• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLCats

Banned
How many of you are rolling with the game guide? I haven't bought one in years.... but i'm wondering if it might be a good idea for W3...

LOLCats

Banned
You can't rebind WASD, but you can rebind almost everything else. I haven't had much of a problem with M/K so far, except for switching lock on targets. Also, the default keybindings are pretty bad, like having to use a modifier to strong attack. I've switched them up quite a bit.

Going to try DS4 this afternoon though, and see if I like it better.

I have used an autohotkey script to rebind keys before... expect it would work fine here too.

robotrock

Banned
This game is tough as balls. Level 3 here, how do I get good?
Trying to fight the first noonwraith right now, next to that well.

Yeah, I was confused. I've played Witcher 2 but I didn't have the save so I wanted to have the option to choose decisions made from the game. But whatever the option was on the menu I must've chose the wrong thing because come the scene with having the shave etc no questions were asked. I guess I have the canon ending from W2 (whatever that is).

Also I had the shave and imediately set off afterwards to the new town and amazingly my beard was back! I know Witchers have a fast metabolism but that fast!?lol

Tacitus_

Well, that was new. I encountered an elvish (not really spoilers, but I cba to deal with someone whining about it)
transvestite who was a friend of Dandelions
in the 2nd stretch of the main storyline (circa lvl 10 or so).

I reacted just like Geralt did :lol

OCD Guy

I hate the hand to hand combat. Add in the wanky controls and semi auto lock on and you've got yourself a frustrating mess. Oh and 1 min load times after death. I'm getting sick of this game already. Sluggish and slowdown are annoying me too much.

I mentioned the load times yesterday, surprised no one else has really mentioned it. They are on par with bloodborne pre patch, and as I'm dying a lot it's frustrating.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Game itself is really fun. Love the world. Production is through the roof compared to game 2.

CDP put on their A game for the new console players. PC version runs locked with everything maxed minus hairworks and with lots of ini customization.

pushBAK

Has anyone firgued out how to do instant kills with Axii? I keep pulling them off but don't know how I'm doing it.

I have Axii at L3, I'll stunn someone then strong attack, which leads to a locked animation (in which I can't be hit) where I one shot them.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to make the quick menu a 'hold' and not a toggle? Would seem much better like that.

Wanted the same, couldn't see one. I also long for one button casts for signs, had to settle with rebinding mouse buttons to be two keypresses (4->q for Quen, for example.)

TheFatMan

Am I the only one getting frustrated with all of the content being too high level?

I'm currently level 4, all of my story quests are level 6 or higher and every "?" event I run to seems to be full of skull marked enemies. And when I do manage to find one I can complete I get almost no experience for doing so. All of the actual quests I have picked up are far to high level (one was 37!).

How the hell am I supposed to level? Or am I supposed to just do the recommended level 6 quests at level 4? And if so why are they even marked as level 6....

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm getting frustrated....

So...I have had the game crash twice now, both in a way I've never seen a game crash before. Game screen just freezes, while sound is still playing. And nothing I do will shut the game down. Have had to reset my pc both times.

Anyone have had this issue and found a solution?

For me the game has booted me off remote play without any warning or degredation of the image just black screen then need to remote play back in (playing it away from home)

Elginer

Truly marveled at how fantastic this game looks on PS4. Controls are a bit wonky for me but getting used to it. What is messing with my eyes is the wide field of view. Really not used to it and it's kind of making my eyes hurt and kind of dizzy.

Am I the only one getting frustrated with all of the content being too high level?

I'm currently level 4, all of my story quests are level 6 or higher and every "?" event I run to seems to be full of skull marked enemies. And when I do manage to find one I can complete I get almost no experience for doing so. All of the actual quests I have picked up are far to high level (one was 37!).

How the hell am I supposed to level? Or am I supposed to just do the recommended level 6 quests at level 4? And if so why are they even marked as level 6....

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm getting frustrated....

level 4 here too and ya, I'm just doing quests marked 5/6/7

void666

Banned
Is the sun spunking on your screen/view not bothering anyone else?

VPloZI9.jpg

Also I found a griffin's lair before even getting up to the point in the story, hopefully it's a different one as the griffin was already dead...which seems a bit confusing as they've asked me to kill it.

The deadzone on controllers seems too big as well.

Last thing, anyone confirm there is rain in the PC version too?

That's
a female griffin. The one you have to kill is the male. If you investigate the nest you will find out why the male is so pissed off.

I recall seeing stormy weather and rain drops on my screen. But now that i think about it i don't remember seeing actual rain drops falling down. But maybe i just wasn't paying attention.

WetTreeLeaf

Neo Member
13 hours in and Im only level 4. Playing on the hardest difficulty is hard but fair, anytime I find a piece of bread I feel like it's Christmas.

misterck

The first two dlc's are supposed to be out tomorrow (20th) and consist of temarian arm or set (including full horse armor) and a beard n hairstyle set for geralt, after which there will be new dlc's weekly according to CDPR site.

parabolee

I think the narrator people keep talking about is Vesemir (the old Witcher). Dandelion's voice is the same (thankfully because I love him). I'm sure he becomes the narrator of those sections later in the game -

Possible spoiler (Just watched enough to hear Dandelion) -

https://youtu.be/5mXnIbkOC0s?t=660

The first two dlc's are supposed to be out tomorrow (20th) and consist of temarian arm or set (including full horse armor) and a beard n hairstyle set for geralt, after which there will be new dlc's weekly according to CDPR site.

They are already available via GOG, but you have to download the free DLC pack.

https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_free_dlc_program

Then you then have to turn them on in the GOG launcher, which is odd but there you go. Goto the game page select MORE > CONFIGURE -> and then check the boxes. It will then download and install the DLC.

witcher_DLC.png

brau

Yeah, same here. I see the season pass and two different witcher themes but no actual DLCs

I guess this would make sense then. No dlc until tomorrow. Unless someone else already has this.

Jb

Just met the emperor. This game is everything I wanted so far: the writing is on point, the combat is really dynamic and fun and the world is beautiful. I'm a happy customer :)

Fuz

Banned
I seem to remember somebody saying it may be possible in some ini files, but I'm not 100% sure. Might be worth looking into.

Not an ideal solution, but that would solve the problem. I'm very, very glad I canceled my preorder now, though.
Thanks, I'll see if I can find more info on the .ini edit.

update for anyone that had an instore pre-order and didn't get a steelbook at Best Buy.

Their forum moderator said he checked and most of them were mailed separate. Most stores should have them tomorrow.

Bring in your pre-order receipt and you should get one.

I still don't believe him though, when I called my local store they said we aren't getting any, our store for some reason just isn't getting them.

danowat

Banned
Make Specter Oil first. Sharpen your silver sword second. And third dodge, dodge, dodge.
I did the
noonwraith on lvl1 on blood and bones, it was very easy when you use the magic trap spell, as it brings it out of it's "frenzy", and means you can just wail on it.

Skyzard

Banned
That's
a female griffin. The one you have to kill is the male. If you investigate the nest you will find out why the male is so pissed off.

I recall seeing stormy weather and rain drops on my screen. But now that i think about it i don't remember seeing actual rain drops falling down. But maybe i just wasn't paying attention.

That's what I remember too...a storm and trees going crazy but I don't remember the rain... I only ask because another poster mentioned it and said he couldn't see rain on the pc.

Currently waiting for some rain.

Thanks as well for the headsup, was worried about the way things were laid out but if it's all good then that's cool, won't spoil myself too much :)

AzureFlame

Just killed the 1st boss on DM.. damn that was not easy.

Btw guys can come someone help me with the choices from Witcher 2, i have no idea what to choose :(.

Menthuss

Game seems pretty good so far. Playing on Blood and Broken Bones and nearly died during the first real fight in the game. One thing that is very annoying however, is that the game consistently locks up after I spend like a minute or 2 in the inventory screen. Also, I'm getting tons of graphical artefacts on Geralt's face in the inventory screen.

any idea why i am crashing hard? i am at the ransacked village and i took out some deserts and when i try to go in my inventory to read a letter and a book it keeps crashing. i rolled the drivers back but no joy

I looked around and it seems multiple people are suffering from the inventory crash. Here's to hoping the devs bring out a hotfix soon.

Vlodril

any idea why i am crashing hard? i am at the ransacked village and i took out some deserts and when i try to go in my inventory to read a letter and a book it keeps crashing. i rolled the drivers back but no joy

Anung

Un Rama
Started fudging up so many quests now and made some pretty bad choices in the subplots. Gonna have to play it again with a guide to make sure I see everything.

Not a fan of Triss's VA in this to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom