, I killed a level 17, but got no xp. Why?

_Clash_

I've never played a Witcher game, I want to start with this one. It looks awesome. I really love the Fallout/TES/Mass Effect games, will this click the same way, you think?

I do think so,

you never know you might like it even more! Witcher has a focus on slavic mythology and priorities world building even more so than the titles you mentioned IMO.

CD project RED doesn't have as many stake holders as Bethesda, EA etc so tend to create an experience with greater artistic freedom and less commercial responsibility which I feel sticks out compared to other modern games.

I got 10gbs to go.... its 24gb right?

I can only play it on Wednesday... so surely... surely it will be done by then...

Have been kind of disappointed by GTA V so hopefully Witcher 3 will be a more interesting world.

Not sure which version you have but on ps4 it's around 31GB.

_Clash_

I also tend to change settings to use the native Polish voice work which I have read is available on most versions of the game.

The previous games have been a pleasure, if you don't mind subtitles.

But yeh, not for everyone obviously.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So Australia might release early with the gog version but I have the steam version.

Awesome :(

I'd say that might be a countdown to the day of the 19th, not the specific unlock time.

That'd be kind of strange to countdown to a day and not the actual release. Though, my front page countdown is based on the Australian price and release, whereas I bought it through the GoG Ukraine thing. Maybe that's why I'm 10 hours?

Anyone get their copies early? Particularly Futureshop.ca (now closed).

I think I was supposed to get mine early, but I had credit card issues and they attempted to process my order on Friday with no luck.

;_; fixed it now, but I might have gotten it early.

Tailzo

No XP for killing monsters outside of quests.

Oh... I was wondering if killing all those wolves was worth it. I guess not.

Thanks, that's good to know.

No more killing random enemies for me.

Didn't realize that. So grinding is out for this game.

Yeah, I guess I must make sure to do all quests.

I really am not a huge fan of that.

But I GET why they did it.

Games can be a butthole to balance if you give the players the option to grind XP or not.

I agree, I like feeling like I'll get rewarded if I go out of the normal path, stumble upon some powerful enemies and manage to defeat them.

I'm guessing only if it's part of the active quest.

But what if I found a bandits camp, kill all the bandits before I find the quest for it?

KAOS

Repost:

Been enjoying the game (X1 version) over the weekend and I can't stop playing it! Kudos to CD PR on a fantastic job! This gen just got it's Skyrim\Red Dead Redemption caliber game!

Can anyone help me find out where I pre-loaded my steam copy of the game to?

I think I set it up to install on my SSD but I can't seem to find the files and I don't want to download them again tomorrow morning if I don't have to.

Anyone know where they should be located? Or will I select the install location after the pre-load is unlocked and it will be "installed"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom