• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt |OT| Gwent Player, Monster Slayer, EVEN RACISM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SxP

Just started the game, movement feels really sluggish. So far the only negative, as the game looks fantastic and the characters I've met so far are pretty good as well. Hopefully I'll get used to the movement sooner rather than later.

Just started this last night. I had to turn the camera sensitivity all the way down. Is it just me or is the default setting way higher than in other games?

Also, is there a way to make it so that I HAVE to push a button to run, or a LEFT stick sensitivity setting? As it is, navigating in confined areas or climbing stairs is a joke due to how sensitive the left stick is as well. I end up running all over the place, running over tables and chairs, hitting the stair railing, etc. It's kinda weird.

Jolkien

I hate the hand to hand combat. Add in the wanky controls and semi auto lock on and you've got yourself a frustrating mess. Oh and 1 min load times after death. I'm getting sick of this game already. Sluggish and slowdown are annoying me too much.

1 mins load time, on wich platform ? Playing on PC on an SSD and a reload takes me about 6-10'ish sec

This is the first game that prompted me to upload pictures to this forum. Hope you guys are not so fed up with pics already :p

teamviewer_2015_05_192jxk9.png

teamviewer_2015_05_197slvi.png

teamviewer_2015_05_1946zt1.png

Godamnit, I can't even skip the cutscenes and I can't get past the loading screen. I'm gonna try deleting the game and running it again, I hope I didn't get a faulty disk.

Sai

Am I the only one who finds higher difficulties that make it so the hardened Witcher can take less punches from a peasant than the peasant can take from the Witcher ridiculous? I am tempted to change it just because of this.
There are a lot of games that are weird about this. Wish game difficulty was much more dependant on your enemies' attack patterns and numbers, rather than damage values.

But, that's not an easy thing to accomplish. Not yet, anyways.

DarkOneX

Can't get past the first couple of cutscenes on Ps4. The game keeps getting stuck on a loading screen... I have installed the patch, but so far nothing... Anyone run into this problem?

Negative, retail disk copy of the game on my PS4, 0 issues thus far and I've played about 4 hours.

Is this quest bugged for me?
wild at Heart with werewolf. It's health keeps regenerating way faster than I can damage it. Tried bombs that do silver damage which barely do anything.
Saw a YouTube video where it's health doesn't regen at all. Way too further ahead in the story to want to go back to an old old save now. Too many bugs!

Is it save to loot dead soldiers, or are there repercussions?

Are CD Projekt Red known for listening to fan complaints and fixing them in patches?
Yes, more so than most other developers. For the last two games they released small patches with fixed and small DLC every once in a while, before releasing an enhanced edition a year after release.

DesertFox

Just started this last night. I had to turn the camera sensitivity all the way down. Is it just me or is the default setting way higher than in other games?

Also, is there a way to make it so that I HAVE to push a button to run, or a LEFT stick sensitivity setting? As it is, navigating in confined areas or climbing stairs is a joke due to how sensitive the left stick is as well. I end up running all over the place, running over tables and chairs, hitting the stair railing, etc. It's kinda weird.
You're not alone in this. Default wasn't working for me either. I turned it down to 0.8 and it's much better.

Sai

I hate the hand to hand combat. Add in the wanky controls and semi auto lock on and you've got yourself a frustrating mess. Oh and 1 min load times after death. I'm getting sick of this game already. Sluggish and slowdown are annoying me too much.
Yo, after just running through Witcher 1 & 2 with their clumbsy and boring QTE efforts, Witcher 3 feels like a tremendous step up.

Zomba13

So... Did they change Dandelion's voice? In the load screens where he gives a recap he sounds so much different than he did in past games and it's not been long enough for him to grow old enough for his voice to change.

You guys all picked up the crystal crows skull off the ground right in the beginning of the game right? Seemed so easy to miss, I think I got lucky. It's on the ground right after the initial ghoul fight.

Sai

So... Did they change Dandelion's voice? In the load screens where he gives a recap he sounds so much different than he did in past games and it's not been long enough for him to grow old enough for his voice to change.
That's Dandelion? Yikes.

Nose Master

How do you refill potions? I made swallow and it's 0/3 now but still in my inventory, and I can't craft it because "I already have that item."

=O

I haven't actually met him in the game yet, so I'm hoping that's not Dandelion. Just doesn't fit him at all.

Is weather bugged on PC? I keep going out at night and it's windy and stormy... But no rainfall. I figured the game was saving it for something dramatic since I'm still in White Orchard, but then I noticed the weather/time of day widget says "Raining," but there is absolutely no rainfall.

Settings are all maxed, except hair works is off.

Anyone else see this? Is this expected? I swear I saw trailers where it actually rained.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
You guys all picked up the crystal crows skull off the ground right in the beginning of the game right? Seemed so easy to miss, I think I got lucky. It's on the ground right after the initial ghoul fight.

BACK TO WHITE ORCHARD

aravuus

Oh god DAMN it

I was in the middle of one of the cooler fights I've had in the game against level 10 bandits as a level 4 Geralt, and the game locks up.

I want to play the game nonstop but these constant freezes are really hampering my enjoyment.

This is such a small thing but it takes me less than 1 minute to go from double clicking the EXE + spamming space to skip intro stuff, loading into the world and running around and the game isn't even on my SSD. Gets you into the action as soon as you launch, I love it.

Afrodium

Banned
If you're short on money/repairing your equipment constantly and haven't killed the Griffin yet then do some quests. You're still in the prologue and aren't really supposed to be running around the open world getting into trouble yet. Once you beat the intro you should have enough cash where repairing a sword won't break the bank.

There are three movements with just the stick, walk, fast walk, and jog. I just walk everywhere so I've gotten used to it. Just slightly push on the stick.

I turned down camera sensitivity abit myself.

Alxjn

Is there any option to stop the camera from readjusting itself while on the horse? Right now it snaps back behind the horse if you let go of the camera control.

Really annoying when I just want to look at the scenery while staying on the road.

Skyzard

Banned
The dirt on the top of the screen when there is bloom is just plain stupid.

I think I got super lucky with that. I totally forgot about it after the cutscene and just happened on it as it was right near the dead ghoul too.

Yes. It's really annoying that you don't find out you made an error until 5 hours later.

If you selected "Off" and never played Witcher 2, you did it right.

Thanks, edited my original post quite late with an article link that explains it a bit more. Does seem like they should have added a bit more of a description to that choice.

Is weather bugged on PC? I keep going out at night and it's windy and stormy... But no rainfall. I figured the game was saving it for something dramatic since I'm still in White Orchard, but then I noticed the weather/time of day widget says "Raining," but there is absolutely no rainfall.

Settings are all maxed, except hair works is off.

Anyone else see this? Is this expected? I swear I saw trailers where it actually rained.

Now that you mention it I don't remember any rain but I'll check again. Using PC too.

Dangit nope! What is it for? Can I go back and get it?
I have no idea but it seems to be the same one from the beginning game cutscene, so seems important. I accidentally used witcher senses as I was playing with the buttons after the ghouls fight and found it completely by chance. Geralt then says something about it seeming like it belongs to Yen, idk.

jesu

I've just did that, I was picking flowers and looting anything I saw when I got it.

ebevan91

That narrator's voice when you load a save is so quiet I have to turn my sound all the way up to hear it. Then if I forget to turn the sound back down, the other sounds in-game annihilate my eardrums.

LgnFFRL.jpg

Steam in game timer at 15hours. So freaking good so far. The first time you fight the
Wild Hunt dude in the caves
toke all my vitality recovering food. Was chugging apple juice and laying down traps the entire fight.

Only stopped because the mail man showed up with a little something for me. Dunno if ill open the guide till after I beat the game though. I do need to figure out storage as I got sets of gear I don't wanna sell but are cluttering up my inventory.
Like the Temeria set you buy off the dude at the start of the game
. Taking a little break now to go get some milk shakes

Is the guide worth it? Looks awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom